Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
To tsa7ar or not that is a Question
a
11 September 2007 21:25
With Ramadane upon on us i'am still in two mind to wake up for as7oure or not ?

What do you guys do ?
I normally do not wake up for it ,but this year i feel with the longer days i may have to !
M
12 September 2007 11:52
Hi atlas. The funny thing with me is that everytime i decide to wake up, i prepare all sorts of delicacies to eat and i go to bed dreaming of it and then when i wake up at shour, i'm not hungry and i barely eat and worse than that, i could never go back to sleep and the next day and i'm like a zombie ready to bite whoever dares speak to me grinning smiley

so this year remains to be seen. i will definitely wake up the first days and see how it goes. if i can't go back to sleep i may just log on to Yabi (tm)
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
s
12 September 2007 13:00
i have the same problem , even if i wake up i can not eat s7our because my stomach is still asleep
what i do is :i stay awake until 11:30 i eat then i sleep No s7our !!!!i have to wake up at 8 to be at work at 9 , the first few days are difficult but after a week my body get used to this routine Angel
a
12 September 2007 16:21
Minniemouse

Yabi at S7our time ? mama mia !

I dont know yet ,but normaly i never do i eat very late ,Superbill ,you stay up till 11:30 ! i never go to bed before 1 in normal days ! Ramadan its 2 & i do wake up at 07:30 to be at work for 9:00
You do ilike your beauty sleep thumbs up..........
s
12 September 2007 17:23
atlasmagic , if you want to stay young , minimise the numbers of wrinkles in your face , and you want to prolong your life you need to sleep 8 hours minimumOh1 oclock it is a bit late mate !!!!if i stay that late i wont be able to get up the following day or if i managed to get up i will be very moody at work ,
lack of sleep make me really exhausted specially late afternoons ahhh i just keep dragging my feet and looking at the clock
u right i like my beauty sleep thumbs up
my moto in ramadan: id rathher be hungry than lacking sleep sleeping
M
12 September 2007 18:04
lol, atlasmagic, you're so cool, i like that! Cool

I sleep late as well. Not that i don't like to sleep, but i have a disturbed sleep and i always get up early, so instead of sitting in bed counting the trains and crying over my lack of sleep, i sometimes get up and do the thigs that i didn't manage to do during the day...which i must admit, are mostly work related (yes i know, it's sad ).

Superbill, you're the wisest of all of us. Mind you, i don't really care about wrinkles and the youth of my skin, i care more about the quality of life so it doesn't really matter how many years i live providing i live a good life smiling smiley

Anyway, i suggest we all get up for the s7our on the first night and come on yabi to give our impressions grinning smiley
a
12 September 2007 23:53
Superbill

Well done for keeping to the healthy & the beauty option ,i am afraid i'am more of an Owl than an Early bird

Minnimouse look forwards to read your comment about the first s7our
r
13 September 2007 00:08
happy ramadan to superbill , minniemouse , atlas magic and to all the moroccan community in London ClapClap,
i really miss morocco in ramadan moody smiley
i am like superbill i dont ts7ar , it is too late to eat , i just eat my diner late and drink a lot of water to avoid dehydrartion .(tm)
a
13 September 2007 00:43
Ramadan Mobareke rosette1

We should try Ryanair for a long week end back home ,they have some good offers
M
14 September 2007 12:56
Happy ramadan Rosette!

so everyone,how did the first day go? we know it's the hardest day but for me it was ok despite the long day! in fact it's perfect for me because i got home at exactly 7h15, 5 mn before the iftar time, and found the table ready waiting for me grinning smiley

However, i didn't get up for the s7our because i'm exhausted this week. I think i will start getting up from Monday.

how about you all??
a
14 September 2007 13:41
First day was easy thank god !

No s7our ,made it home late but was in time for Laftour ok , i plan to wake up for some water but so far i missed out on both occasions
l
14 September 2007 16:15
sehour was not meant to be a solely refueling destination.
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
s
14 September 2007 22:23
atlas magic : to hear the alarm going off or not to hear the alarm that is the question spinning smiley sticking its tongue outonce i sleep it is difficult for me to get up in middle of the night to eat even if the german attacks i won t hear themsleepingsleepingor bush almighty dropps a bomb by mestake a friendly fire here i sleep really deeplysleepingsleepingi am a serial sleeper
a
14 September 2007 23:25
Superbill

It looks like all of us are no S7our people ,so we better stick at having enough water before going to bed .....
M
17 September 2007 10:57
Hi all,

right, I am very proud of myself as this morning i did manage to get up at 4:15 and have a nice breakfast!! smiling smiley even better, i actually managed to go back to sleep, which used to be impossible in the previous years. So far, i'm doing ok with a bit of caffeine in the blood, i should last for the whole day i hope!
a
17 September 2007 11:02
Hiya

So far i did not managed any ! but with a flue i think i could get a way with it so far !
Saturday i stayed up till 3:00 so its close enough ?
M
17 September 2007 11:03
lol, you're funny! you stayed up till 3?!! that's amazing!

by the way, are you in Paris yet??
a
17 September 2007 11:04
No taking the Eurostar in the PM
M
17 September 2007 11:07
cool. I like the eurostar, much better tha the plane and you arrive in the heart of paris.

so you're all set to meet aela tonight smiling smiley have fun
a
17 September 2007 11:11
Yes Euro is better except that i'am changing in Lille for Marne la Vallee !
Yes we could all meet Hicham is coming too ,only if you could make too !
M
17 September 2007 11:18
You're meeting Hicham too??? i spoke to him this morning, he didn't say anything!

i'm jealous now! i wish i was in paris too sad smiley
a
17 September 2007 11:26
Well alea told me she talked to him & he was up for it
It will be a short meet ,we meeting late & alea need to have an early night .....
M
17 September 2007 11:45
Ok i spoke to Hicham and he migh be meeting you tonight smiling smiley

well have a great time and spare a thought for us the poor ones who will be left behind sad smiley smiling smiley
a
17 September 2007 11:52
You welcome to take my seat !
Having to run from Mammersmith to Waterloo ,Lille for 1 hour then Marne La Vallee > Gare du Nord > return to MLV

Face the French in the am in a meeting with Tax office ! fun

Fasting + bunged up with flue sad smiley
M
17 September 2007 11:59
lol, not sure i want to take your seat! i just want to be transported from where i am to Montmartre or any other nice place in Paris, meet you all over dinner and then come back grinning smiley

you'll be fine, just take some medicine for the cold and wrap yourself in warm clothes. well if you are sick while travelling you know you don't have to fast!
a
17 September 2007 12:13
Montmartre ,Dinner with you guys sounds Fab

Travelling on eurostar & having flue are not enough reasons to not fast
But i had to winge for a bit ,you know bloks cannot hundle being sick .......blah blah
M
17 September 2007 12:19
that's fine, you can whinge as much as you can if it makes you feel better.

I'm sure aela and hicham will take care of you
a
17 September 2007 12:44
Cheers, i'am off now

I think the fact that you are not meeting us is not helping winking smiley
a
19 September 2007 16:21
horray

Managed to wake up @ 3:25 to have a drink , does this qualify as as7our ?
M
19 September 2007 16:48
Hi there!

how was Paris?? smiling smiley

You got up 1 hour before shour which is 4.43 am lol. But why did you have a drink only? is it because you can't eat in the morning?

I'm now getting up every morning, at 4h15, today i had a proper breakfast with croissants, jam, orange juice and coffee. I couldn't go back to sleep so i watched a bit of TV and coocked tonight's meal! i know i am amazing! grinning smiley
Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook