Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
u know u r Moroccan when......
v
20 September 2007 17:02
hello,
some funny things about being Moroccan grinning smiley
8) There was no such a thing as a car seat for children and you could sit in the front next to your dad at age 3.
9) If you’re a girl, you’ve been harassed by random guys who would not stop at just staring. You heard them call you zzin, manshoufoush? Or Ghzala tbarkellah, wakha ntkellem m3ak?
10) If you’re a guy, you know what I’m talking about, if you haven’t done it, at least you’ve witnessed it and wanted to beat the guy up if it was around your sister or girlfriend.
11) You call your mom’s girlfriends Khalti and your dad’s friend’s 3ammi.
12) The US is called Lmirikan, Italy, Ttalian, France, Fransa, Spain, Ssbalyoun, China Shinwa
13) You knew that when someone signaled you with the “Flash” and they were coming from the opposite direction that meant there’s a hidden radar or cops, slow down!
14) You have so many way to designate money. E.g.: 10 drahem= alf frank= myatayn rial
15) In elementary school, the teacher would make sure two people of the oppostie sex would sit next to one another (And somewhere it bugged you)... Later, it was totally fine and even something you looked forward to sometimes!
16) When your grand parents swear they saw King Mohammed V in the moon
When all yoghourts are called DANOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUNE
When at least one ofyour cousins lives in europe, and the rest of them want to''burn'' to the other side
When you know the word coming after this one:
TIKCHBILA ...
you put the seat belt on 10 sec befor you c the cops.
When you have a spot on your arm (called "jelba"winking smiley
when you go to teleboutik, you insert one (1) dirham , you talk with your friend, and when you're done, you verify if the machine gave you back the change, even if you know that you've only put one dirham
when u call baguette "parisiana" ,pain o chocolat "ptit pain" ,pain aux raisins "chnek"et tout les détergents TIDE
If you can still remember all the lyrics of Annamirou el Mouqanna3 when you are old... for instance " Halbatou el Mosara3a moultaqa al abtal fiha zawaya arba3a machdoudatou al hibal laha majdoun qadim wa tarikhoun 3adim saghiratoun lakinnaha dounia mina al aaamaaal"
when you kiss the bread before you throw it
When you buy "bigni cho skhoun" every summer at the beach
When at least one person you know saw 3ycha 9ndicha someday or knows someone who did
a
20 September 2007 17:17
When are a kid & you change your tenth you you thjrow them in the sun's direction & say " ashmisha haki sanate la7mar wa3tini sanat lagzal" ...........
M
20 September 2007 17:20
lol! i saw this one on facebook the other day and it made me laugh (tm)
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
H
20 September 2007 17:24
looool

thanx cranberry it's sooooo funny, really thank you.. here is another one

When you start with 8 instead of 1 .. winking smiley what happened to you cranberry.. are you fasting smiling smiley
v
20 September 2007 17:29
(tm) yes I am indeed, daykha hit foya jou3
H
20 September 2007 17:35
indeed, you must be hungry... but it could be a genuine new numbering.. really ... teasing you spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

you know that the arabic and the hindi numbers were invented in ramadan (more or less) alkhawarizmi had to be as hungry as you ..
v
20 September 2007 17:38
smiling smileyi'm sure he was
actually i copied these from a facebook group, and i didn't wanna put the first ones because I already did once, i don't wanna be repititive,
sure i could have redone the numbering smiling smiley but too lazy to do it smoking smiley
M
20 September 2007 17:39
lol i just noticed the numbers starting from 8!! i must be hungry too since i didn't spot them the first time (tm)
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
r
22 September 2007 22:32
you know you are moroccan when you fancy a pot of mint tea anytime of the day or the nightsmiling smiley
a
23 September 2007 16:21
couscous for lunch every Friday
b
26 September 2007 01:08
atlasmagic
couscous for lunch every Friday

(tm)
N
25 October 2007 00:14
Nice topic (tm)

u know u r Moroccan when...

1. the chance of your father's name being Hmed or (si)Mohammed is 90% and the chance of your mother's name being Fatima
2. when ur a girl...you have a boy's name ending with an a, like KarimA, RachidA, SamirA, MalikA, etc etc.
3. ur having 'el marka' or 'tajine' for dinner each day
k
26 October 2007 21:01
I really enjoy reading all those messages
I was born in France and you live in the USA and we have exactely the same references
positively excellent!!!!
s
26 October 2007 21:32
You also realise how Moroccsn you are:
when you need to eat bread in each meal of the day.
when Harrira must have a place in your ramadan table

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook