Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Watch Any WorldCup Game live for Free (Courtesy of ESPN)
l
26 June 2006 17:58
UPDATE 6/26 10:33 ET: The pregame feed, which just says the game is coming up at 10:55 ET, is now on ESPN360 and available via direct link here or cut/paste from below:

[espnevent1.espn.com.edgesuite.net]

Watch any World Cup game live online for free....for example, this was the link for the June 22 Ghana v US game I originally posted:

As far as I can tell after a little experimentation, if you want to watch a different game, you can just change the country in the URL to the home team, and change the date. I imagine ESPN will close this out at some point soon so get while the gettin's good...it's probably not a door they intended to leave open.

Here is the NEW basic format (YMMV with this, does not appear to be working any more):

[espnevent1.espn.com.edgesuite.net];# of game in day>.asx
Example: [espnevent1.espn.com.edgesuite.net]

Updated/Corrected URLs for June 26 Games...

June 26

Italy v Australia:

Switzerland v Ukraine:

June 27

coming soon...

To watch on 360 (not recommended, but its the only way it seems to work for some):
1) Click on ESPN 360 Link Above.
2) Click to launch player if it doesn't automatically.
3) Select "World Cup" on left.
4) Pick the game out from the 9 boxes that show up.

etc.....

Here are the old updates:

UPDATE 6/26 4 AM Eastern: ESPN now is giving everyone access to 360 for free, so you can watch the games in the 360 player just by clicking here

I will work on finding direct ASX links for today's games which will provide better video without all the extra ESPN crap. CHECK BACK AT 1030 ET FOR UPDATES.

UPDATE 6/25 11:30 Eastern: This link is also taking me to England v Ecuador and presumably will work for Portugal v Netherlands later:
[espnevent1.espn.com.edgesuite...etherlands.asx]

UPDATE 6/25 11 AM Eastern: Links below are not working for many people. Thanks to minamelos for pointing out the issue. England v Ecuador can be seen using a 2 day old France link:

England v Ecuador
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
l
26 June 2006 17:59
PS: it is from US IP only
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook