Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
When it's time, it's time!!!!!
a
9 August 2005 06:18
This week while I was a bit sad about the passing Ibrahim Ferrer of the Buena Vista Social Club who died Saturday in Havana, Cuba, after a weeklong fight with emphysema. The Afro-Cuban vocalist was seventy-eight years old. If you like music, real good music, then next time you go to a music store grab a CD or even better, a video of Buena Vista Social Club and enjoy some good Spanish music. You don’t need to speak Spanish to enjoy this: [www.afrocubaweb.com] or here [news.bbc.co.uk]

On the same day I heard about the passing of Peter Jennings one of the American journalist I respect great deal. He was the only one in my view who spoke about the Palestinian problem in an impartial way, he was the only one who made sure when he invited an Israeli representative, that a Palestinian one was there, too. He knew the Arab world better than all the rest, if you do not know him: [abcnews.go.com] what a great man!!!

Also read about the passing of Ahmed Didate, I don’t know lots about the man, but I remember watching him debate Jimy Swaggart long time ago and was impressed with his talent and how much he studied and seemed to know about the bible. [www.aljazeera.net]

I also liked Robin Cook who also died last week, he was a man who stood for what he believed and always looked like an honest man. [news.bbc.co.uk]
And of course the dozens who die in Iraq every day…

Well, what a week!!! ALLAH YERHEMHOUM JAMIANE…..Inna lillahi wa Inna Ilayhi Raajioune...

just thought i share that with you all...
salaam,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2005 06:36 by almotanabi.
Almot
d
9 August 2005 16:42
Thank you almotanabi for mentioning these great people who passed away. I was sad for all of them but the very bad news I red this week was the death of the ABC anchor Peter Janning, I was really astonished and heartbreaking. He was my favorite anchor in USA and when I used to watch news in an american TV, I always switch my TV on ABC. For some reason I never liked to watch the other anchors on NBC, CBS or CNN and yet less on Fox. He was very charismatic, proud and nice looking canadian. I remember after the events of September 2001, he was the only one to ask the american to not jump to any conclusion, and I really admired his position at that time. The americans were furious about him and some dumb american asked him to return to Canada. In short, he was a great man, the best anchor.

P.S.: Peter Mansbridge of CBC is another anchor I like after Peter Janning...
d
9 August 2005 17:08

I tried to edit my previous post, but I was not able to do that...

anyway heartbreaking should be heartbroken...

l
11 August 2005 02:30
I'm very sad about Robin Cook - a politician who has proven his integrity is pretty rare in politics, unfortunately.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook