Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Ramadan & Diabetes
S
23 September 2005 18:29
Salam Everyone and Ramadan Mubarek.
So what do you think of poeple that are diabetes, do they have to fast or no?
I
23 September 2005 19:15
people with diabetes have to drink regularly amongst other things...it's strongly disadvised for diabitics to fast...could be very dangerous....
S
24 September 2005 02:14
I agree with you Ilhem but how about the diabetes with type 2 non inslulin dependent, they can manage it I guess?
f
24 September 2005 16:18
I am diabetic myself..and do not ramadhan...

If I will do it, I will get very accute hypoglicemia, and can not control control my sugar levels...

It is clear Islam is not a religion for punishment and non-send.

It says : do not push yourself to destruction = wala talkou binafsikoum ila etahlouka
Willi ma cheftouni rahmou alyia Wana rani machit, wana rani mchit wel houl eddani Fathi .... dima ghiwani
S
24 September 2005 21:44
Dear Fathi, if you don't mind r you type 2 diabetes? and do you use a pill of Insulin injection?
A
25 September 2005 11:21
Salam,

I think that any Muslim with diabetes who wishes to fast during Ramadan should go for a medical assessment first – and it is particularly inadvisable for those with Type 1 diabetes whose control is poor to fast at any time.

As well as fasting from sunrise to sunset, We often consume large quantities of sugary fluids, fried foods and carbohydrate-rich meals during the hours when we are allowed to eat and drink.The morning meal of Sohor is often taken at a very early hour, such as 4am, leaving a very long gap until the evening meal of Iftar.
This can mean people with diabetes may experience large swings in their blood glucose levels

According to doctors,This is a general dietary advice to help control blood glucose levels during Ramadan:

· Eat the meal at Sohor just before sunrise to help spread your energy intake more evenly.
· Limit the amount of sweet foods taken at Iftar.
· Include fruits, vegetables and yoghurt in the meals both at Iftar and Sohor.
· Choose sugar-free types of fizzy drinks and cordials or water – avoid adding sugar to drinks .
· Limit fried foods like fried kebabs ... .
· Measure the amount of oil used in cooking – it is recommended one to two tablespoons for a four-person dish.
· Keep to a minimum the amount of traditional rich foods associated with Ramadan.

Ramdan Kareem with good health inchaallah for all muslims.
Better die with honor than live with shame
f
25 September 2005 12:13
To sunny:

Yes, type 2 and I am using pills ( total 6 per day)...
Aby particular advice is welcome..

Happy and wise Ramadhan everybody
Willi ma cheftouni rahmou alyia Wana rani machit, wana rani mchit wel houl eddani Fathi .... dima ghiwani
S
25 September 2005 22:22
Salam everyone, Well to Fathi, have you tried Glucophage? I know poeple on it and they are fasting Ramadan...

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook