Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Chinese car plant opening in Morocco
c
26 May 2008 13:55
Interesting and good news as far as the employment it will generate. Also the ambition of making our country a hub is a smart move considering our proximity to the EU and major mediterranean markets, I'm not sure about the US market the article mentions though, it would make more sense to provide that market from a south american hub.

Riad Motors Holding, Morocco's leading family-owned importer and distributor of heavy trucks and utility cars, will open this year the biggest China-made vehicle assembly plant in North Africa, Riad said on Monday.

The Rabat government wants to make Morocco into a hub for the car industry, as it maximises its free trade agreements with the European Union and United States and several Arab countries.

"The company will invest 275 million dirhams ($37.41 million) in the assembly plant. The plant will go on stream by the end of June, 2008," it said in a statement.

Riad agreed deals with Chinese vehicle-maker Sinotruk, Mudan and Baw, to supply the assembly plant to be located in Settat region, near Casablanca -- Morocco's commercial capital.

Source :
[www.chinadaily.com.cn]
a
26 May 2008 14:39
Very good news ,let hope we carry on this way to have jobs for the boys & the girls back home
l
31 May 2008 09:03
[www.youtube.com]

good jobs but not so good products
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
a
31 May 2008 10:33
Fantastic job opportunities for everyone in addition to Chinese cars are cheap and cheerful. It’s a definite positive move; just I sincerely hope the Moroccans will change their negative attitude and piss-imism (pessimism)
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
a
31 May 2008 11:48
it is nice to know the car is Moroccan even if...
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
l
31 May 2008 18:05
laraki has nothing to do with the chineese model lol

althought laraki is something i am very proud of

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2008 06:10 by l9bi7.
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
c
2 June 2008 11:05
It's true that chinese cars do not reach european standards. The 4x4 Landwind for instance was denied sale in Belgium because it failed safety tests but I saw it a few months ago for sale in Morocco.
However, I've looked at the website of Sinotruk, the company about to settle in Settat, they manufacture cheap trucks, despite its poor quality, it could boost the transportation sector because people who can't afford a Volvo or a Scania, would be able to start their businesses with Sinotruk products.
Remember what the small Hondas did for Morocco, it allowed a network of small business to bloom where there was nothing.
All and all, I think this is a good for our economy.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook