Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Mobile consulate Orlando 2011
l
16 April 2011 05:09
As a proud Moroccan Citizen who lives in United States of America, I was so happy to know that the consulate of Morocco is coming to Orlando in order to help the Moroccan with all the consulates services. I took a day off, hired a babysitter for my 2kids, had a file with all the required documents and fees and decided to go get my things done.

No greeting at all: I was not greeted, the lady at the front desk was talking about hair and kids, I waited a while for her to acknowledge my presence, she answered all my questions. Then, she asked me to wait outside the building for my turn.
Lack of information: Nobody told me that they were taking names, so I waited 30 minute and then Youness (the guy in charge of the LIST) open the door and start calling the names. When I asked he said you have to put your name and we will call you when it’s your turn. Why the lady upfront did not say anything about that??!! I had to figure it out myself and wasted all this time!!

False information in the website : Anyway, I was on the 4th list, Waiting outside in high humid 85 F ( Orlando, FL), when I noticed the Fee chart hanged on the Door, IT says: 25 $ admission fee , CIN 53 $ ?? I didn’t see anything like that in their website, the only thing it says is the 15$ money order for the CIN. When I asked a Volunteer from MACC (Moroccan American Chamber of Commerce), he said the 15 $ mentioned on the website if you do it in New York. Here you have to pay extra. REALLY!! And, it has to be cash. Ok so 53 $ + 25$ the admission fee+ 18.50$ for prepaid express mail envelope + 15 $ for pictures. Do the math. You will end up paying 115.50 $ just for the CIN. And if you don’t have a consulate card, add another 20 $. Even if you have one, they ask you to get the new one?!! Why do I have to get a new one when the one I have is still valid? Hmm the lady at the front desk said because it’s small and will fit your in your wallet. Hmm non thank you! I will stick with the old one and save 20$.

Long wait: I went to the ATM to get some cash because I had only a 15$ money order, when I went back to the consulate, they were closed for lunch, from 1-2pm. I went for lunch too, when I came back at 2pm, Good News (Ironic!!). They didn’t go for lunch yet, and you have to come back at 3.30 o’clock, I was told. You are kidding right!! No they weren’t .
I waited outside again. At 3.30 O’clock I tried to get in and asked a guy if he can help me since I have been waiting for so long, he walked me to somebody who said Mr. Tewfik is going to help you at that time he was busy helping somebody else which is fine with me. That’s when the same guy who was trying to help me came to me and said, you have to come back later because nobody went for lunch yet and they need to go now.
I walked out because I couldn’t stand all this mess, since I got there all I heard is the consulate is not suppose to come to you It’s just a favor, we The MACC bring them every 6 months to you, we MACC are volunteers we devote our time to help AL JALIYA.. We didn’t eat anything yet, we didn’t t go for lunch yet, we do our best to help you, But nothing was done to help me, I waited from 11am to 4pm with nothing done. Wasted my time, my money, left my kids with a babysitter that I had to pay and still nothing was done. I m sure if I waited more they would probably told me to come back the next day.
I was very disappointed and frustrated, how can experienced people who have done the mobile consulate too many times in the past years, can’t organize themselves, and learn from previous experiences.
It was clear that those people inside the building were working and trying to help, but when you can’t even organize your lunch break, when you can’t even provide a receipt for all those cash payments, when the fees on the website are not matching the one on the spot. Then there is something wrong and not clear at all.
I always hated when people talk in bad way about the Moroccan quality of service, the Moroccan appointments, and the Moroccan life style. Now I’m here complaining about the way I was treated at the mobile consulate. The only reason I’m doing this is because I love my country and I’m hoping things gets better if we let them know about how we feel.

samia.
a
23 June 2011 09:10
Hi Lalla Samia!

I am so sorry about your experience with the Moroccan Consulate in Orlando. I have just read the beginning of your blog and I wanted to reply quickly to say sorry as sometimes our authorities put people in these important offices that have no manners no education and I honestly don't know where they pick them from to represent Morocco abroad. If it is any consulation, this attetude has happened in every part of the world where Morocco has a consulate or Embassy.

But do not despair. Inchallah things will change with the new constitution these people will be employed by you, the voter.

I will read the rest of the blog later and write further.
Anazigh
a
25 June 2011 19:02
amzigh01
Hi Lalla Samia!

I am so sorry about your experience with the Moroccan Consulate in Orlando. I have just read the beginning of your blog and I wanted to reply quickly to say sorry as sometimes our authorities put people in these important offices that have no manners no education and I honestly don't know where they pick them from to represent Morocco abroad. If it is any consulation, this attetude has happened in every part of the world where Morocco has a consulate or Embassy.

But do not despair. Inchallah things will change with the new constitution these people will be employed by you, the voter.

I will read the rest of the blog later and write further.
Anazigh
f
1 April 2013 20:11
i was thinking to do my ID but now i'm not going to do it . I don't need it . thanks you.. and i'm sorry for all

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook