Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Would you like to move back to Morocco!!
a
14 October 2005 20:50
Salam everybody

I am starting this topic, cause I am wondering!! would you move back to Morocco if, your chances of better life can be achieved there??

I think a lot about it. i have been living in DANMARK for the last 15 years and I have in my mind to move back. in Moroccan people always think i am crazy. I don´t blame them cause they did not try life over here.

so what are you openion about that!! as Moroccan living abroad?

regards Aziz_dk
C
14 October 2005 22:22
Hello Aziz_dk!

Greetings to you from Norway - Hilsen til deg fra Norge! smiling smiley

Some time ago there was a discussion about this topic, have a look:

==> [www.yabiladi.com]

Best regards

Calendula

a
14 October 2005 22:35
Tak for det Calendula

den har jeg ikke set, var ikke særlig engageret i den forum..
but i am working on it..

aziz_dk

how long have u been in Norge.. ?
c
16 October 2005 13:59
welcome to you aziz_dk.

En hilsen fra danmark, og lige præcis fra Odensegrinning smiley Hvor bor du henne? Jeg har også været her i 15 år.

cali
Usually, terrible things that are done with the excuse that progress requires them are not really progress at all, but just terrible things. Russell Baker
a
16 October 2005 22:12
Jeg er fra Århus, ikke så længt fra dig .. det er dejligt at møde en af vores egen hehehehe..

thnaks for your welcome..

hilsen aziz_dk
C
17 October 2005 08:50
God morgen! Good morning! smiling smiley

@ Aziz_dk og Cali

Nå har vi visst fått en liten skandinavisk krok her i Yabiladi! winking smiley Jeg mener å huske at det også finnes noen fra Sverige her...

I emigrated to Norway in 1980, so that is a long time ago... But my country of origin is Germany, not Morocco.

I am a guest in the Yabiladi forum. I went to Morocco for the first time in 1999 and have been there since on several trips around the country. This year in February/March my children and I visited Marrakech, Rabat, Meknes (Volubilis), Fes, Ifrane and surroundings, and visited the Barrage Bin el Ouidane on our way back to Marrakech. We enjoy very much being in Morocco and to meet and get to know the people. I have started to learn Arabic and manage now to read easy books for small children smiling smiley . And I also try to learn Darija. My long distance plans are to stay parts of the year in Morocco, when my children have grown up...

Best regards

Calendula

a
17 October 2005 18:09
hej Calendula,

Is nice to meet people here, is nice idea to live part time in Morocco, specialy in the winter time in north europe, I really can feel you.
That was nice trip you did, alomost nice places of old Morocco, actualy the real Morocco.

I hope your plan will come true one fine day!!

aziz_dk

p
18 October 2005 01:18
Hvor i Norge er du/ ni?

Ps rel intressant lesning i forumet numera, ff a mht til et visst sos engagemang i en og annen tråd.

MVH
Y
18 October 2005 05:38
Going back in time and thinking about the reasons to move from Morocco to an Unknown territory, about which I knew nothing but what I learned in books and Movies! Sounds Crazy to the Natives, not moroccans, who are, for different reasons, fearless risk takers!

Goals, hamdoulilah, have been somewhat achieved, but there's no end to the Human greed, be it intellectual or material, or is there? I know of many people in the same situation, who moved from morocco for different reasons, and that are now, somwhat comfortable and could move back to live! The reasctions of all these people, me included, is to complain about pretty much everything once back! Is it arrogance? Is it a strong will to change ones country, or at least city...interpretaions differ, but one thing is for sure, those Who immigrated at a later age, early 20s and go back and forth, find it difficult to adjust to the mentality and way things are run!

Personally, I find the trips back and forth most comforting, but the places of departure and arrival the least ofthe Kind! Confusing? MAy be...

My compromise, as an answer to the question at hand, is sort of similar to what Calendula suggested. Spending 4 weeks in MOrocco three times a year, has proven to be a nice remedy to homesickness and other needs... I feel it's for me the ideal solution to keep what I have and stay in touch with the roots.

Thanks.
Yani
m
18 October 2005 13:19
salaam 3alaikom!

yes, i love to go back to morocco!! even if i'm born in the Netherlands..
I guess later in chae Allah, i will start my own company there in Morocco and live there in chae Allah.. but first i have to finish my study.. but i don't like to live there for ever, time to time i'd like to go to other countries.. i think it will be America or something like that, maybe france.. but here in holland, ohw no!! no way, i won't come back here.. i live here my hole life and i have seen enough!

anyway, May Allah help u with ur decision in chae Allah and help u with ur dream!
Have a blessed Ramadan in chae Allah, Allah yata9abal!

Greetz,
Muslima
l
18 October 2005 23:01
We originally planned to retire to Morocco, or maybe spend the Winters there like someone suggested. It is difficult when your children and Grandchildren are in Europe! The same thing applies to the many first generation immigrants in the UK from India and Pakistan. We know of so many who planned to go back home for their retirement but couldn't face leaving behind their families in Europe. Many even built homes back in their country of origin ready to retire to - and now their homes stand empty.
f
21 October 2005 14:44
Hi Aziz_dk
for myself sometimes i say no never and when i get home sick i say yes once i get old, the reason being i tried it for 4 years and unfortunatly it did not work i could not make it there so here i m AGAIN somewhere else again and i feel as if i have waisted that 4 yrs doing nothing it is a shame but it is the truth. Good luck.
m
22 October 2005 22:20
Hello! I lived in the U.S.A since 1985, and i'm ready to move back as soon as possible!
The only reason i'm still here, is that i'm waiting for my daughter to go to college.
So, i still have four years to go!
I'm 41 years old and i feel that i need to go back home, most of us didn't even see half of Morocco!! Our country is beautiful and i think we all going back one DAY!
Take care everybody, we may just see each other in the motherland!
SEE YA!
Mustapha. E
l
23 October 2005 11:01
muphassa1964 a écrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello! I lived in the U.S.A since 1985, and i'm
> ready to move back as soon as possible!
> The only reason i'm still here, is that i'm
> waiting for my daughter to go to college.
> So, i still have four years to go!
> Mustapha. E

You see, Mustapha, this is exactly what happened to us (except in the UK) We were always waiting for the kids to finish University etc etc, but then they start getting married, having kids, and before you know it the opportunity has passed you by as you don't want to go so far away from your kids and Grandchildren. Even further away in your case, I guess? You would miss them growing up.
The ideal scenario, for us at least, would be to be able to spend, say, six months of the year in Morocco and the other six back with the family. You need a good pension to be able to do something like that! And to be blessed with good health too. Good Luck!

p
23 October 2005 11:25
it seems to be Time to start Thinking about what to do with "our" common problem: wanting (maybe) to move back without beeing able to do so in one or an other way!!

any good ideas?
(I have some)

have a nice day!

[www.xaqt.net]
m
24 October 2005 00:12
Hello! I can't wait till i move back.. I miss the opportunity years ago.. But it's
never too late! I building my house in Agadir now, and i'm also looking to start
a business, nothing big but something to build on..
If you have any ideas and you don't mind sharing them, i'll be happy to listen!
It has been a litte tough cause of child support and taking care of my mom back
home, but it's all good!
Take care and i hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks.
Mustapha.
i
24 October 2005 10:09
Hello,
I agree completely with you, the majority of our compatriots who speak without any justification and wish to live here because they believe that the paradise. I know many the people who regretted Morocco. The way of life it has double section, it deprives to you of many things and to make you plunge in squaring of circle of which you will not able to move a whole. But the problem is misses it information and the media also do not assume their responsibilities.

salam
m
25 October 2005 21:26
Hi!
I think it's OK for the young ones to go and see for themselfs, because no matter what we tell them, they won't listen!
Don't get me wrong, i'm very thankful for having a chance to be in the states for
the last twenty years but i think that it served it's purpose!
Now i'm ready to go and give back the country that gave me a lot!
Take care.
Musttapha.
s
2 November 2005 23:32
muslima7186 a écrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> salaam 3alaikom!
>
> yes, i love to go back to morocco!! even if i'm
> born in the Netherlands..
> I guess later in chae Allah, i will start my own
> company there in Morocco and live there in chae
> Allah.. but first i have to finish my study.. but
> i don't like to live there for ever, time to time
> i'd like to go to other countries.. i think it
> will be America or something like that, maybe
> france.. but here in holland, ohw no!! no way, i
> won't come back here.. i live here my hole life
> and i have seen enough!
>
> anyway, May Allah help u with ur decision in chae
> Allah and help u with ur dream!
> Have a blessed Ramadan in chae Allah, Allah
> yata9abal!
>
> Greetz,
> Muslima

Wat grappig een Nederlandse op dit forum, nou Muslima, ik ben naar Frankrijk verhuisd, maar ik kan nou niet zeggen dat dit het land van mijn dromen is.

But I would love going back to morocco even I have never lived there, but i my parents are thinking about it for many years and they are still here.

f
3 November 2005 00:46
i love morocco..but to live there i can t ..i like australia an my 'family is here with me..

m
3 November 2005 04:14
Thanks for taking the time to write, like i said no matter how long you live anywhere
beside you native country, you will always go back one day!
For the person living in Australia, i understand where you come from, i said the same thing twenty years ago!
Good luck everybody!
Mustapha.
a
3 November 2005 13:29
I understand people that were born outside Morocco, for for us the that were born in Morocco i guess returning back will be something u have to take serious. even for the one have kids grand kids .. it nice to have place to your grandkids to come and visite introduce them to the coulture people, food .. everything that Morocco offer.

even for fereinger that want to make Morocco as there long journey stay. morocco is an open country with good hospitality, people with big heart.. we have place for everybody.. isn´t that great ..
there is a lot of thing to be proud of just beeing Moroccan hehehehe

aziz_dk

Eid MOubarek
m
3 November 2005 21:54
I could not agree with moore! You are right, i'm a very proud moroccan!!

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook