Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Some questions, i need answers please..
m
29 décembre 2005 08:57
Salaam alaikom wa ra7matou Allah wa barakatouh...

My dear brother and sister, I have a few questions..

A friend (he wants to become a muslim in chae Allah) of mine has a sister, there is someone who wants to marry her..
but her brother is afraid that the men will marry later more womans than his sister.. He's question is "Is it possible to arrange something so that the men who wants marry his sister will not marry with more than her?" He is afraid that he will marry 5-6 wifes later, but as i know a men can have 4 wifes.. I told him that, but he said that his sister will suffer if he do..

That was question number one, i have another question..
WHY and WHEN does a girl wear a hidjab?

that was the second question, my third question is..
These persons are not muslims, not yet but soon in chae Allah.. They went to the mosque, they liked to have some information and see how everything goes.. This girl went with her brother, but when she wanted to enter the mosque they asked her so many questions she didn't like.. she is so shy that she couldn't tell.. but she was all over develloped.. she was wearing a hidjab and her clothes as a muslima.. but they keept asking her questions on a rude way.. When someone a men or woman wants to enter the mosque, are there some rules??

Thank you and may Allah bless u in chae Allah..
If u know some islam sites in English please tell me, I apreciate it..

Salaam alaikom wa ra7matou Allah wa barakatouh...
Y
29 décembre 2005 09:53

Salam alikoum,

I am very happy to know that y"our friends wants to become a muslim. Can you say at your friend and his sister Welcome in our religion". I wish that you explain them our religion very well.

Now I am going to explain you when women should wear the veil and I give you a fatwa from an islam site :

It is obligatory for a pubescent Muslim woman to wear Hijab. Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {… and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.} [24:31].
In the same vein, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) ordained wearing Hijab on women as reported in the Sunan of Abu Dawood that 'Ayisha (Radiya Allahu Anha) said: "May Allah have Mercy upon the first women of Muhajireen since when Allah revealed {and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)} , they tore their aprons and covered their faces with them" .

The fatwa :
Question
In which Surah or Ayah has Allah Commanded the headscarf for women?
Fatwa
Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Allah Commands Muslim women to wear Hijab in the following verse: {O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.} [33: 59].
Scholars named this verse the 'verse of Hijab'. The above verse is a clear proof for wearing Hijab. Imam Ibn Katheer said: 'Allah Ordered His Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) to enjoin Muslim women to wear Hijab and to draw their cloaks all over their bodies to be distinguished from the characteristic of the women of pre-Islamic period and also from slave women'.
The Arabic word used in verse is "Jilbab" that means the robe that is worn over a veil.
Know that there are many proofs from the Qur'an, Hadith and from the sayings of Muslim scholars confirming the obligation of Hijab. There are many books written in this subject you may easily find such books in most bookstalls on Islamic issues.
Allah knows best.

site : islamweb.net

I adivce you this islam site [www.islamweb.net]
He is a good site in English.

I am going to look for the answers of your other question.
If you help your friends to become muslim, you will have hasanats. I encourage you to continue in this way. I hope that I have answered at your second question.
Y
29 décembre 2005 10:04
Salam,

I have found a fatwa and I think that she answeres at your first question.

Fatwa No. : 3131
Fatwa Title : Taking a second wife
Fatwa Date : 16 Rabi' Awwal 1423
Question
I am a girl married to a man who before the marriage contract led me to believe that he was not going to marry more than one wife. Since the marriage contract, he may marry again. Now I'm upset. What do you advise me to do?

Fatwa

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

If you have stipulated on your husband before establishing your marriage contract that he should not marry another woman, you may demand that he fulfill that condition putting into effect the saying of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) who said: "From among all the conditions which you have to fulfill, the conditions which legalize for you to have sexual relations (i.e. the marriage contract) have the greatest right to be fulfilled" . [Reported by Imams al-Bukhari and Muslim ].
If you have not stipulated such a condition at the time of marriage then you can demand only that he treat you justly and the other wife has every right to what Allah permitted him. Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {… then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four; …} [4:3].
Allah knows best.

site : [www.islamweb.net]

Y
29 décembre 2005 10:47
muslima7186 a écrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> my third question
> is..
> These persons are not muslims, not yet but soon in
> chae Allah.. They went to the mosque, they liked
> to have some information and see how everything
> goes.. This girl went with her brother, but when
> she wanted to enter the mosque they asked her so
> many questions she didn't like.. she is so shy
> that she couldn't tell.. but she was all over
> develloped.. she was wearing a hidjab and her
> clothes as a muslima.. but they keept asking her
> questions on a rude way.. When someone a men or
> woman wants to enter the mosque, are there some
> rules??
>
> Thank you and may Allah bless u in chae Allah..
> If u know some islam sites in English please tell
> me, I apreciate it..
>
> Salaam alaikom wa ra7matou Allah wa barakatouh...

I give you some advice when you enter the mosque :

When entering the mosque, a person shall take off his shoes or sandals. Entering the mosque shall be done with the right foot first, while one utters blessings to Muhammad and his family. Once inside the mosque, two rak'as shall be performed. A person inside the mosque shall talk softly, not loudly, so that he or she does not disturb people praying.

ATTENDANCE OF WOMEN FOR
CONGRAGATIONAL PRAYER IN THE MOSQUE

It is permissible for women to go out to the mosque to attend daily congregational prayer, on condition that they avoid clothing, ornaments or perfume that will attract attention of the opposite sex or invite turmoil or confusion.

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

“Do not prevent the women from their share in the mosque when they seek your permission.” (Muslim)

This hadith indicates that a married woman should ask the permission of her huband and the unmarried girl should ask the permission of her father or guardian.

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

“Any woman who puts on perfume should not attend Isha (prayer) with us.” (Muslim)

“Any woman who puts on perfume and goes to the mosque for prayers, her prayer will not be accepted until she washes (it off).” (Ibn Majah).

“Do not forbid your women from (attending to congregational prayers in) the mosque, and their homes are better for them.” (Abu Dawud).

This indicates that the prayer of a woman in her house is better for her than her prayer in the mosque.

A Woman’s Dress in Prayer

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

“Allah will not accept the prayer of a woman who is of menstruating age, except with a khimar (a long scarf which covers her hair, neck, and chest.)” (Abu Dawud and others)

This hadith indicates that if a woman has attained puberty, Allah will not accept her prayer unless she covers herself properly. This includes covering her head and neck and wearing a long dress which covers her legs and feet (or wears heavy socks which will cover her feet and legs so that none of her skin can be seen underneath them), in addition to wearing a dress which will cover her whole body. It is permitted for her to expose her face and hands in prayer if there is no male stranger to see her, as there is no proof that she is required to cover those parts in prayer. As for outside of Prayer, all of the woman’s body is ‘awrah, that is, a male stranger should not be able to see any part of her.

site : [www.al-islam.com]

A fatwa :

Details of Fatwa
Title of Fatwa Women Praying in Mosques
Date of Reply 18/Aug/2005
Topic Of Fatwa Congregational Prayer
Question of Fatwa As-Salamu `alaykum, please kindly explain as to which is most preferable for a woman: to pray alone in her house or to follow the congregation in the Mosque.

Name of Mufti Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, Muzammil Siddiqi
Content of Reply
Wa`alykum As-Salaamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, we would like to commend you for showing keenness on knowing the teachings of Islam. We hope our efforts meet your expectations.

There is no any hindrance for women to pray in the Mosques along with men. At the time of the Prophet, women used to perform prayers in the Mosque along with men. Not only that, but they used to attend religious classes and share the events such as the `Eid prayers with men. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, “Do not prevent the she-servants of Allah from Allah's mosques.”

Responding to the question, Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, states the following:

Women used to attend the jama`ah or congregational Prayers and the Friday Prayers in the Prophet's Mosque. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to urge them to stand in the last rows behind men.

At the beginning, men and women used to enter through the same door. When this caused overcrowding on entrances and exits, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him, said: "(It would be better) if this door is left for women." Upon saying so, the men made that door for women, and it became known up until today as "The Women's Door".

Moreover, women, at the time of the Prophet, used to attend the Friday Prayer; they used to perform the Prayer regularly and listen to the khutbah to the extent that one of them could recite Surat Qaf as she heard the Prophet recite it several times in the Friday khutbah. Women also used to attend the `Eid Prayers and participate in that big Islamic festival that included the old and the young, men as well as women, out in the open, all worshipping Allah.

Umm `Attiyyah (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated, "We used to be ordered to come out on the Day of the `Eid and even bring out the virgin girls from their houses and menstruating women so that they might stand behind the men and say takbir along with them and invoke Allah along with them and hope for the blessings of that day and for purification from sins." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

Moreover, women used to attend religious sermons with men at the Prophet's house and they used to inquire about religious matters that many women nowadays would find embarrassing to ask about. For instance, `A'ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) praised the women of Al-Ansar for trying to understand their religion without being held back by bashfulness for they used to ask about such matters as major ritual impurity, wet dream, purificatory bath, menstruation, chronic vaginal discharge, etc.

And when women found that men's questions were taking most of the Prophet's time, they plainly requested the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) to make a special day for women. So the Prophet dedicated a day for them when he used to give them lessons and sermons. (Narrated by Al-Bukhari)

Shedding more light on the issue, Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, president of the Fiqh Council of North America, adds:

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) explicitly told men not to exclude women from going to the Mosque. It is reported that the wife of `Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) used to attend the congregational Prayer in the Mosque at Fajr and `Ishaa' Prayers. It was said to her, "Why do you leave home, you know that `Umar does not like that and he feels ashamed (that you leave home at that time)?" She said, "So what prevents him from stopping Me?" The person said, "It is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) 'Do not prevent the she-servants of Allah from Allah's Mosques.'" (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

It is not obligatory for women to attend the jama`ah or congregational Prayers at the Mosque, because they have other obligations as regards their home and children. However, if they have time and feel safe to attend the Mosque, in proper Islamic dress, then they should not be stopped.

We should rather make our Mosques in such a way that men and women both have equal chance to pray there observing the rules of Prayers.

Some people, in voicing objection against women going to the Mosque, rely on what `A'ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said in this regard. She is quoted to have said, sometime after the Prophet’s death: "If the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) would have seen what the women do now, he would have stopped them from coming to Mosques."

But the great scholar of Hadith Ibn Hajar states: "This statement does not say very clearly that `A'ishah gave the Fatwa that women are forbidden to come to Mosques." (Fath Al-Bari, p. 928).

It is not known that any Companion of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) or a prominent jurist forbade women from attending the prayers in the Mosque. The custom of preventing women from attending the Mosques started later in times. This unfortunately has negative impact on many of our sisters, drawing them backward and making them ignorant of their faith.

Women in the West go everywhere. They are in the markets, in malls, in restaurants, and in offices. It is ironic that some men allow them to go to all the places of temptation, but they want to stop them from coming to the places where they can pray to their Lord and learn about their faith.

site : [www.islamonline.net]

m
29 décembre 2005 23:52
Salaam alaikom wa rahmatou allah wa barakatouh!!

Baraka allaho fik Yasmine3!! U really helped us so much with ur information!!!

I have other questions is it possible to answer them too, please?

- in Islam it it supposed to be bad if a girl is going through her periods? is it something bad ? and why not may she not touch the quraan and pray?

- the local mosque here tells me that to be a Moslim I must go through an operation-is it true? If so, why?

- also one of my Iranian friends told me that Islam also allows a temporaray marraige-is it true?

- Is it possible for a girl to observe ramadan?

- sister in your case if your dad or brother wakes yu up early morning and you have periods how do you tell them? or do you tell all family membars in advance?

- what happend if yu really want to pray but yu ahve periods?

And i had many more questions, but i found the answer here in books, internet and my parents etc. The problem is, i am afraid to explains something to him in English, and he will understand me wrong.. i can explain it in my own words, but just in case to be sure it is right i ask it here to know ideas from others..

Djazakoum Allaho kheyran in chae allah..

Salaam alaikom wa rahmatou Allah wa barakatouh..
a
30 décembre 2005 01:12
salam

here is a nice forum where you can ask all the questions you want. it s in english:

[www.islamicboard.com]
quand le sage designe la lune, l'idiot regarde le doigt (lue sur le forum)
L
30 décembre 2005 01:23
Wa alaykoum asalam Muslima,

In Islam, temporary mariage is forbiden. The chiite do this but not the sunites. So what your friend told you is not true.

I don't understand very well when you talk about womens periods...sorry i'm not very at ease in english..i'm a novice student.
But i can tell you that when a women has her periods, she can't:
Read the Qour'an
Touch it
Pray
Fast
Stay in a Mosque
Have intecourses with her husband...

My father don't wake me up but my mother do, so it's easy for me to tell her why i can't pray...but if it was my father who would do it, i think that i will explain simply that i can't and he will understand...

Even if you want really to pray, you can't because it's not allowed for the women who has her periods to do it. So if the woman who have periods prays, she does a sin.

When you speak about "operation", do you mean surgery? if yes, i can tell you that it's not true! to be a muslim there is no need to undergo an operation. The muslim is the one who believes in God and His Mesenger. And to be a pious, we have to do all duties and avoid all sins. I never heard that we have to go through an operation to be muslim.

And what means "observe Ramadan"? i don't understand the maining of this sentence.

Barakallahoufiki sister. I hope you will understand what i have written! lol smiling smiley

Modifié 1 fois. Dernière modification le 30/12/05 01:29 par Linda159.
m
30 décembre 2005 09:15
Salaam alaikom Linda159!

Thank you, this information is all for a friend of mine and his sister and brother.. they want to become muslims, in chae Allah..

I copied his questions and paste them here in the forum, about operation it's for a men..

Thank you Lindia 159 and Amine69 for the information, baraka Allaho fikoum..

Salaam alaikom,
muslima
m
3 janvier 2006 15:27
Salaam alaikom my brothers and sisters!

Baraka Allaho fikoum! This friend that i told u about is ready to say the chahada and become a muslim.. He is convinced el hemdo li Allah.. Can somebody pls tell me what are the first steps to do, i know say the chahada "achHado ana la illaha illa Allah wa achHado ana Mohammed rasol Allah" (SAW)
Does he need to say that in Arabic or English or is that not important? And after he said the chahada he needs to learn how to pray, does he need to learn that in Arabic? And do u know some website where he can learn how to pray? (pls with pictures, audio or video?) Are those the first steps? And what are the next steps?

Fi amaan Allah..

muslima

p.s.: Amine69, baraka Allaho fik the site u told me is great!! It helped me very much!!! Thanks again!
Y
3 janvier 2006 19:48
Salamalikoum,

Firs, I answser you how you become a muslim :

The act of becoming a Muslim could not be simpler.

An individual needs to make the declaration, known as al-shahaadatain.

Arabic is the language of the Holy Quran, and you will see below that the declaration has been written in Arabic transliteration to make it easy for you to follow. The English translation is provided in the brackets.

The declaration is in two parts:

Ash-hadu alla ilaaha illallah
(I bear witness and attest that there is no god worthy of worship but the One God Allah (swt))

Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammad-ar-rasool ullaah
(I bear witness and attest that Muhammad (saaw) is the messenger of Allah (swt))

An individual who finds belief in Islam within his heart can become a Muslim by pronouncing the above declaration. Alhumdalillah.

Having made the declaration it is recommended that the individual takes a shower to purify the physical body now that he/she is spiritually cleansed.

What are the requirements of a Non-Muslim who wishes to convert?
Every person is born a Muslim because we are all created by God. Therefore, a preferred term would be reversion rather than conversion. A non-Muslim becomes a Muslim when he believes in his heart : "There is no God but Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His Messenger" Hence, belief in the Unity and Oneness of God and that Muhammad is his Messenger makes one a Muslim at heart. Recommended steps:

Officially convert by pronouncing the shahadah (pledge of conviction of faith) in Arabic thus: "Ash HaduAllaa Ilaaha Il-lallaah Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadar Rasullulah" which means "I bear Witness that there is no deity but Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad if His Messenger". The pledge is to be taken in front of at least two adult Muslim witnesses.
It is recommended that he/she take a Muslim name
It is recommended that he/she take up a basic course on Islam (if he/she hasn't already) and keep the company of other Muslims
Is it compulsory for a Non-Muslim man to be circumcised upon conversion?
A boy who has not attained puberty must be circumcised when his family converts to Islam. Circumcision is optional for a man above the age of puberty. But he who opts not to be circumcised should regularly clean the area underneath the foreskin of his penis because, in Islam, cleanliness of the body is obligatory for performing prayers.

Why is adopting a Muslim name so important upon conversion?
Two important reasons are given below, but otherwise, adopting a Muslim name is not necessary.

For the sake of identification as a Muslim
When a Muslim wants to enter Makkah and Madinah to perform Hajj or Umrah, he has to produce documents to show that he is a Muslim as Non-Muslims are not allowed to enter these cities.
Can reverts retain their previous names?
Yes he/she certainly can do so. Here are examples of names of people who have converted:

Hassan Guy Eaton previously known as Guy Eaton, Ruke Aldeen Smith, Aisha Gouverneur, Abdel Rashid Skinner, Ahmed Holt, Murad Aldeen, Ibrahim Hewitt, Ahmad Bullock, Ahmed Thomson, Jodi Anway, Mohammadzadeh, Susan Elsayyad, Jamilah Kolocotronis Jitmoud

How Long Does it Take for a Convert to be a full-fledged Muslim?
A person becomes a Muslim upon pronouncing the shahadah in front of two adult Muslim witnesses. A Muslim has to do the daily prayers, fast in Ramadan and apply the teachings of Islam in his daily life. But if a revert is unable to do all the prayers immediately after his conversion, he should try to do those he could. However, he should aim to be a practicing Muslim as soon as possible in order not to miss out in the race to accumulate blessings.

site [www.themodernreligion.com]

I will answer you inchallah how you performe the prayer.
Y
3 janvier 2006 21:24
Salam,

You will find this sites and I hope that they will help you :

I want to explain you because they don't say it. Before you begin the ablution you must go to the WC and wash with water your intimate parts three times and then you begin with the video :
It will learn you how you must do the ablution before performing the prayer (it's a video):
[www.islamweb.net]
If you don't understand, you can go to the mosque and see how the people do their ablution or ask questions to the imam

it will learn you how to pray :
[www.convertstoislam.org]
[muslim-canada.org]

God inchallah help you

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Facebook