Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Letters from UK to Morocco
P
22 March 2006 19:38
Hi everybody,

In recent months, I have tried to send many letters to my parents who live in Rabat from london where I live, none of the letters has arrived and I don't know why.

I used to send letters from france to the same address and they all arrived very quickly, there is nothing wrong with address.

I tried to get some information from the post office but they were helpless!!

Has anyone experienced the same problem than me?

Many thanks.
M
23 March 2006 09:25
they have to translate them smiling smiley
l
23 March 2006 18:44
Do you use parcel or airmail ?
or try to add insurance grinning smiley in that case trust me it i wil lget into destination (insure a very low amount)

Try airmail since I ve been yesterday in the post office, when I asked to ship a package

she told me you want it to get there or not (to morocco) smiling

then she recommended the airmail .. since (by her words) Parcel will never get there.
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
T
24 March 2006 01:57
Send another one but make it recorded delivery if they don't get it, you'll know why or at least you can enquire it using the royal mail web.
the berber.
P
25 March 2006 04:08
l9bi7
or try to add insurance grinning smiley in that case trust me it i wil lget into destination (insure a very low amount)

Try airmail since I ve been yesterday in the post office, when I asked to ship a package

then she recommended the airmail .. since (by her words) Parcel will never get there.

I sent a normal letter in a small enveloppe. The letters I sent from france always arrived in less than a week, I wonder why this difference with the UK.

I will try recorded delivery next time.

I wonder if someone has ever successfully sent a normal letter!!
P
25 March 2006 04:09
The berber
Send another one but make it recorded delivery if they don't get it, you'll know why or at least you can enquire it using the royal mail web.
the berber.

I will try indeed.

Thanks.
l
14 April 2006 06:36
I try ed , after two months and half it got received

I asked why ? they told me it is being shipped by BOAT !!!!

Passerby
l9bi7

I sent a normal letter in a small enveloppe. The letters I sent from france always arrived in less than a week, I wonder why this difference with the UK.

I will try recorded delivery next time.

I wonder if someone has ever successfully sent a normal letter!!
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
A
17 April 2006 21:38
Good Evening/Morning Everyone.

This is a common issue in Britain, they have a very bad lack of delivery to third world countries, I have seen a program on Channel 4, Dated November 2004, that their system is really messed up. The Royal Mail has got 5 different departments then Too many subdepartments, The NationWide mailing system is well managed and delays occur only on Christmas Time, However when it comes to other countries like Morocco and so fourth, they load letters into RM bags and send them to heathrow airport where they seperate destinations. so they dont become responsible for what had been sent because they receive tons of letters the next dawn. the explanations they had given are the strikes that affect the airlines routines and other third parties and the new employees that they dont know how to deal with thousands of letters every day (its all bollocks) but this is what happened to me 5 years ago, my letter has never reached Morocco and surely if I put it in a bottle and throw it from a harbour it could reach the Moroccan coasts within few weeks.
Well use the recorded ones, otherwise you will never garantee it.
(what it was said about sending your letter by BOAT that was a very stupid lie)
v
19 April 2006 22:30
Sorry to disillusion you guys - it is just as bad from France as from the UK. Even letters sent ''recommande'' never arrive. We are also waiting for mail FROM Morocco - a month is not unusual, that's if you are lucky enough to receive it at all. Personally I do not believe it is the fault of Royal Mail OR La Poste. The problem is at the Morocco end. It is impossible to do any sort of business efficiently with Morocco when they cannot get their act together and provide something as simple as an efficient, honest and reliable postal service.
By the way - letters DO go by boat - never heard of surface mail?
P
30 April 2006 20:52
volvofan
Sorry to disillusion you guys - it is just as bad from France as from the UK. Even letters sent ''recommande'' never arrive. We are also waiting for mail FROM Morocco - a month is not unusual, that's if you are lucky enough to receive it at all. Personally I do not believe it is the fault of Royal Mail OR La Poste. The problem is at the Morocco end. It is impossible to do any sort of business efficiently with Morocco when they cannot get their act together and provide something as simple as an efficient, honest and reliable postal service.
By the way - letters DO go by boat - never heard of surface mail?

I the end, to send the letter from London, I sent the letter to a friend to in France who sent it to Morocco. It took 10 days.

My parents receive reguraly many letters from France, I dont think there is a problem here.

However, from the UK it's a nightmare, in the last 6 months I sent 4 letters and none has arrived. I never lost a letter sent from France to Morocco.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook