Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
feedback on the bmce bank in london, please!
k
25 April 2008 20:23
hi guys,

i'm tempted to open an account with the bmce bank in london, but would like to know what they're like first: if you've got an account with them, can you please tell me what you think of their services in general? how easy are they to deal with?

thanks a lot
a
25 April 2008 23:20
hello everybody,
i have will ask my friend who is experemented in such things and i will provide you with an answer sooner.
good luck
yours agntif76
a
2 May 2008 16:17
agntif76
ClapClap
This fanacial year please.winking smiley

I nevr new BMCE had a bank in London where are they?
M
2 May 2008 16:22
Neither have I!

The only one i know is Attijari
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
a
2 May 2008 17:09
I know thet are in London as i met their representatif in the Moroccan Property show but i do not know where they based yet
If you bear with me i will find out & let you know but i 'am away for a week ,sorry
c
2 May 2008 17:16
Hi fellows,

there it is :

26 UPPER BROOK STREET LONDON W1Y 1PD Tél: (004420) 75 18 82 52
k
6 May 2008 19:33
hi guys,

i've actually taken the dreaded step and opened my account today. it's a small office just off park lane; there are only 2 guys working there, both seemed to be really nice and helpful. time will tell.
a
7 May 2008 10:17
Good news for you did you ask these question if so would you please tell me;
What yearly charges do they have for normal saving account?
Is your money accessible both ends Here and in Morocco?
M
7 May 2008 15:25
Hi, I'm also just back from Attijari Wafabank where I opened a new account. The director was a nice chap and it didn't take long to complete the procedure. Adds, they have a really good and straight forward way of transferring money. Basically you open the account with an agency of your choice in Morocco (the closest to your address in Morocco) and get an account number then you go to Barcley bank (they have a deal with them) and deposit your money, this is free of charge. Then your money gets transfered to your Attijari branch in Morocco within 24h. I thought this is fabulous!!

To send money to someone in Morocco it's easy. You deposit your money via barclays and then you have 3 ways. You give the name and ID card number of the person receiving the money to your attijari branch and this person goes there and confirm the informations and withdraw the money within 24 hours. This costs around £5, or if that person also has attijari account then you make the transfer to their account and you only get charged 70 pence for this. The third way is to give to this person a top-up card to withdraw money every time you put some.
R
7 May 2008 16:16
Hiya Guysspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Thanks for the infos
In love
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
a
7 May 2008 16:21
Hi minnieI have already got a wafabank account and Barklays but BMCE always have better rate of exchange. I don't know why they don't have one rate uniformallyl across the banks one has to shop around the sameway one does for potatoes back home.
c
7 May 2008 16:46
Hi Adds,

Moroccan banks are pretty much the same, what they give in Xchange rates they make up in miscellaneous fees. The only tiny difference is the range of their network, BMCE seems to have an advantage overseas because of their presence almost everywhere, but that only matters for corporate accounts.
k
7 May 2008 18:47
to transfer money to your bmce account you need to register with a limited company ( they're brokers who find you the best exchange rate, in exchange for no fee from you; i dont really understand how they make their money but never mind). you would have to pay them the amount that you wish to transfer by debit card, and they would put the money in dirhams into your account for you.bmce offers 2 types of account: 1 for those who've got an income in morocco, say, from letting their property, and 1 for people with no income in morocco ( like me!). with this last option, you can withdraw your money anywhere in the world, as there is a visa electron international card as part of the package. however, and that's where i think that there's some big room for improvement, you can't actually pay any money in your account from morocco (so if you were there on holiday, finding yourself with some spare change at the end of your holiday, you couldn't actually put it back into your account). i hope this helps!
a
8 May 2008 11:20
thank you both for the info. With my wafabank account I can put money into it from anywhere but can take it out only in Morocco. I have no credit card or cheque book only a membership card.they only charge me for stamps,but in the last statment I noticed some charges that will require me travelling to London office just for curiosity.
M
8 May 2008 11:24
Hi adds, what stamps do they charge you for??
a
8 May 2008 15:21
My branch is in Casablanca, they only charge me 2, 50 MDH
Enjoying this gorgeous weather out side from the window is making me %^&&* angry.

Regards
M
9 May 2008 13:33
2, 50 MDH for what?? sorry i'm confused!

Did you say nice weather?? where about are you? it was sunny this morning but now it looks like it's going to pour down in a minute! bloody English weather.
a
12 May 2008 12:21
Hi there

The weather is WOW!!!!
The 2.50MDH is for a stamp when they send me a bank statement they always take it out but recently they helped them selves to slightly more. Other banks they charge about 50DH a year.
Enjoy the week is gonna really hot in London too.
M
13 August 2008 16:37
Hi everyone, hope you're all ok!

Sorry to dwell on this subject again but i am so confused and disappointed with Attijari bank! basically after i opened my account in London, I was told the procedure to transfer money is a no brainer and all the receiving person has to do is to open an account with Attijari in Morocco so they can get the money within 24 hours free of charge! well, it turned out that you can't open an account in Morocco unless you deposit 2000 dhs minimum!!! this is madness really as no other bank requests such a huge amount of money! have you guys had this problem?

i am thinking now of switching to BMCE but wanted to know if anyone here has sent money via their account in the UK and if all went ok...
a
14 August 2008 14:08
Hi Minniemouse

Is it 2000 dhs or 20.000 dhs ? where didi you try to open this account ? did you contact chami ? he is in Morocco until the end of the summer holidays .
a
14 August 2008 16:15
Minnie has been keeping a low profile these days hope hse is ok where ever she is.smoking smiley
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
14 August 2008 19:43
Now, my question to you all is the other way around, If you open an account with a Moroccan Bank abroad (like in london, or France..), and you want to open a business in Morocco, or invest in Morocco, can you deposit your money in Morocco, and access that money overseas to reinvest it overseas or wherever you want?. That would be the only real advantage that opening an account with a Moroccan bank overseas would give.eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 07:44 by racines.
a
14 August 2008 20:29
racines,

To my knowledge a standards bank account wont allow you to take money out & will think that taking hard currency from the country is not that easy legally .
l
18 August 2008 15:53
this is good to know can you please give me there email address or phone number so that i can get some informations from them.
thanks
y
21 August 2008 21:06
hi khadija,
do you live in london
l
21 August 2008 21:11
no i live in wakefield it`s in west yorkshire
y
21 August 2008 21:15
fuking hell waht is it like there,
l
21 August 2008 21:36
if you know setat in morocco this is what is like, i hate
k
29 August 2008 23:53
hi
just to let you all know: bmce charges 5.50dhs for evey letter that they send you, so every time you receive a statement from them ( and that's a compulsory service, you can't desactivate it), it costs you 5.50dhs. not a great deal, you might think, but over some time, it adds up to quite a big amount, and it's all the more unnecessary as you can check your account online ( you've guessed it: you also pay for that, something like 15dhs / month!). last but not least: when you send money to your account, they charge you 50dhs on it ( flat rate)+ tva ( vat!!!!). on top of that, when i opened my account here in london, i had signed up for a bank card that should've been ready for me to pick up there, but guess what: no such thing! and something tells me that they've got more in store for me...... all in all: wouldn't recommend!
k
30 August 2008 12:58
hi,

personally i don't recommend moroccan banks,many thing to pay,when they send you a letter,when you do some transactions,...always,it's not a good dealAre you crazy

i have my account in a french bank(i'm from France) and when i go to Morocco(not every year!) i take some money with me and with my visa(or master card) i do what i wantsmiling smiley
with the bmce bank=(5.5+15)*12 + 2*50dh=346dh=34€!
you can have all of these services for free with you own bank for free and you don't have to manage an other "account"

welcome to morocco,give us your money and leave us grinning smiley
Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook