Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Twenty of the greatest Muslim inventions
O
11 March 2006 21:56
How Islamic inventors changed the world
From coffee to cheques and the three-course meal, the Muslim world has given us many innovations that we take for granted in daily life. As a new exhibition opens, Paul Vallely nominates 20 of the most influential- and identifies the men of genius behind them

link :

[news.independent.co.uk]
i
14 March 2006 13:53
another great web site where u can c how the islamic inventions are present in our daily life!!!

[www.1001inventions.com]

enjoy ur heritagesmiling smiley
l
15 March 2006 18:28
i would rather prefer seeing islamic invention coming than listing what happened in the past

our ancestor were active thats why they were respected all over the world, now we are sleeping and u wonder why we have a low profile ? do not bother listing history since it wont add any value to our actual situation
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
g
17 March 2006 08:20
Thank you very mush for your lists guys. It really makes us proud to be muslims.

Unlike l9bi7, I believe that history is extremely important. It is more-so important since many westerners believe that it was their inventors and scientists who discovered pretty much everything. These lists show them that this is not always true. If you ask anyone in the western world who was the first man to say the earth is round, they would say Galileo, while that is not true, Nonetheless, they give him great importance. So, if they give their scientists and discovers importance, why shouldn't we!!!
History adds a lot of value, on the contrary, since it drives pride. One should be proud to be a muslim, and God knows how much I am, even though I was brought up the western way. Finally, I must say that there are still many arab and muslim scientists that are making huge discoveries and getting nobel prizes. Take. for example, the egyptian scientist Ahmed H. Zewail, who won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for his pioneering investigation of fundamental chemical reactions, using ultra- short laser flashes, on the time-scale on which the reactions actually occur.

We should all be proud of who we are, and again, HISTORY IS IMPORTANT!!!!!
l
19 March 2006 00:51
I am not against history, trust me, I am very proud to "correct" my coworker's mind about the discovery of cofee for example (from the Forse to keep awake for prayers) but I want to focuse more on what we are doing now !

See how desolating is our actual state because , we are very lazy or one is trying to steals his borther's !

common people, we are more than a billion, we can make a difference if we want to
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
M
21 March 2006 10:38
there are many inventions from Moslems in our days. just subhana Allah some people listen just to western media and repeat what they say.

the last thing happened in physics which is slowing down photon is made by a moslem from Turkie and chinese.
the last medication for some kind of blind people discovered by an Egyptian who inspired the Idea from the Quran surat Youssuf.

I know there are many, I gave those 2 examples as samples.

if you live in the west, you need turn Tv off to survive healthy. the west propaganda is enjoying bashing moslems and the weak moslems are the victims

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook