Tips for Beginning to Wear Hijab
m
10 August 2008 18:52
if you want to wear hijab, look that :

[www.muhajabah.com]
H
10 August 2008 23:37
Salam

Interesting and the topic is somewhat new in this forum, honestly i didn't read it all, just browsed into it, but the lines talking about khimar aroused my attention and i think that what is clear in the Quran is the Hijab and not KHimar, for me, wearing khimar is "ghoulou'w" exageration, the verse stating and asking the prophet's wives and daughters to wear covering clothes is very clear and do not mention anything such as covering the face and the hands...wa allah a3lam
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
m
11 August 2008 08:03
yes exactly hicham,

we have the same point of view concerning this subject.........
Hicham_A
Salam

Interesting and the topic is somewhat new in this forum, honestly i didn't read it all, just browsed into it, but the lines talking about khimar aroused my attention and i think that what is clear in the Quran is the Hijab and not KHimar, for me, wearing khimar is "ghoulou'w" exageration, the verse stating and asking the prophet's wives and daughters to wear covering clothes is very clear and do not mention anything such as covering the face and the hands...wa allah a3lam
m
11 August 2008 08:06
for those who have the intention to wear it :just read........

My Hijab Story :

SabiraB

Assalam-u-Alaikum Sisters,

I am 16 years of age and I have a very interesting story to tell. Ever since I could remember I had always worn a hijab but as soon as I turned 13 years old I decided I needed a change so I took my hijab off. (Astagfirullah) For three years I did not bother to wear my hijab as I was influenced by many of my friends. Then every Saturday I started to attend a women's gatheering at a local mosque. Here many of the women wore niqab and I used to look aat them wondering what it was like. I did not think they were odd, I knew that they were more courageous then myself because they were practising to live life in the Islamic way. Many stories were told about unveiling and the major sins they would carry out on the Day of Judgement. At the end of this gathering Dua's were said and how I cried when we did this. I wanted to feel closer to Allah because when my hijab came off Istarted drifting away. At this time in my life I was suffering a lot from a lot people. I felt helpless and wanted to feel loved. I wanted to be closer to Allah(SWT). After 3 years my friends who I was influenced by broke up with me and how they tormented me. Two of my other close freinds at that time knew that I was thinking about wearing the Hijab again but to be honest I was half-hearted about it. Then suddenly one afternoon as I returned from college I came home and went upto my room where I saw a hijab on my bed. I went into the bathroom and just put it on my head. The feeling in my heart was sensational. I felt complete. At that moment I started crying so much and the reason for this was that I had drifted away from this Islamic way of living life. I had drifted away from Allah(SWT) and at one time I would never miss my Salah but I had began to do so in the 3 years of my life. How I regretted this, I really wanted that time back but I was asking for something that was impossible. As I was going into the living room many thoughts went through my mind but I wasn't going to let anyone stand in my way this time. My parents were really happy when they saw me in my Hijab and so were my grandparents. Everyone thought I really looked nice. One thing my uncle said to me will always remain with me until I die. He said " Now you have practised to wear the Hijab just remember this, never take it off. You have decided to live this way now stick to it." The next day I was to go to college. I was really nervous but at the same time I was determined not to let anyone get to me. I woke up in the morning and headed off with my two good friends who were praising me. When I got to college I felt that all eyes were on me and I wasn't wrong. Many remarks were made " why have you worn that for" I simply replied that the time was right. But the worst remarks came from my friends who I was influenced by. Being Muslims themselves I thought they would understand but they didn't and they swore at me for wearing a hijab. Swears that I copuld not even imagine I just burst into tears but I didn't lose hope. I faced them all and mashaallah I still haven't taken my hijab off. It will stay on my head until the day they put me in my grave. I am really upset with myself because I can't take no more pain. But I still have the courage to face life and take whatever it gives me. I remember Allah in my Salah and I really cry whenever I pray. I ask Allah to forgive me and guide me through my life. I am always crying and asking Allah to forgive me for being a bad person and I ask Allah to forgive me for making many mistakes in my life. In the month of Ramadhan I am going to perform Umrah (Inshaallah) and I am really happy. Once I go there I am going to ask Allah to forgive me and when I return I am going to become a changed person(Inshaallah). I am going to start wearing a nikab and live life in accordance to the Holy Book. I thank Allah for everything he has given me but mostly I would like to thank Allah for giving me the courage to face through everything. I know my story is different but I felt I had to share it with other sisters. May Allah take care of you all and may Allah give you the courage to do more to attain your place in Jannah.(Inshaallah) Khuda Hafiz
m
11 August 2008 08:08
i'm going to post one story a day about how ours sisters came to wear hijab.....
a
11 August 2008 12:53
Most teenagers, most girls at the age of 13-16 behave that way they are not bad persons they are trying to develop their personality.
I have to admit I haven’t read all of your post (just lazy). I am a bit lost for speech if I have to comment about any story regarding Hijab, negab and kh9obab.
Islam is a flexible religion. Behaving as a good Muslim has nothing to do with just looking Muslim. One Muslim can trip over his beard and commit more sins than a non believer. A lady could cover her head and show off her behind instead.
We should promote our religion as being the best morals and best virtues doctrine on earth. We have to show the West that we are pacifistic in our talks and don’t believe in fights because we are Muslim (the meaning of Islam).
As humans we tend to criticise the unusual the odd ones around us. In a society where the majority are wearing Hijab, it make sense to wear one if you want to be criticised you remove it. In the pack where the majority are not wearing it, in my opinion is down to the individual to decide if they deem it necessary to be worn or not.
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
m
12 August 2008 11:28
i totally agree wiht you concerning the fact that behaviour is the most important,

but as far as i'm concerned,i'll say that the hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet

(pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an: `It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger

have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision.

And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S33:36).

Moreover,islam is a low progression during all the life,and the appearance must be in adequacy

to believes......

adds
Most teenagers, most girls at the age of 13-16 behave that way they are not bad persons they are trying to develop their personality.
I have to admit I haven’t read all of your post (just lazy). I am a bit lost for speech if I have to comment about any story regarding Hijab, negab and kh9obab.
Islam is a flexible religion. Behaving as a good Muslim has nothing to do with just looking Muslim. One Muslim can trip over his beard and commit more sins than a non believer. A lady could cover her head and show off her behind instead.
We should promote our religion as being the best morals and best virtues doctrine on earth. We have to show the West that we are pacifistic in our talks and don’t believe in fights because we are Muslim (the meaning of Islam).
As humans we tend to criticise the unusual the odd ones around us. In a society where the majority are wearing Hijab, it make sense to wear one if you want to be criticised you remove it. In the pack where the majority are not wearing it, in my opinion is down to the individual to decide if they deem it necessary to be worn or not.
m
12 August 2008 11:29
an other story :

Assalamu Alaikum all

Well, let me start my story off. In high school I was in all the clubs and organizations and wasn't very religious. I only read Fajr or if possible Magrib. I had many friends in which I would go to girls only parties but I'd be the one dancing with them. I only knew one sis who wore hijab and she work makeup and contacts with it and others who came to school and would take it off and when going home put it back on or the other sister who would put it halfway and strut themselves in the halls of high school. I wanted to start wearing the Hijab during my senior year but I said to myself "oh I'll wear it a little bit later when I'm older". Well time passed and I went off to college, all my friends went to different colleges and I was all by myself not knowing anyone. The first wekk of class I didn't observe hijab. I had all guys and Indian/paki girls becoming my friends. I met this brother and I was talking to him about Islamic information and I told him I felt that I might be ready to wear hijab but wasn't quite sure. I told him well I don't have a hijab just bandanna's. The next day he bought me a nice black hijab. At first I was overwhelmed by it but SubhanAllah I thanked him for it. It was a Friday and he asked when will you wear it I told him I would see. I thought about what eh said that Lifes too short to think that Oh I'll wear it when I'm older because what if you don't even reach your next birthday? You could die in a blink of an eye and what will you have to show for your deeds? so on Monday I wore it and when I was leaving my house my mother and father were in shock. They were like when did you start this???? They didn't stop me from wearing it but the challenge was in the classes. I went to my programming class and some of my so-called friends were like "hey Take off those curtains (my name)" They were like "What happend to you it looks nasty!" Right then I knew they didn't see me for who I truly am. They left and I was all alone the ppl who helped me were other hijabi sisters. I joined the Islamic club and learned so much. I started prayed five times a day and yearning to learn more about Islam. In a way I am a pioneer in my family my mothers side doesn't wear hijab or my fathers. well my Aunt of fathers side wears burqa but not the type in afganistan. Even my own cousin said whats wrong with you? I stopped hanging out with her and others who would give bad representation. I stopped watching Indian movies/songs and have halted dancing with some of my friends. Alhumdullilah I feel relieved by wearing the hijab it been 3 years now and I am so glad I made my decision before it's too late

Allah Hafiz all

I hope I didn't bore you all
h
29 May 2013 20:57
salam everyone !
i am 16 years old .At the age of 14 i started wearing dupatta (a piece of cloth )on my head .but i dont wear it when i go for outting with my friends. Now i m 16 and i really want to wear hijab evertwhere even with my friends .Just guide me what hijab is . covering your head n chest n wearing lose clothes ? or wearing a abaya ?
S
5 July 2013 04:42
Hi I am 13 years old and am going to grade 8 [after summer]. After grade 8 I will change schools and move to a high school. I am a person who sometimes over thinks... and worries about what other people will think of me... Luckily, I met a great friend (who is not Muslim) and is helping me lose this bad habit. Anyways, I think that it is pretty important that I wear a scarf sooner or later... and because i overthink I started thinking what if no one will want to marry me if i DONT wear a scarf... I just dont know.... So I was thinking because of these bad habits I cpuld start when i go to highschool... so I dont have to face what other people think... because they have already seen me without a scarf.... and in highschool most people wont be going to the same highschool as me... I was thinking of wearing one in grade 9 [highschool] and not wear in grade 8... so i dont have to face the trouble... What do you think?
D
10 July 2013 06:31
Assalamualaikum wbtsmiling smiley

Hi there. I'm a Malaysian and I was born as a Muslim, Alhamdulillah smiling smiley I'd like to share my opinions about being criticised by friends about wearing hijab.

It's too often that I hear my beloved sisters in deen who are trying hard to make their change saying that,

"People looked at me with that nasty look. As if I am wearing something that makes their eyes sore."

Or some may go off saying,

"My best friends are avoiding me. They told me I look weird wearing veil and the wanted the old me."

But somehow, some were so strong to say,

"Alhamdulillah, I am doing this (wearing hijab, covering aurah) to please my Creator. Allah, The Rightful to Bestow."

Firstly, we must know why we exist in this world, my dear sisters.

"And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me." [Adh Dhariyyat: 56]

In the Quran it is clearly stated that we are here in this dunya to please Allah, not human beings or to follow the trend of wearing colourful, stylish hijabs or niqabs.

So why must the unwise judgments get into our way when we know that we are making our change to be a better muslimah to seek the please of Allah?

The more effort we put into the obeying Allah, deen of Allah, the more rewards we will get, in shaa Allah!

Indeed, they who have believed and done righteous deeds- those are the best of creatures. [Al Bayyinah:7]

Remember that we are donning the veil because Allah commanded us to do so. smiling smiley

May Allah bless us all & grant us Jannah. Allahumma Ameen! ^^

Regards, Dr.Nisa' smiling smiley
x
28 June 2014 02:43
Asalem Alaykom sisters smiling smiley

I am 14 years old and this summer I'm going to be a freshmen inshallah. Now I know almost half the people that will be going to the same high school I will be going to. Mind you I am a beginner, I have considered wearing the hijab but I really need some advice, how to act, what to do. I wore the hijab outside of the house before and I got many looks, how do I control that?

Thank you... smiling smiley

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook