Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Morocco offers China $1 mln aid for quake victims
H
16 June 2008 11:47
[news.xinhuanet.com]

Nothing against aiding people in need, but isn't there any other way to give aids to china while we 're beating the hell out our own poeple...
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
c
16 June 2008 12:15
Hi Hicham,

Usually this kind of transfer isn't money, it's aid in various forms, could be blankets, medicine, medical equipment, it's rarely actual money, it's an aid with a value of 1 mln US$.
Besides, it's a symbol more than anything, any of the chinese billionnaires across the world could send 10 mln without dropping a sweat.
But think of the politics of the gesture for instance in the UN when a vote comes up on the Sahara issue, don't you think the cynicism of that thought hasn't crossed the mind of our representatives ?smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2008 08:43 by chelhman.
H
16 June 2008 12:28
salam chelhman

You are definitely right, i should have articulated my question in a different way.. But it is a bit frustrating from a local point of view to see that we care for votes in the UN and don't even care for a minimum adhesion from inside our country....

Salam
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
c
16 June 2008 12:33
Hicham, I've been a lot to Morocco these past few months and I myself feel like beating the crap out of us for the way we manage the countrysmiling smiley
H
16 June 2008 12:40
LOL

No comment ...
a
16 June 2008 16:18
There is nothing wrong in trying to help others even if one needs help too. That is very noble thought hope it will reach those needy ones.
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
m
16 June 2008 16:43
Salam,

very thoughtful of you Chelhman. there's something that we call give and take.
a
16 June 2008 17:03
Nicely said chelhnan morocco plays the game & shows support to call up on these people later you either in votes or other situations
H
16 June 2008 19:33
Actually i wanted to draw the attention to what happened lately in Sidi Ifni, off course, helping other nations is an obligation, but helping ourselves by treating our people with dignity is more than an obligation, it's a fundamental right, instead, still keep "siassat tawjiha", meaning cleaning the façade and keeping the inside...DIRTY
a
17 June 2008 11:49
Hicham_ A

I hope you well mate , yes we still do it & the leopard wont change his spots as you know ....but the way forwards is to work at both levels ...sort out the issue inside without loosing the chance to be part of the outside world & have a position up there .....
I have this facade issue the other day in Mohamed V airport when RAM decided to leave everyone's luggage in Ouarzazate & told us come back for it tomorrow ..... we still talk the talk but we do not walk yet ...
H
17 June 2008 13:34
Salam ba Atlas

i heard also that passengers in Casa Airport were nearly taken as hastages as they had spent the night waiting for their flights and their luggage.. it is not new unfortunately..

By the way, what did u do exactly in ouarzazat? did u gio the gorges ? fint oasis ..??
a
17 June 2008 16:18
Mate , nothing surprises me any more ....for your infos we made them send our luggages on the 19:40 flight on the same day ...we wrote a joint complaint & asked to see the guy in charge ...its was good ..it made me proud .

i did not have time to do it all + its was hot ,i only did Ait Ben Haddou , the studios & Kasbah Tifoultoute ,i will have to go back in the spring inshaa allah
a
18 June 2008 11:30
Atlas did you get an appartment or hotel?
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
I
19 June 2008 23:33
It's all about POLITICS They can not pay their "Fonctionaires" Comme Mr. Taoufik au consulat de NY qui m'a franchement demandé pour une corruption et comme je ne crois pas en corrupter; mon passeport n'a pas eté renouveler pour 4 ans. Mais biensure nous avons de l'argent pour aider China. La façade de l'arrogance du gouvernement Marocain
a
20 June 2008 11:08
hi adds

I stayed in a little Riad with a pool ,highly recommended www.lepetitriad.com
H
20 June 2008 13:35
You won't believe me Atlas, i lived 2 years in the same neighbourhood in warzazate, 2001/2002..
a
20 June 2008 17:29
Hicham

Do you know the owner of the Riad ? i did also eat in the restuarant near the mosque its quiet simple but the food was the best i had in there
H
20 June 2008 17:54
which mosque,, you mean near kasbat taourirt??
a
22 June 2008 17:44
No , the one near the airport
H
23 June 2008 16:54
I see, i think the riad is quite new,
a
24 February 2009 07:27
I’m sorry guys ,I think this is got nothing to do with helping china (as we say in morocco limay han 3la khoh may hanch 3la lokhrine) our government sold our marketplace to china for billions dollars , we are now just garbage pile for the lower china merchandise .

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook