Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Morocco has the first world Identity card
a
29 May 2010 08:53
I have changed my ID in 2004 and the passport (never used it, they never told me we are allowed only one passport or it will cost £500 to remove the restriction from it), to renew either, I had to take time off work, go down to London stay over night to insure arriving at the embassy early enough they are only open for a very short time. I have to admit it was fast service and l had to spend most of the morning there it didn’t cost a lot except the stamps and new photos passport was £62.
Now they have introduced this new card the old one is obsolete even if it hasn’t expired they are talking about fines too if one fails to renew it.
Even if it is the first new ID card in the world, I am reluctant in changing mine what do you think? As for the passport I will never replace it.
Regards
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
w
29 May 2010 17:40
why are you reluctant to change your old ID card ? i have changed mine nearly a year and half now , the old ones won t be acceptable anymore
Morocco like all countries had to introduce the biometric ID and passport to fight against terrorism , and stolen identities
the biometric ID s are now not just in first world countries , they exist in countries like Egypt , Tunisia, South Africa and a lot of african countries .

i don t understand what do you mean by your sentence: they never told me we are only allowed one passport or it will cost £500 to remove the restriction from it ?????????????????

perplexeare you talking about the moroccan passport ? and the £500 is it the fee for visa transfer ??????????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2010 05:44 by whatp.
a
6 June 2010 19:20
Thanks for your reply, I am not against the principle of changing the card but for me it is a lot of hassle as I don’t live in London anymore, our embassy doesn’t accept dealing with us by post, I have to take time off work to go to see therm, they only open for a few hours in the morning which means an over night stay in London and has to be close enough location, a birth certificate means a trip to Morocco (am going there but on holiday I don’t fancy visiting Mok2ata3a in casa too many bad memories lol) all my closest relatives are in UK and furthermore my ID card hasn’t expired yet it seems pointless they only need it for the “casier judisiere”!!! am I wrong?

Yes it is about the Moroccan passport, the British one is no trouble at all.

Regards
w
6 June 2010 20:25
the new ID card has : 7ala madania number , once all moroccans have this new ID they are planing to stop asking for birth certificat etc , the ID will have all the info it s a step forward to simplify things and reduce burocracy
hope they axe requesting birth certicate soon because it is pointless and unnecessary since the birth date is on the passport and ID .
a
8 September 2010 00:34
I have taken your advice and went to se them. Hope I will get it back before 3eed al kabir as I am hoping to spend it back home. It would be nice to take it with me. This of course would require another trip to London but as you said it’s worth it; at least for seen the staff.
They have improved the service a lot, the staff smile more often now.
Thank you all
E
3 October 2010 13:08
advice please
when you arrive at customs in casa airport and you present your british passport.
isn't enough.??
you are british? aren't you?
so what's this all about?please explain???
cheerz
a
5 October 2010 10:24
Got the ID after 20 days all fine.

sss: Am both Moroccan and British hence I must present my ID at the customs so that to retrieve my History

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook