Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
TIME is like a sword???
S
31 August 2008 00:04
Hi there,

Hope you are all doing fine and that the summer time was great!

Someone once told me: Time is like a sword; if you don't cut it, it will end up cutting you."

How do you understand this saying?

Thanks for your participation.

Kind Regards,

Latifa
Elegance is an attitude[i]Thank you, my dear friends, for all your sweet messages, I love you too...[/i]
H
31 August 2008 00:25
Salam

This a very famous proverb in moroccan schools in the late seventies and eighties, i remember hung boards with proverbs written in Arabic calligraphy everywhere ...well, this proverb means simply a "sustainable" use of time, if i may say so.., not wasting time, otherwise, the outcome will be desastrous...any you know what it an apposite topic, as it is cutting my head off, Thanx for reminding ....smiling smiley
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
S
31 August 2008 16:21
Salam,

Yes, we should use our time wisely and not just laze around. Every single minute counts.
Time is precious,so it's important to make good use of it.
Never say, I still have time!!!! It's not true, we never have time.

As I always say: The past is over, the future is still far away but the present is yours...

So Enjoy your time being and Don't be a couch potato!

Best Wishessmiling smiley
Elegance is an attitude[i]Thank you, my dear friends, for all your sweet messages, I love you too...[/i]
a
1 September 2008 13:06
hi

I hate it this saying i have heard it all the time in school !!

I do understand it now ,but did hating .........
M
1 September 2008 13:42
lol, me too!! i used to know loads of these

but the one that hung into memory was one invented by the pupils at the time. I remember arriving on the morning of the exams (4eme annee college) and there was this huge graffiti on the front wall written in bold blue ink so that no one would miss it and saying : "man na9ala inta9ala waman i3tamada 3ala nafsihi ba9ia fi 9ismihi" ptdr. So true though!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2008 01:43 by Minniemouse.
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
i
24 November 2008 23:55
hi friend, time can't cut you if you enjoy it , as bob dy lan said time is an ocean but it ends at the shore. said from cannes
a
25 November 2008 11:27
-What time is it?perplexe
-Its 9 am.Danse
-No it isn't, its 9 pm.No no
Time goes by quicker if you are using every second of it. the Clock almost stops if you are leading a boring life.sleeping
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook