Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
boycott of US goods
m
25 August 2006 09:12
Malaysian Muslims boycott Coca-Cola and Starbucks over Israel war against Lebanon
25/08/2006
Malaysian Muslims on Friday launched a boycott of US goods in protest over Washington's support for Israel, which is under attack here for its war and massacres in Lebanon. The Muslim Consumer Association of Malaysia said it will call on Malaysians to stop buying products from three high-profile US companies -- Starbucks, Coca Cola and Colgate-Palmolive -- in the Muslim nation. Last month, Howard Schultz, the chairman & chief global strategist for "Starbucks Coffee Stores" issued a thank you message to all Starbucks customers for making it the $6.4 billion global company it is today, with more 33 million weekly customers. Schultz said in his letter: "Every latte and macchiato you drink at Starbucks is a contribution to the close alliance between the United States and Israel. Starbucks sponsors Israeli military arms fairs in an effort to strengthen the special connection between the American, European and Israeli defense industries and to showcase the newest Israeli innovations in defense. Without you, my valued customer, I wouldn’t be able to raise hundreds of millions of dollars each year to pay for all the weaponry, bulldozers and security fences needed to "protect Israelis from anti-Semitic Muslim terrorism."
Save this Article Email this Article Print this Article
c
25 August 2006 15:47
That's a smart move. Usually I see calls for boycott of Israel goods which in my opinion is counter-productive because of the great numbers of Palestinians working in israeli agribusinesses for instance, it may hurt those we're trying to help long before it has any kind of effect.
But if the major player and the source of funding for their military might is hurt, then we'll have made some progress.
Besides given the paranoïa and pragmatism of US corporations, the threat of a boycott might already make a difference.
j
18 September 2006 06:19
WELL , SOON YOU WILL SEE US GOODS IN MOROCCO AND AFTER THAT , HELLO, OBESITY AND DISEASES, I HOPE IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN , MAY GOD PREVENT US
z
18 September 2006 09:25
Let me guess, we will then have the moroccan boeing equivalent to build our planes, you gotta be kiddin...

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook