Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
What would Oum Kalthoum sing?
b
15 November 2008 13:41
If there’s one Moroccan song you would’ve liked to hear Oum Kalthoum sing, which would it be? For me it’s not Al Kamar Al Ahmar, but Achaati, every time I listen to it, I say to myself, yeah, this would fit her style and voice…what's yours..
H
15 November 2008 17:40
Salam

I have never thought of such a remake , funny but original smiling smiley honestly i find it difficult to choose..

Let's say i really like most Oum koulthoum's classical arabic songs: Al atlal, Araka 3assiya dam3i, Salou Qalbi..
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
s
18 November 2008 14:37
Salam everybody.

Well Bikhor, just like Hicham said its kind of difficult to say but i would liked "ya jara wadina" its not really a moroccan dialect song its arabic classic but its is in my eyes, its a beautiful song.
As matter of fact any song of "Raja belmalih" allah yarhamha would be a great a pick.
Now you got me really thinking hahahahahaha.
Bye.
b
19 November 2008 04:18
Totally with you Hicham except that I like everything Oum Kalthoum and everything Abdelwahab, but I do also find beauty in many Moroccan songs, mostly “classics” such as al kamar al ahmar, achatiaa, la tatroukini, rahilah and last but not least some of the great Ahmed al Bidawi such as habibi taala,

And Saha Wsalama, I agree Ya jara wadina is a good song and could be a good candidate, Rajaa Belemlih gave many good songs in her short life, I always seem to look for what couldn’t be done, look for example when you listen to Ya jarata al wadi from Abdelwahab and then from Fayrouz, both beautiful but in their own different styles, both real pleasure to listen to but each gives us a different kind of joy, if I’m making any sense here…
H
19 November 2008 11:34
sure Abdelwahab is great, but personnally i like to listen to his songs sung by other singers..ya jarat alwadi for example, when sung by feirouz is fantastic, for me, it is far better than sung by himself...
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
H
19 November 2008 11:42
an amazing rendition of ya Jarat lwadi, the first time i hear about this old tunisian singer, Noor elhouda..

[www.youtube.com]
H
19 November 2008 11:54
Recap! not sure she is tunisian, she was egyptian..
b
19 November 2008 14:27
She's amazing, thanks Hicham
And other than Oum Kalthoum, I never seen any singer holding a handkerchief "a la oum kalthoum"

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook