Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Moroccans living in the Ireland or the UK
r
30 June 2005 16:37
Hi all,
I just wanted to start a topic regarding Moroccans living in the UK and Ireland, this will be beneficial I think in getting to know each other sharing comments on the life style and been Moroccans on those countries, I wanted initially to create a website devoted to this purpose, but wanted to initiate a discussion before moving to the next step....we can discuss anything under this topic and maybe in the long run have an association with annual meetings and so one....
To all Moroccans, helping each other is the key to have a good Moroccan community participating in the development of their host country and participating also effectively in the development of Morocco. Thanks
r
30 June 2005 16:38
sorry for the mistake in the subject : Moroccans living in Ireland and the UK
r
30 June 2005 16:39
just corrected the subject mistake.....
A
1 July 2005 10:42
Assalamo 3alikom,

I think it's really good idea, I am currently living in the UK and I think that Moroccans should learn from the other communities living in the UK especialy the asian community.

We Moroccans we focus more on our diffrences and induvidualities rather than our common values, we should spend more time helping each other and creating a sence of community, where every one could contribute to the well being of everyone around us.

We should not sit and wait for other people to orginise every thing for us but we should have a sence of initiative.

Thanks.

Salam
r
4 July 2005 11:31
exactly Friend Arabi77, I kind of have the same feeling, we are not really organised and this could cost the Moroccan community a lot in the future...our number is allright and we should be able to be efficient in organising eachj other, helping each other and participating in the devellopment of the countries where we live to give a good image of our community....it's easy once the talk start with a good will and we will be able to face all problems as opposed to deal with them individually.....
y
4 July 2005 14:22
Hello my fellow Maghariba,

Just wanted to express my support for the idea of creating a forum for Moroccans living in the UK. I have been living in England for 11 years now and feel somewhat cut off from any Moroccan or arab communities. I must confess that it did not bother me that much until recently, mainly because I was too busy at work or looking after my family.

Anyway, I hope this is the launch of something big and very useful.

Yassine (Buckinghamshire).

r
5 July 2005 11:52
Hey Guys....thanks for the replies and yes Yazman, we are all cut from tis reality with busy working hours and so on....I hope we will have more replies and we will be creating something big...initialy I will be creating a website and we can discuss the content of the site in this forum guys...in the long run, organising events and anual meetings mainly to help the community and Morocco in general.....but don';t forget guys...UK and the republic of Ireland....cheers
m
6 July 2005 13:09
Hello guys,

I would like to lend my support to any idea that promotes the well-being of Moroccans in the UK and Ireland.

If anyone has any ideas then let us have them :-)

Regards

Mohamed (Surrey)
r
6 July 2005 13:50
it seems that it's getting more and more interesting once people look at the topic.....thanks for your support Mohamed and hopefuly we will grab the attention of more people (maximum number that we can have) to be able to have as many ideas as we can...then we can structure it between us....right now any suggestions will be very well appreciated and we could then take it from their and start by having our own community website where we can discuss more....but we will keep this forum open for new people to join.
All the best
Regards
Abdelghafour Saidi
m
6 July 2005 13:59
I have had some experience organising meeting for Moroccans who are interested in getting together for the benefit of the Moroccan community. This was a long time ago and if there are people who are prepared to put in the time and effort then I am more than happy to contribute.

Regards

Mohamed
f
6 July 2005 23:16
read this interview with the ambassador of morocco in the uk

[www.moroccotimes.com]
A
7 July 2005 00:57
Assalamo 3alikom,

Today at the local mosque I have attended a prayer on a Moroccan guy who was within an inch of being cremated, apparently the guy an elderly of 65 lived isolated with his wife and it was only by a chance that a neighbour intervened at the last minute with the help or the imams and managed to convince the his wife and the authorities to bury him the Muslim way and perform salato al janaza on him.

Ina lilahi wa ina ilaihi raji3oun.

This would have never happened to a pakistani or an indian muslim.

This highlights also the lack of community between Moroccans living in the UK, a lot of Moroccans live like disassociated atoms which makes them very vulnerable.

May Allah creates unity between us, amine.

Salam
l
7 July 2005 10:33
What about creating links in the community that you are living in? Why focus only on Moroccans? I understand it's nice to find the similar culture, but living within an enclave only isolates people from the larger community and makes them vulnerable as a group to outside stereotypes.

Instead of focussing on the differences, ie. we are morccans therefore we are different and have to be with other morocans - although I know there is discrimination and limits set by others out there... So what about a moroccan group that actively works to give back to the community within which it lives, and tried to link to the local community? That would do something to raise the profile of Moroccans and inshallah Muslims in general.
r
8 July 2005 11:46
Hi laure21, in order to be effective we need to organise ourselfs, it's easy to link to the local community and I'm sure that each one of us is interacting with the community that he is living with to some extent, but their is no harm friend in having a Moroccan community, or you can name it association that looks after Moroccan problems and in the long run it will be very benefical for the Moroccan community and the host country. When you are organised you are respected, it's not only about helping each other, but also helping Moroccans not doing somethingt wrong that could harm them and harm the Moroccan community....the idea isn't to isolate ourselfs but mainly to organise ourselfs and look after each other and this will not in any way stop us from participating in the devellopement of our host country and interacting with the different communities. thanks for your comments
l
12 July 2005 11:13
Salaam,

I see what you mean romuse, as first step I think it's agreat idea, and then inshallah once you get more organised you could participate in community events and help the rest of the commnunity as well inshallah, the reason I say this is firstly due to the religious injuction to help the neighbour in need, and secondarily because it is a great way to lift prejudice if people have positive experiences with groups, and with the economic power of people living in UK or Irelnd you could inshallah make a great difference to the lives of people in Morocco, education, help with finding work, etc.... but locally, for example a group that comes and helps an old folk's home with odd jobs, or takes part in supporting a school (particularly a muslim school) or is present at other charitable events, or for example helps to raise funds and organised scholarships of funding for projects in Morocco to help improve soem of the communities there.

Inshallah, I think that's possible, but maybe later on after organising and helping each other first, inshallah.
15 July 2005 22:07
hey.. i jst lyk to say my greate grandfather was moroccan nd he came to england with the circus.. howevere he ran off.. his name was Muhammad Ali (Nadeem) mabey not sure.. i think he married in cheshire but i cnt confirm tht but if any1 knows anything interesting or useful plz reply thanks..
f
16 July 2005 21:16
Are there moroccans , algerians or tunisians living in Aberdeen.

Want to speak darija now and then and tast couscous and mint tee.

Beslama and I will hear from you !
s
24 July 2005 18:05
Hi Abdel,

It's Sinead here. I've lost Lucy's email address. How are you all doing? Am still in Germany...Anyway, send me your email address and I'll write more. Do you have Ali's email address? I've been trying to get in contact with him.
p
13 August 2005 20:45
I think The Issue should be to support any idea of creating any forum (like this one) for all Moroccans living on Earth.

Have a nice time and with my best regards,

www.xaqt.net
b
13 September 2005 15:42
hi just joined! your thread is something close to my heart! i live in wiltshire where we have the biggest moroccan community outside london and yet it saddens me that we do not have a sense of community...so a few like minded moroccans have all returned from morocco highly passionate and pro active in starting a new commitee and making some changes!
we took part in the town carnival on saturday, we organised a 40ft float with a wonderful moroccan theme, with children in moroccan clothes and adults dresses in traditional clothing partying hard!!! the music could be heard before we could be seen!!!! it was very well recieved and has given us a huge moral boost and confirmed we are moving in the right direction.
i will post some pics if you like!
i am looking forward to exchanging ideas with you all.
r
13 September 2005 16:35
looking for acomodations for 1 month in UK in order ton improve my english for job in belgium.

thanks
r
11 February 2006 23:32
Sinead...have no mail to contact you.....send me your mail....and I will contact you....an offcourse give you the details that you asked for...send me a private mail on yabilati private mail
S
15 February 2006 10:53
Hi!
I am a french schoolmistress and On the 3rd of March, I will spend 3 weeks in Ireland (Tramore).
Can U tell me more about Irish people, their habits, what are the places I shall visit?
Please, excuse my englishsmiling smiley
t
21 February 2006 11:16
hi I think it s a good idea to help a community morocan living in uk I hope i find my answer with you and can get a help/
I m a morocan maried with brtish man born in uk and origin from asia I would like to get information about setelement wich steps i do and what i need and wich way is easy to get my setement in early time
I think all who give important to my message
S
21 February 2006 21:39
Hello guys !

I live in morroco and It' s very difficult to get a visa for England. I want to go to that country in order to to improve my English.
Just want to ask if you know some web site in which I can learn english grammar. A free site.
I found out a good site named www.gymglish.com But It' s not free.

please, help !

PS : excuse me if I made mistaes. My english isn't good
t
22 February 2006 10:11
hi samira Belkacem I think in that web site you will find what you are seraching
[www.anglaisfacile.com]
good luky
l
22 February 2006 14:05
Hello,

Thanks for creating this topic. I've been living in the UK for 5 years and haven't met a single moroccanmoody smiley i lived for 4 years in cheshire where it was difficult to meet any other people than the English but i moved 3 months ago to London and hopefully i will meet people from the moroccan community!

i have a question. Does anyone know if Moroccans visiting the UK with a tourist visa can marry during their stay? If yes, what is the procedure? do they marry in the Moroccan consulate? Can they complete both the legal and religious marriage there? If you have any experience or information about this procedure please reply. Thanks in advance

Liliismiling smiley
S
22 February 2006 15:31
toulate
hi samira Belkacem I think in that web site you will find what you are seraching
[www.anglaisfacile.com]
good luky

thanks !
S
22 February 2006 15:37
lilii
Hello,

Thanks for creating this topic. I've been living in the UK for 5 years and haven't met a single moroccanmoody smiley i lived for 4 years in cheshire where it was difficult to meet any other people than the English but i moved 3 months ago to London and hopefully i will meet people from the moroccan community!

i have a question. Does anyone know if Moroccans visiting the UK with a tourist visa can marry during their stay? If yes, what is the procedure? do they marry in the Moroccan consulate? Can they complete both the legal and religious marriage there? If you have any experience or information about this procedure please reply. Thanks in advance

Liliismiling smiley

I only know that, anyone can get married in the consulate of his homeland, in every country, with or without a visa...
I hope this information may help you...
l
22 February 2006 16:24
SamiraBelKacem
lilii
Hello,

Liliismiling smiley

I only know that, anyone can get married in the consulate of his homeland, in every country, with or without a visa...
I hope this information may help you...

Hi and thanks for your reply. i hope this is true. I just wanted to ask before going to the moroccan consulate in London. They are a bunch of nasty and helpless people and they love to make everything sound complicated and difficult!
Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook