Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Moroccan Londoners
a
15 February 2009 13:50
Hi mishmash!

I am genuinly worried about you but inchallah I'll try to give you as much encouragement as posssible so as not to get so depressed.
I am not a doctor but I can assure you depression is a very bad illness. I know I've been there. The one important factor of getting out of this is to be a doctor for yourself. Please do not go to the doctor and keep demanding tablets. This will not help. It will just ruin your system and create dependency on tablets wich will create other illnesses.
I pray that you have a very understanding husband and you are not worried about lodging or food. The other thing is that now that you are expecting, you have to be strong for your baby. So therefore, it is important that you eat well, go for walks, get your husband to take you out to the countryside or to the sea front. There are some lovely places you can visit outside Manchester.
There is Tatton Park, Chester, York, Lake District etc. As for the walks in the countryside, there is the Peak District, Yorkshire Moors, Macclesfield Forest to name few.
Please keep yourself busy and try to do diffrent things each day.
As for work, at the moment, you must admit you are not in a working state. Later on Inchallah, when you have had the baby, my suggestion is to see which kind of job you would like. Then get in touch with the collge that does the subject and I am sure they will also have creche and take it from there. Please keep in touch and may Allah Bless you.
s
15 February 2009 23:46
oui, l khadma ghadi tkhadmo bjoj w tla3 likoum al khadma ffrass... ghir l wa7ad yabda bach ma kan.. bach yzid y wallaf. sister mishmash wa la brother ahmed(Suri) ma dowzto mazal walou f had lablad.. mazal ttri9 twila... ghir dima ss3iba l khadma mnin chi wa7ad yallah kay ji... ana b9it 3am kollo bla khadma.. 7ta bdit avec " plan personnel" kay khalsso dakchi 3yan, wa lakin 7ssan mn blach... o dima 9albo 3la had les agence de traveil sur internet et Metro paper, Loot paper( www.loot.com ). rah dima mojod may ddar khass ghi t9albo mazyan o ma t3yawch b ta9lab.

Rafiq
C
20 February 2009 22:25
Hi Minniemouse,

I am not yet in London but I am planning on coming end of March for few days!

I am moroccan, living in France and I'd like to move to the UK or the US (not sure yet), London is really a nice city for shopping but I have no idea about how life is there except that it's expensive?

Maybe I'll come this summer, find a place where to stay, a job and move there but I'd like to know more about everyday's life, see how people are there, if it's easy to make friend and get to know people as I will come alone and I don't know anybody in London...?

Any info is welcome!

Minniemouse
Hi everyone,

Are there any moroccans from London here?

If so, would love to know them. Thanks smiling smiley

Minnie
s
24 February 2009 13:40
assalamu3alaykum every moroccan Londoner,

Did any of you took a ferry from portsmouth to Bilbao. I am trying to reduce the driving distance this year by half...I thought to take either a ferry from portsmouth to spain or take it from sete(france) to tangier... I heared this last one is not as good as the portsmouth one.

suggest any advices please!

Thanks
m
27 February 2009 13:37
salaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam all

gotta thank amazigh and whoever read amd commented on my story.iv been a bit sicky bec of the pregnancy

but hopefully they say u get better after in the second semester .anyway ,tnaks for ur advice all of u
guys ,i really appreciate it.am kind o f bit weak in French ,any one knows any good websites for that .wanna better myself as am waiting for the bab s arrival inchaallah.

salllllllllllllllllam
M
5 March 2009 02:26
Hello

I'm moroccan woman from Paris and I come to london on middle march 2009 as well for few months in order to take business english courses.
I know nobody there, and why not stay if I find a job, it would be a new experience. I wish be in touch with moroccans from london.

Thanks
a
6 March 2009 12:30
Hi MARUECCA

Welcome to London ,we have a nice banch of people here who will all welcome you with open arms ...
Where about in London will you be based ?
M
6 March 2009 15:02
Hi Atlasmagic

Thanks a lot,I would be based in south london (Craydon) and finally, lessons start on april, so I'd come on april inch allah. and you where are you based?
a
6 March 2009 18:16
Me in West London keep us updated on how you doing in London...
C
21 March 2009 21:04
Salam,

I'll be in London in few weeks and I wonder if you could recommend me a hotel (cheap but clean one), in the city?
Last time I came, I stayed in a hotel near the aiport, it was cheap but too far from the city!

Thanks in advance...
a
22 March 2009 01:59
Salam

Try [www.hydepark.parkinn.co.uk] very central & you should save time & money ...
C
22 March 2009 11:51
Thank you, the hotel looks good

Unfortunately, no room is available the weekend I expect to be there but I'll try it next time. Is there another hotel you recommend?
a
24 March 2009 13:30
Oups ! week end tend to be busy + with the pounds going down London becomes very affordable so you have more people flocking to it ....

Try this [www.queenswayhotel.co.uk]
this site too [www.easy-london-hotels.com]
C
24 March 2009 21:55
Thanks so much atlasmagic, I'll try them!

The currency going down is a good point for us, for hotels and especially for shopping which is the reason why I am going there.
a
30 March 2009 22:58
Salam mishmash!
Are you ok girl? How is babs doing? I have just come back from blad so I do not know how you all are. Please write soon and keep me updated.
Take care mishmash and tell us the good news when it happens. Keep happy and hold your head high. Don't forget you are Moroccan and proud. Courage girl! May Allah bless you. Amazigh
m
28 April 2009 22:03
salam amazigh

I really thank you to think about me.that `s so sweet of you as I respect you so much reading ur

comments here and there .am doing Allright just being hospital for two nights bec of an infection but

the baby is doing well Hamdullah .I forget about the issues i have when I think of Allahs blessings

of being a mom very soon.i miss Morocco so much as iv been there just six monthes ago attending my

sisters wedding ,but it feels like ages man.hope everything is allright with you and your family ,wife

children.God bless you
a
29 April 2009 14:46
Salam Mishmash!

I am very pleased to hear from you. I am glad you are doing alright and I am sorry about you having to go to the hospital. In you state, the hospital have to take extra precautions and they have to make sure you are all clear before they release you.

Anyway I am glad you are alright and waiting for the big day. As for Morocco, I am just like you, I miss a lot and sometimes circumstances do not allow us to fly when we wish. In your case, the best is to wait for the happy event and then go to Blad. It is best to wait till you and the baby are all clear healthwise and then go to see mum and dad.

Please keep in touch as I have your intrest at heart. You are my sister in Islam and Al-watan and I care for my people.

May Allah Bless you and give you the strength to go forward. Remember, the secret is your faith in Allah and your parents blessing.

Amazigh
f
29 April 2009 15:18
60 pounds a week? confused smiley 15 minutes by tube? In love

Better ask him to send you a photo mate. You wouldn't find that kind of rate even in little Malta smiling smiley

Good luck anyway.smiling smiley
M
14 December 2012 19:46
salamo alaykom everybody.

My name is Mustapha I come originally from Ouarzazate , I moved to london in June this year . I live in East London in Woolwich. I have been looking for a job for over six months and it turns out to be very hard to find a job here if you do not have any experience in London/England market. I would greatly appreciate any advice from anybody where I could find a job just to start and gain some experience. I have experience in travel industry, I studies Economics in Morocco and I speak fluent French and English. I am waiting to get my residence card from UK Border Agency.

God bless you all,
l
16 December 2012 20:53
hi
l am from belgium and l would like to come in london but it s very expensive to rent, you are not there long time but can you help me to find a room chip just for 3 month l just want to approve my english
thanks
H
29 January 2013 02:54
Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well!

Mustapha - Ibn Ouarzazate! Welcome to the UK! It's a tough here at the moment, jobs are scarce, but inshallah, you will get something soon. Btw, my name's Hicham from Marrakech - and I don't live that far from you! So if you ever want to chat, let me know.

Salam alaykom!
Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook