Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Muslim aerea in London
j
26 February 2007 20:59
In two days I move in London and want to know muslim area, halal shopping . meet muslim brothers......
P
27 February 2007 15:21
There are a couple of moroccacn butchers and shops near the station "Ladbroke grove" in west London. Edgawre road has some middle eastern amneties.

London is a wonderful place to meet other people and discover new cultures, why don't try to do just that instead of sticking to muslims only?
M
27 February 2007 15:47
Hi,

Halal food is not difficult to find. There is a big Asian muslim community in London and nearly in every borough you find a muslim butchery. Even supermarkets started to have their own halal section of meat so you shoudln't worry much about food.

As for meeting other muslims, there aren't specific muslim areas per se, but there are islamic centres, mosques and muslim shops where you can meet people. But i also agree with Passerby on the fact that you should give yourself a chance to meet other people from other backgrounds, communities. If you are visiting or settling in a new place for the first time, you can never fully integrate unless you mix with it's people. I understand your need to meet people from a similar background initially for guidance and advise but once you feel able to cope on your own, try to move away from the ghettos culture and give yourself a chance to know other cultures. London is a beautiful city and worth exploring. Good luck
j
27 February 2007 20:07
Thanks Minniemouse and Passerby,

Now, you've understood all, I'm open mind and meet another cultures, I'm the only muslim one in my small village here in Belgium, we knew each other in our (Belgian Douar)

From time to time I drive to Brussel or Düsseldorf (Germany) in order to go to the mosque and talk arabicsmiling smiley

First thing I'll need in london advices and Guidance as you said Minniemouse

Thanks

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook