Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
NYC
E
18 November 2006 17:34
Salam alikoum,

Me and my husband are planning to go to NYC for thanksgiving break inshalah we're gona be staying in NJ. I've been there couples of time but I wanted to know if there's anything fun to do out there! and also if you know any good halal restaurant that serves middle eartern food(and please give me a restaurant that you know and tried its food otherwise I can ask mister google grinning smiley ).
Yalahh a s7ab New York 3wnouni chwiyach smiling smiley

Fi Amani Allah,
**~[color=#0000ff]E[/color][color=#3300cc]x[/color][color=#660099]-[/color][color=#990066]m[/color][color=#cc0033]i[/color][color=#ff0000]ss[/color][color=#cc3300]d[/color][color=#996600]o[/color][color=#669900]l[/color][color=#33cc00]l[/color]~**
A
18 November 2006 21:07
Hello Ex-missdoll,

It’s the one city where you never run out of things to do, my favorite by all means.
For the halal restaurant you’ll have an array of choise from Turkish to Moroccan to libanese, passing by Syrian and Somali cuisine. I know Somali surprise many when you say it, but there’s one somewhere around 100th and broadway that is quiet good if you’re up for little adventure. For the rest, all you have to do is take sabway or a cab to atlantic avenues and you are in halal medina with a large choice and rating, too.
Now if you want to go out with your husband at night and do something you’ll remember, go and see a play on Broadway, I highly recommend that, to buy very cheap ticket, all you have to do is go in the morning to I believe 46 or 47th and Broadway or 7th Ave, not sure, and that’s where you can get the 50 and 60 dollars tickets for 20, you will not regret it, it’s that good.
You of course have the museums, amongst the best in the world, so, save a day and go to the metropolitan museum, even a whole day won’t be enough but will be a day to remember.
Now here are some of the things you can do if you want to do things that connoisseurs of New York only do, and mostly if you do not have long time out there:
There’s a tour bus that leaves from 42st, I prefer not to take tours, but some do like them, the coast use to be 42 dollars, if you take it on Sunday, then you are in for real treat, you basically will see all important spots of NYC, it arrives at Harlem famous Abyssinian church, this is the part where I’m going to be called the forum’s kafir again, this is the church where all famous civil right activists from Martin L King to Malcom X, came to talk and to pray. You’ll have the chance to see a real African American gospel choir; it’s amazing.
For not much money and just a walk from there, you can eat some soul food at Silvia’s restaurant, again where all civil right activists, presidents, famous artists ate, and you will hear live jazz and blues there, depending on the day, and also take a photo with aunt Silvia, do not be surprised to see stars and famous people sitting next to you, or even a president, i'm not kidding, That place has it’s own character and clientele. You can read about her if you google her I’m sure [www.sylviassoulfood.com]
. By the way it’s not at all expensive and you will taste real soul food you hear about in old movies, greens, fried chicken, cornbread and backed beans.
You gave me a pleasure to write about this, this morning, and it’s me who thank you because when I think of New York, I always want everyone in the world to see it.
Oh I forget, you always have the amazing central park for walks and to listen to music from artists who come and play to the joy of the visiters.
I can write about New York non-stop forever but I’ll stop here for now,
Enjoy your stay in the Big Apple,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2006 09:12 by Almot.
Almot

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook