Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
African American and Moroccan
M
20 September 2005 01:31
Hello Saatje,

Yes, I would like more information please. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks.

saatje a écrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello
> I have read your story with interest and
> congratulations!!Unfortunatly I don not live in
> the states but in Europe, so I cannot help you
> with adresses etc. Here in Europe we are used to
> the mix of tradional moroccan weddings with
> European traditions. Just let me know if you would
> like to know more about this. I love to help.

s
22 September 2005 18:29
HI,

I have sent you an e-mail I hope you have received it?
l
29 September 2005 12:58
Dear Moroccobound,

Be very careful, if at any time this guy changes in the way he treats you or does anythign unacceptable, then please don't go through with it.

Just from my experiences, but perhaps I got a bad apple!

Really I hope it goes well, all my best wishes. ANd congratulations on your engagement : )
M
30 September 2005 01:36
saatje a écrit:
> HI,
>
> I have sent you an e-mail I hope you have received
> it?

Saatje,

I did not get any email from you. b4mee at yahoo dot com. Please put Moroccobound in the subject just incase it goes to my junk mail folder.

Thanks
M
30 September 2005 01:38
Hello Laure21,

Thanks for the advise but I would apply this to any man. :-)

Kathy

aure21 a écrit:
> Dear Moroccobound,
>
> Be very careful, if at any time this guy changes
> in the way he treats you or does anythign
> unacceptable, then please don't go through with
> it.
>
> Just from my experiences, but perhaps I got a bad
> apple!
>
> Really I hope it goes well, all my best wishes.
> ANd congratulations on your engagement : )

L
30 September 2005 23:02
Welcome to you !

from a Moroccan Lady
t
11 October 2005 20:36
I am new to this forum. Moroccanbound, when I read all the posts I saw that we have a lot in common. I am also an African-American woman. I am married to a Moroccan man. We had our wedding in the US and will have a wedding in Rabat, Morocco in 2006. I have been looking for traditional wedding dresses online, with no success. My husband told me I have to just wait to find the fabric in Morocco, but it is sooo expensive there.

Maybe we can help each other with whatever we find. Also, I have gone through the whole process of change of status/ work permits and residency with my husband. I could share my experience and what worked for us if you like. I didn't have a support network, and it would have helped me. You can e-mail me with any questions, or if you just want someone to talk to someone who has gone through the same thing as yourself. Respond to this post if you're interested and I can give you my e-mail address.
M
12 October 2005 01:01
Tam,

I sent you a message to your mailbox in this program. Go to Messages prives. I would also like to add that the people that have responded on this board have been very nice and helpful.

I would like to develope a support system.

Kathy
M
22 January 2006 17:09
Hello Everyone,

I just thought I would give you an update.

We are at the very end of the K1 process. We received a 221(g) for a police certificate that they said we could not get but then told use we needed it. Thank God it came thru the day after the interview. We are now waiting on the phone call to bring in the passport. This has been a very stressful event.

We will be married thru a formal wedding on July 15, 2006 (six months), however I have not decided on what day we will marry per our requirements (ughhh).

For those that have came from Morocco could you please share you experiences in coping with this new land? Do you have any words for wisdom so that I can help my fiance to adjust? Are there any support groups in the MD/Dc area?

Thanks
Kathy
J
5 March 2006 17:21
Hello,

just a question... since I ve been reading this forum only today....something didn't sound right. Moroccobound, you are about to marry someone you don't even know I guess!!! You were engaged without even knowing the guy, and now you are looking for how he can come to the us!?
so Obviously you met this guy online, then call that a bf, then go visit him in Morocco, I guess him needing a visa to the us...will say I do to anyone. Don't be offended, but I think you should know the guy better before getting hurt!

You probably never heard stories of them later divorcing the visa provider once they are permanent residents!

Hope this helps.

A lot a people, should have told u the thruth......on this forum. They all know KWIGHTAT!!!! that's moroccan for paperwork= marrying a foreign woman for work visa!

The truth hurts but I wanted u to know before u have to go for a costly divorce and hurt.
M
5 March 2006 17:30
Hello Jbelresearch,

Thanks for the message. I had know my fiance for about 1.5 years before we even thought about becoming a couple. I have done my own investigation and such.

Thanks for the concern and I do agree some people are out just to come to america. But not everyone.

People fail to realize that men and women in america also use other people they marry. People are people no matter when you are from. You have to be careful no matter what.

Have you had a bad experience?

JbelResearch
Hello,

just a question... since I ve been reading this forum only today....something didn't sound right. Moroccobound, you are about to marry someone you don't even know I guess!!! You were engaged without even knowing the guy, and now you are looking for how he can come to the us!?
so Obviously you met this guy online, then call that a bf, then go visit him in Morocco, I guess him needing a visa to the us...will say I do to anyone. Don't be offended, but I think you should know the guy better before getting hurt!

You probably never heard stories of them later divorcing the visa provider once they are permanent residents!

Hope this helps.

A lot a people, should have told u the thruth......on this forum. They all know KWIGHTAT!!!! that's moroccan for paperwork= marrying a foreign woman for work visa!

The truth hurts but I wanted u to know before u have to go for a costly divorce and hurt.
m
5 March 2006 18:51
It is very sad to see Jbelresearch going very fast in his judgement.
There are many moroccans out there, in Finnland, Sweeden, Germany, Us who did
decide to go the same way. They are well established with their wives and do have kids.
So I would be more carefull with this kind of judgements.
Thanks
M
5 March 2006 21:47
l9bi7
can I ask you a question ?

why the majority of African american do not give good tips at restaurants ?

Moroccobound a écrit:

I'm African American because I'm Moroccan with American citizenship. my wife also African American but she is not from Morocco. normaly she is the American and I'm the African American but we will not debate that here.

answering your question, I can say that African Americans are good tipers. my wife always leave so much money on table at restaurant. manytimes, I take little bit of that money because I see it's too much for money for passboys... smiling smiley

if you believe what I said, I was only kidding...
if you don't believe it, then it's true.
J
6 March 2006 03:41
Hi Moroccobound,

you see knowing someone for 1.5 year amounts to nothing if u guys are not in ur daily lifes in the same country....u say u had ur own investigation...yet you have no clue about morocco the type of questions u asked I wanna answer to them so bad...but man it's gonna hurt!

I would prefer hurting before not afterward.

and the way u describe ur "bf" and his family lifestyle...tells a lot about their socialecomical situation.

Well, I guess I warned u and after all the time u'd remember all this, it'll be too late.
And no I have no bad experience....smiling smiley I am a native sweetie! Enjoy ur guy!
m
6 March 2006 09:36
Very smart...............................................Ehhhhh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2006 09:37 by Krim.
M
6 March 2006 13:12
JB,

I had asked these questions some time ago. But like I said american do the same thing the only difference is that they are a native to the US. I trust have faith and that is what is going to carry me thru.

I will remember you advise.

Thanks.
M
7 March 2006 03:49
Jb, what you said here is clear evidence on how much evil in your soul. try to clean that evil? the default behavior of any humanbeing should be nice, sounds like you were preprogrammed evil.

sister Moroccobound, do not bother yourself with some psycho moroccans like this Jb? there is a moroccan proverb that says "from each tribe, there is insane man and insane woman" Jb is our insane.

have you had good time in Morocco? Morocco is the best place to be outside the paradise. have you enjoy Jamaa'a alfna? did you enjoy the warm welcome of people? I believe you had good time, that's the most important part. there are some people who sees everything darkness and Jb is not far from that community.

there are people outside USA who believe that USA is the paradise. unfortunatly for them, they are clueless about the among of crimes going on. there are no less than 30 million American women who will dream to have somebody invit them in a country like Morocco where people have no right to carry a gun. enjoy your time? and you had good Idea that in morocco you may meet some uneducated hatemongers people Jb... do you thang sista? hollar...<--- my wife wrote that to you smiling smiley
I
7 March 2006 05:33
salam everyone,

JbelResearch
Hello,

..... Moroccobound, you are about to marry someone you don't even know I guess!!! ....
..... I guess him needing a visa to the us... .

well you don't know him either JbelResearch eye rolling smiley!!...how could judge him thenmoody smiley
N
22 August 2006 02:32
Hi All,

I must say that this is the site that I have been waiting for. I am African American. I was born in Ghana and raised in the US. My wife is Moroccan (Meknesia) and we have 3 beautiful children. Children speak fluent derija and are in morocco right now because I wanted to brain wash them in the African culture first before the American teacher got a hold of them. I have noticed something that surprised me. I have met a lot of African Americans married to Moroccans. That was a total surprise and most of the marriages are strong. I really want to say that for all the BS that I hear about Moroccans in Europe, that is definitely BS. The vast majority of people in Morocco that I have met are awesome people.
Why do you guys have such a bad reputation in Europe the land of tolarence?
c
22 August 2006 14:01
Hi Neoifriqia,

Which reputation are you referring to ? You see, we have so manysmiling smiley
s
29 August 2006 05:36
hello morocobound
my wife is american we did get mairied at the mosque and we went to the church too .
if you loking for moroccan dresses my wife know moroccan lady how mke moroccan dresses (keftan djelaba...) I live in virginia.
Ilike your story .
my wife is african american we are happy cople and we are having abiby an d february.
my advice to yo and your moroccan men is be very compromise .
I will ask my wife and let you know.
I will be happy to help any one of you
slam alikom
N
29 August 2006 07:16
Hi Chelhman,

Well when I was in spain a few years back, the spanish students that I knew were telling me that the moroccans in their city were drug dealers. Of course, this all sounded familiar. Being sensitive to generalizations ans ethnic labling, I natuarlly rejected their claim. But other European students had similar claims. Why did I not see these drug dealers when I was in Morocco. And I have been there many times.

Hi Said Tounni,

Congratulations and I wish you all lasting marraige. Do you guys know any other couples married to African-Americans?

Chau
s
29 August 2006 16:51
i'M HAPPY TO HER FROM YOU AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO HELP ERY ONE NEED HELP .
AND i WILL BE SO HAPPY TO SUPRT THE MOROCCAN WOMEN HO MAKE THE DRESSES.
i will ask my wife to ask if she hase any email adress.
salam
s
29 August 2006 17:02
thankyou neoifriqia and goodlike to you too
c
29 August 2006 22:40

Neoifriqia

Hi Chelhman,

Well when I was in spain a few years back, the spanish students that I knew were telling me that the moroccans in their city were drug dealers. Of course, this all sounded familiar. Being sensitive to generalizations ans ethnic labling, I natuarlly rejected their claim. But other European students had similar claims. Why did I not see these drug dealers when I was in Morocco. And I have been there many times.

Oh ! That reputation ! Well, it's like you said, in the US if you're african-american and driving a Lexus, you must be dealing dope. Our country does produce a large portion of the haschich consumed in Europe that's why that image keeps sticking to us therefore for the average thick european, a Moroccan doing well, must be up to no good. Let's just say clichés and stupidity are universal.
M
4 September 2006 23:13
People need to learn how to get along with others no matter where we are from. We all have good and bad in every race, creed, color and religion.

Chau thanks for the info and I sent you a message.

Good luck to everyone.
j
18 September 2006 06:14
hi , I' M REALLY HAPPY THAT YOU ENJOYED YOURSELF IN MOROCCO IT'S A BEAUTIFUL AND WARM COUNTRY ,
FOR YOUR QUESTION ABOUT MIXTES MARRIAGES IN MOROCCO , I WOULD LIKE TO GET YOUR ATTENTION FOR THE FACT THAT MORROCCO IS A MUSLIM COUNTRY , AND IN GOD EYES COLOR , RACE ...... HAVE NO VALUE ONLY YOUR FAITH , THAT'S THE MAIN REASON WHY IN MOROCCO ,DIFFERENT COLORED PEOPLE GET TOGETHER FOR THE SAKE OF GOD ,
FOR YOUR QUESTION ABOUT MARRYING SOMEBODY TO BRING HIM OVER THE USA , I WOULD LIKE TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION IN SINCERE WAY , TROUGHT MY LIFE HERE IN USA I SAW REAL MARRIAGES AND A FAKE ONES, JUST FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND YOUR BRAIN ALSO AND DON'T FORGET TO PRAY ABOUT IT AND WHATEVER PLAN GOD HAS FOR YOU YOU WILL GET IT GOOD LUCK
P
15 April 2013 14:09
I am glad to know that you have met the majority of Americans (more than 150 million of the over 300 million people in America). Good for you. I have been living in America and I don't think I have met 100,000 people.
M
21 April 2013 11:47
Please can you help me get this email to El Houcine Fardani at the Moroccan embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam. Many thanks for your assistance.

Dear Mr Fardani

My name is Mohamed Arsalani, a British national residing in Brunei Darussalam, south east Asia.

I am writing in reference to the article "Boujam'a died unnoticed", which appeared on 'hespress.com' Wednesday 17th April 2013. The article is about Boujam'a, a Moroccan descendent who lived all his life in Vietnam. He left behind a Vietnamese wife and two children. There is a family of 12 people related to Boujam'a living in a village called Dao Hoang, 150 km from Hanoi.

I would very much appreciate your assistance as I am planning to pay a visit to the family of Boujam'a in June 2013. This is a humanitarian visit to offer financial assistance to his family and close relatives.

For you information I have never been to Vietnam and don't speak Vietnamese. Thus I am contacting you to find out if you are able to coordinate this humanitarian endeavour to reach out for our Moroccan nationals.

I trust to hear from you shortly so that we can talk further about the assistance I need from your side.

Best wishes

Mohamed Arsalani
+6738801602
Bandar Seri Begawan
Brunei Darussalam
[email protected]
a
21 July 2014 01:14
I just read your opinions and I'd like to share with you mine.
first , moroccans aren't africans they are 100 percent berbers 60 percent were arabized tha the rest are just "berbers" . second no they don't have african roots , geneticly it was proven that they have a great connection with europe because the E haplogroup is not african , africa was black continent until this type entered the continent , maybe from west of europe or a place between turkey and syria , I said that just to correct your knowledges .
moroccans are in general peaceful , they will always help you , however there is a lot of people who marry strangers just to get the foreign nationality , but please don't be influenced with this , If you love your boyfriend just marry with him .
second , there is no racism in morocco because in morocco there is people who are "berbers mixed with sub saharians" and they look black and " berbers mixed with arabs " they look brown and " berbers mixed with spanish" *the majority* they look white , I lived there and I'd like to say that they really impressed me.
finally , in every part in the world there is good peole , there is bad people don't expect that every moroccan man is nice , and btw , yes they equalize between men and women.
hope this was helpful
Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook