Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Yabiladi English Board
a
10 March 2005 16:39
This board dedicated to English discussions looks having success after its recent introduction (thanks to our Sir Web :-)), but I noticed that few regular participants contribute on this board. Probably the existence of this English board is not well advertised within the Moroccan anglophone´s community or the other frenchy boards do not let visitors to scroll down the forum´s list to open this forum ;-). I noticed also that the topics tend more to a copy/paste of English articles and materials which do not encourage more the discussions and the contributions.

___________ Mehr licht.
S
10 March 2005 21:41
I agree with you Alximo also most poeple on this board refuse to contribute to discassions. I hope poeple here can be more open minded about different subjects.
Thanks smiling smiley
a
10 March 2005 22:02
In many instances, not replying to some posts is much better than doing it. If you look at the other posts on yabiladi, anytime there’s one with a sensitive subject such as religion or democracy and women’s right, as example, the conversation becomes very tense and uncivilized. I personally decided to make sure to tone down the rhetoric and just let go sometimes.
The English board is new and as you’d said, it’s already a success, yes there are too many copy post items, but I think it’ll get better with your help and with the help of people who enjoy a good discussion.
Take care,
Almot
Y
10 March 2005 22:22
Hi all;
I think it's doing fine! a quantity that doesn't rise to a good discussion is useless. I think! sure it's good to spice it up with some controvercies from time to time but keeping an open mind is key to a successful conversation, even virtual one! As to copy and past, I personnaly don't mind..but if a link and a summary could be posted instead that would be great. All in all I've enjoyed some good discussions and look forward to more ...
D
11 March 2005 03:27
Salam All !

I agree with you alximo...but if copy/paste articles are followed by a kind of debate or exchange of ideas, it would be very constructive.

I live in France , and most people who intervene in the English Board are from Canada or the US; they do it when it's evening in here. As you know 6 hours or more time shift between France and America can't help.

I will try to be more present and help as much as I can to improve this Board.
Tonight is an exception , I don't feel asleep at all ! LOL it's already 3:25 in the morning...Come to think about it ! What can you advise me to do to feel asleep?! I have insomnia these last days sad smiley

Friendly
Peace & Love...
a
11 March 2005 03:55
and what is the reason for insomnia? if I may ask!
Almot
l
11 March 2005 04:56
I apreciated your interventions, among which almotanabi's : it is wise sometimes to not answer than be uncivilized.

I would be happy to see the forum with 5 post which are consitent rather than with 100 useless post (About I love her, he does love me ? ... one maybe but not 5 times the same subject a day)

best wishes to u all
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
D
11 March 2005 17:22
almotanabi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and what is the reason for insomnia? if I may ask!
>
> Almot

Well I feel stressed out these days...a lot of homework and some personal problems.I drink herb tea before sleeping but it doesn't have any effect.
Peace & Love...
d
14 March 2005 03:42
Salam all,

I like this board in Enlish, There are few posts but generally they are friendly and in good quality. I enjoy reading every single post except the copy/paste ones.

Our friend almoutanabi deserve a lot of credits along with our webmaster.

Take care everyone,

doukkali,
t
15 March 2005 23:33
Hi everyone,

I agree with you all ... the posts are VERY friendly, I bet that once everyone will have taken his/her mark .... that will turn out to be a little bit more "controversial" ... don't you think?

Although the conversations in this forum are a lot more "intellectual" henceforth copy/pasting of articles ... I wonder if this is due to the language as you all seem to master it perfectly. That may also be due to the fact that you all live in the US and Canada. We all know that immigration to this part of the world is tied to heavy conditions (i.e. education level).

What's your view on this??

Good night everyone it is almost midnight here smiling smiley
e
16 March 2005 03:34
I think it's a language thing. my english side is cool but my french one is not so. in canada, it's too cold so there is not much energy left to disagree with others...except in summer of course where we find ourselves with an excess of energy....

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook