Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Driven To Despair (morocco)
s
sbs
18 March 2007 19:48
watch on BBC WORLD sunday 18-03 09.30 pm UK time (22.30 FRANCE time)

a docu about the situation in morocco
c
18 March 2007 23:15
Hi Sbs,

I saw it, it covered the first attack in 2003. I picked up a comment from Mr Tozy the sociologist when he said that the monarchy was sending mixed messages. I think he was right, it's confusing to me as well. The recent shut down of the newspaper Nichane was a severe blow in my opinion. The authorities made a tactical move that may have worked in the short term by snatching the initiative from the islamists but, in the long run, it simply legitimized their bigoted views in the eyes of the moroccan public.

All and all the documentary was accurate but depressing from over here. It might seem cynical but when it comes to the islamists, H2's ruthlessness was the right medecine for these psychos.
m
19 March 2007 16:41
Dear Chelhman
Chah versus Khomeini
FLN versus FIS
etc
So I am asking the the well known question:

which came first the chiken or the egg ?
c
19 March 2007 16:48
Hi Krim,

I've heard that question before but in my opinion nothing justifies that kind of savagery. Moreover, where are the latinos suicide bombers ? They've had it as hard as any citizen of a muslim country, so by that reasoning they should be blowing themselves up from Mexico to Argentina.
Theocraties are not the answer, they're just another form of dictatorship as far as I'm concerned.
Who's up for moving to Iran ? I've heard their religious police is very polite when they arrest you for doing things that are natural to us over here...smiling smiley
m
19 March 2007 22:40
The lack of freedom of thougth, of speech... give birth to these idiots. That´s what I mean dear Chehman.

The Qur'an deals with legal and social issues at a secondary level and only to the extent necessary to give some guide lines to pursue the higher principles, purposes and policies of divine revelation, called "Maqasid al-Shari'ah," such as protection of human life, human reason, offspring, right to property and freedom of speech. Any interpretation or approach to those Qur'anic verses that disregard the divine wisdom and the ultimate divine goals exist behind those legal rules would automatically become a superficial, rigid and unrealistic interpretation and would fail to serve the progress and prosperity of human being.

[www.islamic-study.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2007 09:19 by Krim.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook