Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Celebrating Obama's Inauguration
p
25 January 2009 04:51
video

[www.youtube.com]

photos

[www.moroccoboard.com]

Part of wave of celebration for Pres. Barack Obama's inauguration, the Arab American Institute (AAI) organized a dinner/ show/ ball that was partly sponsored by the Moroccan American Center and drew a capacity crowd from around the country. Various celebrities attended, including a brief appearance by Queen Noor of Jordan who told the audience that Obama's inauguration brought "a new hope and possibility of renewal and activism." She said she believes Obama would work to find "long-term solutions to problems not only in this country" but also in the Mideast, including the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
the Moroccan American community members were present in force and were busy networking and talking up the idea of president Barack Obama speaking in Morocco. Of those that were pitched was Antony Lake, an Prez. Obama foreign policy adviser, who sounded positive about Morocco as a speech host.
Standard Resolution

"Moroccan Americans are one of the most dynamic group within our community, they have come a long way in such a short time, it is a success story" said president of AAI, Dr. James J. Zogby.
a
27 January 2009 18:38
Well done pzalms!

I am proud of you of letting us know about the Moroccans celebrating Obama's inauguration.
I must also thank you for giving us the website of moroccooboard. Machallah you are well organised up there.
Keep the flag flying!

Allah Alwatan Almalik!

Wasalam ulaikun.
a
28 January 2009 22:15
just look at my brother mimoune how cool he is while the rest for the people are in a deep trance
[uk.youtube.com]
Long live Morocco
and long live Gnawa
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook