Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Moving to Netherlands
S
4 September 2005 01:46
Hi yall.. well me & my husband r moving from US to Netherlands and I need your feedback on this country? Housing, Social life, Safety, how expenssive life is over there? how is the Moroccan community?????
Thanks all of you in advancesmiling smiley
f
4 September 2005 02:44
where will you move to holland,holland is a country with a large moroccan community..near the 400.000 ,94% of the moroccans are from the rif area..

S
4 September 2005 21:36
we don't know yet but probably in Rotterdam or Amsterdam
Thank you smiling smiley
f
4 September 2005 22:45
wejow to rotterdam,oh my god you are crazy..the getto of holland...i think the best is to stay in the usa..about one year you will hate holland,.like 70% of the moroccans
S
5 September 2005 18:08
Hi Fossil, In what sense are we going to dislike Holland after one year? are you currently living in Holland?
Thankssmiling smiley
m
6 September 2005 08:52
Dear Sunny
I would not take seriously some of the messages. Some moroccans are enjoying their stay in Holland and some not. It depends on who you are and what are you doing in Holland. So I wish you all the best and good luck in meeting good people.
Take care
Krim
S
6 September 2005 21:10
Thank you Dear Krim, but I just wanted to get an idea about Netherlands since neither myself nor my husband have ever been there so, I was trying to have a broad idea about this country or some leeds where I can get some more infor about the general life: Education, Social life, economy, etc....
Thank you!!!
s
9 September 2005 17:52
Hello Sunny,

I am from the Netherlands. I don not know where fossils gets his/hers information about the 70 per cent.I love Holland!!! You can check this web site for general information.www.minbuza.nl
Like all minotorities in any other countries, we have our issues. But for me it is a lot better then France (I am living in France right now). The dicrimination of arab people in France is suprisingly high on the job market.
I cannot tell you much about the life in bigger cities like Rotterdam and Amsterdam. I have only visited these cities as a "tourist". I was born in a small city in the South of Netherlands near Eindhoven. You are very lucky that you can speak English, because that is the big plus of dutch people here, almost everybody speaks or understands English and German. I cannot say that about the French people, there are little people here I can speak English with.

S
10 September 2005 06:32
Thank you Dear Saatje,I really appreciate your inputs about netherlands, actually you made me feel better since all what I was hearing about this country is just Cold stuff!!! but I will check the site you provided also is it possible to contact you privatly?
Thank yousmiling smiley
c
10 September 2005 17:22
Hello Sunny,

Not to be too indiscret, but why are you moving to Holland? Is it for a job or just to try something new? But anyway Holland is a beautifull country. And people are very openminded and tollerant. I also hear that some people complain about Holland. May be they don´t appreciate the deutch style of life, but that is another issue. I live in Denmark, and I´ve been in Holland so many times. I love it. You can buy moroccan food everywhere. The vast majority of people in Holland, including minorities, live in harmony. Another advantage is that it´s not far away from other countries. Once you are in Holland, you can go for a long weekend to scandinavia, England, Italy or even Morocco. Cause everything is so closed to Holland, and there are good connections to other destinations.

cali
Usually, terrible things that are done with the excuse that progress requires them are not really progress at all, but just terrible things. Russell Baker
c
10 September 2005 19:18
eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2005 07:21 by cali.
f
10 September 2005 22:56
As an english speaker and as morrocan you won´t be deceived in the Netherlands.
There is a lot to do and easy to integrate and make friends if you are ready for that.

One should mention that in Amsterdam , Rotterdam and another major city named Utrecht the marrocan community is a large one, with its issues as indicated above...

Actually , I guess 5 % of our community is giving a quite bad reputation to the the rest of us and is making life sometimes hard for us.

But we have actors,,, comedians, writers etc.

NL is a bit like scandinavian countries and is far from mediterranean countries..

Are you coming here for work ?? which type of business or specialities do you have ?? do you have kids ??
I am not curious !! but I might give other advices ..But up to you to decide..
f
10 September 2005 23:00
I have said "But we have actors,,, comedians, writers etc. "

I mean in the top level , national (Dutch) level...

Alhamdulillah
S
11 September 2005 17:25
Thank you guys for your feedback and to answer your questions: Cali & Fathi yes we are moving through our Job and its in supply chain logistics/International Business. We do not have kids yet but in the way Inshalahsmiling smiley
God Bless Yall!!!
c
12 September 2005 15:01
I hope you´ll really enjoy your stay in Holland, which I´m sure you will. There is only one problem. The weather in Holland is not like San Fransisco:p

cali
s
12 September 2005 16:37
Sunny a écrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you Dear Saatje,I really appreciate your
> inputs about netherlands, actually you made me
> feel better since all what I was hearing about
> this country is just Cold stuff!!! but I will
> check the site you provided also is it possible to
> contact you privatly?
> Thank you

You are welcome Sunny I have sent you a pm with my e-mail adress. I think those who have reacted like that do not even know this country.
S
12 September 2005 18:44
Hi saatje, I received a private message but no message or email address??
s
13 September 2005 13:48
hello Sunny,

that is strange,but I have sent you a new message I think i did something wrong last time. I hope you will receive it this time.

or if you havn't received, maybe you can send me a pm and I will respond to it.

Doei (that's bye in Dutch)
S
13 September 2005 18:47
Thanks saatje, I rcvd it this time
Doeismiling smiley
m
21 October 2005 11:44
Hallo (hello in dutch!) Sunny!

I live in the Netherlands, and it's not as what they say!! It's a very nice country!! The people are open, they have many tulips :p and cheeeese hehehe..
In the province of Noord-Holland (Amsterdam) you’ll find everything you imagined Holland to be. Experience the classical Holland with the true Dutch landscape of windmills, dikes, flowers and green pastures inhabited by the famous black and white cows!! grinning smiley Evidence of why Holland’s delicious cheeses come in hundreds of varieties! In the cheese town Alkmaar!! We have every friday a cheese Market tongue sticking out smiley

and by the way, in Amsterdam u have some places where u will think that ur in Morocco, haha.. it's nice, because u see womans in djellaba's and many moroccans.. i feel home there, but i don't live there.. many people and i don't like the houses there.. they r different, but it's my shop city!! i always shop there, u can find everything there!! They don't look to Moroccan's like in other cities bcuz they r used to them.. but like the city where i live it's different.. they always think "ur different" not everywhere!!! and i have to say not everybody!! I'm very positive about it here! smiling smiley

But if u want more information i can tell u more!! About integrating, economy, education, work, etc. etc.

May Allah help u and ur husband with ur choise in chae Allah..

Doei / Doeg (g= read as kh) (both bye!)
Muslima
S
21 October 2005 23:12
Thank you very much Muslima,we are looking forward to move, I just sent you a private message.
S
21 October 2005 23:13
Thank you very much Muslima,we are looking forward to move, I wanted to send you a private message but your email is hidden.
m
22 October 2005 21:12
Hi Sunny!

I will send u my mail by a private message!

Take care,
muslima

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook