Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Buying a house
v
11 May 2007 00:21
I am not sure whether I should buy a house here in Canada or back home. Please advise with your own experiences. Many thanks.
m
11 May 2007 13:05
I would say where do you see your self over 10-20years from now or better said where do you want to bring your last days on this planet, Home or Canada?
I dont know how it is in Canada, but buying a house is an investment so, it cant harm you to buy a house. The second question you should ask you self is, how much time do I spend in Morocco? 3/4 weeks a year??

_____
[www.matjar.ma]
S
13 May 2007 19:46
Hello Virtual person,

You don't have to live in Morocco in order to buy a place in Morocco. Many people now buy real estate in Morocco for investment purposes. If I were you I would buy a house/appartment, furnish it and rent is on short term basis to foreigners when I am not using it. Since you live in Canada then you could advertise it in Canadian classified ads to make sure what kind of people would rent it out. Also you will definitely need someone back home to look after it. So this will help if you have relatives you can count on or of you use one of these new accomodation management companies that have been started recently in Morocco.

Later, if you decide to settle down in Canada for good then you can always sell it and use the money to buy the new place.

Best wishes.
14 May 2007 20:51
Shireen
Hello Virtual person,

You don't have to live in Morocco in order to buy a place in Morocco. Many people now buy real estate in Morocco for investment purposes. If I were you I would buy a house/appartment, furnish it and rent is on short term basis to foreigners when I am not using it. Since you live in Canada then you could advertise it in Canadian classified ads to make sure what kind of people would rent it out. Also you will definitely need someone back home to look after it. So this will help if you have relatives you can count on or of you use one of these new accomodation management companies that have been started recently in Morocco.

Later, if you decide to settle down in Canada for good then you can always sell it and use the money to buy the new place.

Best wishes.

Good advice. But I was wondering, is he going to rapatriate his money from Morocco without any problems?
Tha way things were, few years ago, to get money out of Morocco is a real hussel. You have to have an authorization from the Office des changes, and you can only get a limited amount per year. Is that still the case?
S
14 May 2007 23:07
If you type Property in Morocco on google it will take you to a number f websites of real estate companies in Morocco. Some of them are local while others are owned by French, British or Spanish entrepreneurs. Your best bet would be to cantact them and get their opinion on this. Do keep us posted on the answer smiling smiley
v
15 May 2007 19:11
There are quite many real estate agencies now working in Morocco. Take for example this one: www.century21.ma. their website is very informative with a search engine. I must say though that prices are getting really mad in Casablanca. Anyway am holding on at the moment. I guess I won't take any decision befor going there next year.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook