Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
To stay in Spain or to go to USA
h
8 May 2009 04:04
Hello bmy Moroccan brothers.
I am living and working in Spain, and last time I am thinking alot about trying my luck in USA. to go there to look for another life better.
What do you think about this decision, I would like to listen some answers from People who lives there.
Thank u?
Salam alaikom
8 May 2009 04:29
welcome to the American dreamsgrinning smiley
well, it depends of what kind of luck are you looking for? are you coming as visitor and staying as herague or are you a green card holder? because if you are the first case, it will be difficult for you to get papers even you try to get married to an American lady? and who?
life is so different in US as it was before, with crisis, with lay off...ect.

ps: if you have a good life in Spain, I will recommend you to stay there but hey! you never know maybe luck will knock in your doorsmiling smiley
A Tanja ya 3aleya... 3aleya be sewariha....aye layellah...
w
8 May 2009 12:03
moody smileystaying as 7errag!! i just want to appologize on behalf of certain who give themselves the right to be arrogant and judgemental
the question was which country spain or USA not TO JUDGE PEOPLE (7erraga or married for a passport

treat people the way you like to be treated winking smiley

her is my point of view:
ther is a high unemployment in Spain , being ambitious is a good quality to have , if living in USA something that you wanted, give it a try , follow your dreams , if you never try , you never know

good luck thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2009 12:08 by whatsup.
8 May 2009 15:41
whatsup
moody smileystaying as 7errag!! i just want to appologize on behalf of certain who give themselves the right to be arrogant and judgemental
the question was which country spain or USA not TO JUDGE PEOPLE (7erraga or married for a passport

treat people the way you like to be treated winking smiley

her is my point of view:
ther is a high unemployment in Spain , being ambitious is a good quality to have , if living in USA something that you wanted, give it a try , follow your dreams , if you never try , you never know

good luck thumbs up

sorry and I didn't mean it, I do respect everybody in this planet, for me 7arague, it means non-documented, and I really feel sorry for them because I know some of them how they live here,Allah yekoun fe 3ounehoum, I won't do it, it's dangerous and even with the marriage for papers, it depends who can do it for you? everybody becomes very careful!
It's just my opinion that's all and all the best luck for everybodysmiling smiley
h
8 May 2009 17:46
Thank s alot for your answer.
Nwerkaise, I understood you, don. t mind, I understood your good intention,
I give you another information, may be will be important in informations, it s that i have spanish citizenship, so i am moroccan and spanish also. I don t know which privileges have poeple from UE(Union Europeene.how do you see it, it will be easy for me or the same of difficult?
Thank you a lot
Salam
8 May 2009 20:33
hamouda2000
Thank s alot for your answer.
Nwerkaise, I understood you, don. t mind, I understood your good intention,
I give you another information, may be will be important in informations, it s that i have spanish citizenship, so i am moroccan and spanish also. I don t know which privileges have poeple from UE(Union Europeene.how do you see it, it will be easy for me or the same of difficult?
Thank you a lot
Salam
I really don't know what privilege do you have with a dual citizenship, because I knew a lady who was Moroccan-French but she was here non-documented. she stayed here for few years and she returned to France, she said that overthere was much better for hersmiling smiley
just try to come here and see maybe you can make itsmiling smiley
c
9 May 2009 04:52
Ola Hamouda;
Moroccan or UE citizen once here in the USA they are the same. The only different is that you don't need a visa to come here or at least they will not be careful as with a Moroccan citizen.
So, if you are planing to work here it's little bit difficult, since you will need some paper like Social Security Card that allow to get a job.
It depend of your skills and educational level, you can have a sponsor, which mean, a company based in US will guarantee you a job. If you can get it, after 5 years you can have a Green Card and after another 5 years you can have citizen too.
If you have enough money, you can also start your own business.
I don't think these rules are different than other country, even in Morocco, if you are not a Moroccan citizen you will need a special permit to work!
As "NYorkaise" said things change a lot than before, so if you think that you will come here and become rich automatically you are wrong! but if you are a hard-worker you will become rich or whatever is your ambition, this holly land is really different than anywhere else and specially Europe, at least nobody gonna treat you different.
h
9 May 2009 05:05
thanks a lot Newrkaise and Chaiba, really, your answer will help me, to clarify some cuastions I have.
It s very important and nice what you said me Chaiba, that nobody gonna treat you different.

Other thing, Chaiba, I won´t to be rich , I want t work and live as live the majority of people there.

I agree with you Newrkaise, I have to go there and to try, and at least, to improve my english,.
Thanks
c
9 May 2009 05:22
Of course, if you can come here and try, that will be awesome! your English is good enough to start, you will not have problem with English, also your Spanish will help you a lot, when ever you go, you will find someone with who to speak.
Come here and try, the opportunities are in crisis time.
Feel free to ask any kind of question.
9 May 2009 06:37
chaïba kadim
Ola Hamouda;
Moroccan or UE citizen once here in the USA they are the same. The only different is that you don't need a visa to come here or at least they will not be careful as with a Moroccan citizen.
So, if you are planing to work here it's little bit difficult, since you will need some paper like Social Security Card that allow to get a job.
It depend of your skills and educational level, you can have a sponsor, which mean, a company based in US will guarantee you a job. If you can get it, after 5 years you can have a Green Card and after another 5 years you can have citizen too.If you have enough money, you can also start your own business.
I don't think these rules are different than other country, even in Morocco, if you are not a Moroccan citizen you will need a special permit to work!
As "NYorkaise" said things change a lot than before, so if you think that you will come here and become rich automatically you are wrong! but if you are a hard-worker you will become rich or whatever is your ambition, this holly land is really different than anywhere else and specially Europe, at least nobody gonna treat you different.

The company sponsors if they don't have someone here who cannot make it,I meant a field doesn't exist here. I knew someone who had a PhD in a field who nobody could make and the company sponsored him and they gave him a job in the same University where he was studying...
Mr.Chaiba Kadim don't make it easy and say to become rich, I was wondering who became rich recently? someone who came here as hard worker, for doing what kind of job? the rent is high, the lifestyle is high, the transportation is high..ect.
you know who made it here, the people who came here 10 years ago and more or the ones who brought a lot money from their country to open a business, when I said a lot, I meant $150,000.00,
I live in New York City and I know how life is here as I said before, after 9/11 evtg changed!
9 May 2009 06:37
chaïba kadim
Ola Hamouda;
It depend of your skills and educational level, you can have a sponsor, which mean, a company based in US will guarantee you a job. If you can get it, after 5 years you can have a Green Card and after another 5 years you can have citizen too.If you have enough money, you can also start your own business.

The company sponsors if they don't someone here who cannot make it,I meant a field doesn't exist here. I knew someone who had a PhD in a field who nobody could make and the company sponsored him and they gave him a job in the same University where he was studying...
Mr.Chaiba Kadim don't make it easy and say to become rich, I was wondering who became rich recently? someone who came here as hard worker, for doing what kind of job? the rent is high, the lifestyle is high, the transportation is high..ect.
you know who made it here, the people who came here 10 years and more or the ones who brought a lot money from their country to open a business, when I said a lot, I meant $150,000.00,
I live in New York City and I know how life is here as I said before, after 9/11 evtg changed!
c
9 May 2009 07:10
USA is tooooo big than NY!
Sincerely I believe that NY and all kind of cities are not a good starting for new comers.
Here in Texas. Life is heaper and there is a lot of opportunities, I have friends over NY and they had hard time to go forward, in the same time I can confirm you that here its really different.
The economy is so diversified, the life style is really cheap, the weather is perfect, people are friendly. If you wana have an ideal life, Texas is your destination.
I'm gonna give some scenario and judge by yourself:
Not qualified job:
Starting Salary: $8 to $10 per hour
Working hours: 60hr or more per week
Rent: 1 bedroom (bit ou kouzina ou saloone) = $400 per month
Electricity/water/Phone: around $120 per month

Qualified job:
Starting Salary: $12 to $17 per hour
Working hours: 40hr or more per week
Rent: 1 bedroom = $400 per month
2 bedroom $550
Electricity/water/Phone: around $120 per month as well

Sincerely "NYorkaise" there is lot of opportunities here, check out this video: Texas Real Estate over view and I'm working in real estate too, I can confirm these numbers.
Cheers
10 May 2009 00:24
chaïba kadim
USA is tooooo big than NY!
Sincerely I believe that NY and all kind of cities are not a good starting for new comers.
Here in Texas. Life is heaper and there is a lot of opportunities, I have friends over NY and they had hard time to go forward, in the same time I can confirm you that here its really different.
The economy is so diversified, the life style is really cheap, the weather is perfect, people are friendly. If you wana have an ideal life, Texas is your destination.
I'm gonna give some scenario and judge by yourself:
Not qualified job:
Starting Salary: $8 to $10 per hour
Rent: 1 bedroom (bit ou kouzina ou saloone) = $400 per month
Electricity/water/Phone: around $120 per month

Qualified job:
Starting Salary: $12 to $17 per hour
Working hours: 40hr or more per week
Rent: 1 bedroom = $400 per month
2 bedroom $550
Electricity/water/Phone: around $120 per month as well

Sincerely "NYorkaise" there is lot of opportunities here, check out this video: Texas Real Estate over view and I'm working in real estate too, I can confirm these numbers.
Cheers

I trust me brother and I know NYC is very expenssivesmiling smiley
I 'm going to use your scenario for NYC:

Not qualified job:
Starting Salary: $7.50 to $10.OO per hour
Rent: 1 bedroom (bit ou kouzina ou saloone) = $900 per month

Qualified job:
Starting Salary: $18 to $24 per hour
Working hours: 35hr or more per week (OFFICE)
Rent: 1 bedroom= $ 1400 per month
2 bedroom $1600/M

I didn't add electricity/train/food..ect
one of the best thing in NYC, no discrimination like in other statessmiling smiley
c
10 May 2009 01:18
I know, that's hilarious specially if you don't have a good job. In the same time I don't understand why people they insist to go to these big cities!
Let me give more arguments.
Do you know that in this time you can buy a house (3bedroom, 2 bath, living, garage, backyard) in our area as low as 70K you will never find these prices even in Morocco smiling smiley
:: chaïba sawfa ya3oud ::
11 May 2009 03:26
chaïba kadim
I know, that's hilarious specially if you don't have a good job. In the same time I don't understand why people they insist to go to these big cities!
Let me give more arguments.
Do you know that in this time you can buy a house (3bedroom, 2 bath, living, garage, backyard) in our area as low as 70K you will never find these prices even in Morocco smiling smiley

70K, wow! that's nothing!! my brother just bought a house for $650,000.00, it's a ranch house! maybe if it was not the crisis, it may be more expenssiveGrrrr
I know many people who are taking advange of this crisis, but still, it's hard to get a loan from the bank!
h
11 May 2009 04:13
HI Nyorkaise and Chaiba
First of all I think you a lot your dipositio de hear and to answer to my cuestion, youar really kinds.Cjaiba , thanks sapecial for your opinion about my english.

I will try sure, to be there some time and to see how will be going things to me. Spain is very afected and orst by Crisis,

It s very hard to me to let my work and my life here, but I can t resist to discover other places of this world , I know , I will be far of Morocco , and it s very hard to begin, but I believe that life always hides surprises, specially with help of poeple like you Newrkaise and Chaiba, Thanks very muchI i am agree with Chaiba, is better to go to a small cities, life is more easy, and we can bear it, not like big cities like New York for example.
If I go I will do it in a small City.

Thanks my friends
s
12 May 2009 12:03
hello
you know my friend do what you think its best
but let me remind you that living in the usa is no better than spain right now
as you are aware of the economic crisis
and dont be seduced by (the american dream)or the free country...
because the situation there is worse than what it is in europe
i m moroccan british and i can tell you that if you could find a good job in spain
just stick with itZen
good lucksmiling smiley
h
13 May 2009 04:06
Thanks Salma 49 for your answer and your attention.
Yourself said it, agood job, If I would have a good job I would not being thinking about to leave Spain.

economic situation here is very affcted.

Thank you and Salam
s
13 May 2009 10:14
hi mr hamouda
you ve got to look for jobs via the yellow pages as well
i dont know if you ve got one in spain as we do have here in Britain
but just be optimistic and think about the future with bright sight
the US is very expensive to live in
good luck anywaythumbs up

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook