Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Rwisha.
T
10 September 2005 20:16
Could any one tell me what this so called 'sheck' is saying? all i see is somebody sitting beating a thick stick looks like a snake from a distance and shitting through his mouth.
I think we need to set some rules & standards for, what the people call it, the 'pop music' in order to retain the quality, improve the taste, rise the standards & eliminate the crap.
If you really manna see if your music is up to standard or not in other words totally crap? play it load go & hide & watch the reactions of the European passers by or any non Moroccan.
Have you ever seeing or heard any European playing & listening to pop Moroccan crap? i have seen & heard Europeans playing & listening to rai music, i have heard Algerian music been used to sing European songs.
These guys such as 'the snake charmer' & 'the screaming wolf woman' who have cheated to become famous amongst the non educated villagers, by waiting until everybody is drunk before they scream & scare people, should be banned from cheating again & scare us.
Y
11 September 2005 03:33
Hi Berber;

I think the "thick stick: instrument is called "Lawtar" and Rwisha seems to have been a master of that instrument for a while now. His fans have been raving about him. They might see something in him; otherwise he wouldn't be around still! I am not a fan of his, but I can respect others who are and will wait for their response, that's if there are any on this forum.
Take care,
Yani
S
12 September 2005 13:05
You have no taste dear Berber! so you can't talk of quality rules. You must be a real Moroccan to know about histocal music and instruments used in the divesified folklor that we have... You are free to dislike Rwisha, but your langage is a digust for those who reserve some respect and regards to their national art.

Kindly,
f
13 September 2005 04:20
Sharing,
Thanks you said it all, i m CHELHA and i love every single thing i get from being Chelha the music traditions every single thing you name it echlouh have it
I
13 September 2005 09:46
Hi everybody,

I like Rwisha sometime as well....I’m chelha too...from Souss not from Atlas and I don’t like to hear only berber music all time...Arabic music is nice as well...in fact I hear all kinds of music that like.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2005 12:32 by Ilhem2.
f
16 September 2005 21:56
This a part of our culture and Mr. Risha has something to say, and his got his public.

Risha can produce nice sounds from his instrumen without having acoustic engineers and vans full of electronics,..and this is a miracle now in this century

Probably his respectable ideal is not to become famous in Europe or USA, he want to please his country*man and woman.

The guy is proud and not running after $$$$´s and singing in egyptian or lebanese.

You have a band like for instance Nass El Ghiwnane, known outside the Maghreb..they want to the Olympia (Paris), to London, etc...

A
21 September 2005 18:08
The berber,
It seems you have a big personnal conflict with Rwisha!! i'm astonished! cos all you said isn't true at all!
We all know Rwisha as a very well known artist either in Morocco or abroad, and i personally know a lot of people who like this artist evenif they are not chleuh or from Atlas.This means that Rwisha has its own talents , the talents of a big artist and has the capability to acquire a lot of fans in morocco , in europe( especially in France....), Canada...etc.

!!!"by waiting until everybody is drunk before they scream & scare people, should be banned from cheating again & scare us".!! "Have you ever seeing or heard any European playing & listening to pop Moroccan crap?"!!!!: What you say is really strange and odd!!you are not the only person in the world to listen to the european music, you really have no taste, if you had a taste you would make the difference ,and you would know that each music has its own flavor and its delight that we should respect evenif we dislike it.
THanks to everybody.

Better die with honor than live with shame
f
24 September 2005 16:27
Well, if european do not want to listen to morrocan or arab music , this is because:

1/ Ignorance
2/ Again ignorance
3/ They hink that they are the only ones on earth.And others have no culture!!
4/ Are not informed about what is going on elswehere
5/ Lack of tast
6/ Morrocan and arabs do not have fortunes, media and marketing machines behind
them.
An european when backed and supported by medias can go sky high and become a star, even if he is "singing in play back".

And by the way , if this european does not like our music...it is his problem, not ours!!
I
25 September 2005 18:22
Hi Fathi,

I think some Europeans may not listen to Moroccan music just because thy are not used to this kind of melodies.....they don't understand it just like when our people don't listen to Techno or Rock music..... but if you've got a song mixed with both West & Arabic (Morrocan) melodies the Eoropeans may like it and the arabic people as well....there are many songs with Orient touch went to the top ten...the music is nothing else than a kind of communication....if people understand its language they react to it if not they will not response...but this doesn't mean they think badly about it....

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook