Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
struggled to get a moroccan bank card?
k
9 June 2008 18:29
hi

here i am again with the same topic: moroccan banks. i'm finding that it's much more of a time-consuming hassle to get a bank card from a moroccan bank than it is to get it from a uk bank.
i opened an account with bmce, and was told that i'd need to make a first payment intomy account for the card to be issued; at attijari, it seems that you can only apply for one from morocco and wait for 1 month for it to be issued! has anyone of you experienced that? how quickly (or long) did you have to wait for your moroccan bank card to be issued? thanks
M
10 June 2008 10:39
Hi Khadija, sorry to ask but why would you need a Moroccan card if you are in the UK? you wouldn't be able to use it anyway right? or am i missing something?
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
k
10 June 2008 18:29
Hi Minniemouse,

i would need a moroccan bank card for when i go to morocco on holiday (about 3 times a year), as it is way more convenient than having to exchange currency or even queing up at the bank desk to withdraw money from my account. it's just about the freedom that goes with having a card.....cheers
H
11 June 2008 10:40
Hi Minnie, Where have you been hiding ...
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
a
11 June 2008 15:28
khadijaox81

I do have one from Attijariwafa & i do use it back home , i guess you could also use it here at a cost !
I'am not sur if you have an account with attijari & all you need is to have some money in the account before you could request the card .
For more details contact Mr Chami 07956118864 he is the attijari man in the Uk.
k
11 June 2008 22:32
thanks for your reply, atlasmagic; i actually contacted mr chami already, but he told me that i would have to apply for a card from morocco and wait for it to be issued there, which is just not convenient for me.
M
12 June 2008 12:16
Hi Khadija, ok i understand better. But are you sure you have to be "physically" in Morocco to apply for your card? can't you just give your agency in Morocco a call quoting your current bank account and apply for the card then they'd either send it to you via postal mail or you collect it when you are in Morocco?

This is a good point to clarify actually, i haven't thought of getting one myself but i will contact Chami and request one..

Hicham, just been a bit busy with life smiling smiley hope you 're ok

Atlas, how was ouarzazate?
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
a
12 June 2008 20:17
Minniemouse

Good idea to ask the question & even if its not done , could it be done type of Q

Yes Ouarza waz Fab ,hot too & the people were amazing the real Morocco , Taxi ride for 4 Dhs ,smiles & hospitality ...i loved it & i will go back in spring ,to much to se & do around the area & i made a lots of friends ...so bye bye Kech & hello Ouazazate for me ...
s
12 June 2008 21:33
hi guys

just wondering how you found the attijari wafabank
repesentative?
when i went to open in account in morocco , one of their reprentative told me that they had
no one in the UK, they work with Barclays
But when I went to Barclays...to ask for the GBP/Morocan DIRHam exchange rate, they told me that
this currency is on the red list and they don t trade it
????????

Thanks in advance for ur answers smiling smiley
a
12 June 2008 22:51
sweethome

contact Mr Chami 07956118864 he is the attijari man in the Uk for details about the account ect
Dhs is a closed currency so what you do is make transfers to your Moroccan account via Barclays once you have an account .

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook