Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Hi Canada: Any advice for a newcomer!
s
8 mars 2004 16:51
Dear fellow Moroccans

After a first expat experience in Scandinavia I decided to get back home...I didn't want to live on the social walfare and steal wallets and bags of drank blondes in erotic bars....
Once in Morocco, with my miserable Licence es lettres I couldn't really do any better...I found myself working as a waiter in a Danish restaurant in my home town: Agadir. I did all sorts of things to find a decent job but in vain.....the regret of coming back to the African soil was just appaling: despair, marquize and joints from beznass derb composed my day to day life...for a while.
Because I am kind of man who really struggles, enjoys challenges and don't beleive in misfortunes I did not sit in the corner and carry on with my junky life...I did not bother with the comments of ouled derb: he came back from europe with the same shakoush..he can't go bak because his visa is expired...he's crap and kanbou!!!!
Now after few years I managed to change my situation radically: I'm working in a multinational company in Casa, I am treated like an eagle-eyed by my managers..The salary is not that good but I enjoy my life to the full...
The big problem: I am planning to immigrate to Canada!
What do you think?

Message edité (08-03-04 16:55)
(j'ai des rêves de guerre en mon ame inquiète, j'aurais été soldat, si je n'etais poète)
S
8 mars 2004 18:01

Hi dude, well as I say to another dude in this Forum Canada is a nice peaceful nice country but in term of Jobs opening , man you'll be sort of disappointed big time. I am living in this coutry since I am 7 which means that I know what am I talking about. Lotta of moroccans immigrated and still immigrating even now to Canada in order to have what they call a better life. Man , let me tell something, those people often used to make a very nice living back home but once they come here, during the first 2 months, they're all impressed by the grandeur du Canada or the organisation or the people that are so nice or the general wealth. after a while they start complaining, the one that used to be doctors or enngineers in Morocco are offered the worst and dirtiest jobs (factories, taxi, pizza delivery and so on so forth). The system here is that, you may have 4 PHDs, you still gonna be offered a third class job because you don't have the Canadian experience, overall, my point is that Canada is far from being a paradise because salaries are so low, the cost of living is so high, we also have one the heaviest tax burden in the world , we always paying taxes, the cold -50 in the winter, social inequalities and so and so, if you want some specifis questions, feel free to ask, and be aware that I am only the truth
R
8 mars 2004 18:40
Soprano,

Es-tu mafioso? Je veux être un membre actif de ta cellule...On pourrait faire pleins de $$$$...de plus j'ai de l'experience dans ce domaine...enfin, on paie pas ni TVQ ni TPS...Tu dis koi ?
S
8 mars 2004 19:00

rass derb hahahahahahah, tu passeras me voir
s
8 mars 2004 19:24
Rass derb: what kind of mafia activities you're talking about?

(j'ai des rêves de guerre en mon ame inquiète, j'aurais été soldat, si je n'etais poète)
S
8 mars 2004 19:27

raha, never mind, you won't understand
R
8 mars 2004 19:54
Soprano, tu reste dans la p'tite Italie ? J'ai des rumeurs comme koi c toi qui gere le marché Jean Talon...
R
8 mars 2004 19:57
Saraha_raha, es-tu interessée par un poste de secretaire du Parrain?...
s
8 mars 2004 20:07
Pizza & movies....hahahaha
S
8 mars 2004 21:40

Rass derb , t'as des preuves mon gars?
a
20 mars 2004 08:16
rass derb veux tu être mon secrétaire (avec ts. mes respects)!!!!

I'm wainting for you...
a
20 mars 2004 08:17
rass derb veux tu être mon secrétaire (avec ts. mes respects)!!!!

I'm waiting for you...

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Facebook