Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Tattoos....Halal or Haram?
i
31 March 2008 21:33
Salam all,

I have been asked if tattoos are haram or hallal or mokarrahe?
I was told many eplainations and many opinions about it and I'm not sure which one is correct. Some of them say that tattoos are haram because the human body should remain in the same image that God gave us. Others say that once you get a tattoo then it becomes a part of the body and it's ok to keep it. Is there a verse in Quran or hadite nabawi sharif talking about this matter?

Thanks
M
1 April 2008 10:03
Salam. I can't say if they are haram or not but to say that " once you get a tattoo then it becomes a part of the body and it's ok to keep it" is a complete nonsense!! This also applies to cosmetic surgery, or getting blue contact lenses when you have brown eyes, or getting bleached like freaky Michael Jackson!! Changing your apperance is unnatural and any new physical attribute is stranger to your body no matter how natural it looks on you, and tatooes are even worse because nobody is born wearing them so they can never look natural.

If you want a religious opinion, try asking your question in the islam forum.
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
H
1 April 2008 12:59
Salam

I found this translation of a "Sahih" Hadith, true and verified, meaning there is no place for doubt that is Haram..

In al-Saheehayn it is narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “May Allaah curse the women who do tattoos and those for whom tattoos are done, those who pluck their eyebrows and those who file their teeth for the purpose of beautification and alter the creation of Allaah.” (al-Bukhaari, al-Libaas, 5587; Muslim, al-Libaas, 5538)
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
I
4 April 2008 04:26
Friend,
This my personal opinion and has nothing to do with halal or haram.
-<only cattle get branded> I hope this will help you decide.
a
4 April 2008 11:59
What has it got to do with “Hall or Haram”? Wearing Adidas or Nike or the price of fish for that matter?

Been real Muslim in heart is more importsant than tripping over your beard.

\\\\\//////
Adidas and no bol….
H
4 April 2008 12:13
Salam ADDS

I see what you mean, but wearing a shoe, might be adidas or Nike or chakhramanco, is uncomparable to tattoo..

what you said about the Heart is true, but Islam is also about behaviour, and it is not à la carte, meaning to choose whatever you like and neglect whatever donot suits you (i'm not talking about u)

If one wants to know what traditional texts say about an issue or another, generally, the texts are there, and it is up to every one to respect them or not

Islam is not Dadaism or hippism, it is a "Deen", and it about submitting oneself to this "Deen" that is also a system of codes, it is not surely a customized practice..

Salam
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
M
4 April 2008 14:08
Hicham, you have to tell me where i can get chakhramanco shoes!!!!
a
4 April 2008 15:19
Salam Hicham

As I said before you are right and I am wrong again.tongue sticking out smiley
I just love the tattoos in Hanna on those ladies who visited Abd Alkarim in jamaa lafna, the beauty, they like tattoos on very intimate places and Abd Elkarim is seriously religious so he said...." Wa Allah a3lam"

Allah is beautiful and loves the beauty. I am his weak slave; I just adore it …..

Please Allah strengthen my faith in front of the beauty of your creatures

\\\\////

Adidas unique beauty
H
4 April 2008 20:42
Hi Minne

Soon, i'm launching a new choes brand, the market will be overwhelmed by chakhramanco and i'm recruiting, do you like to join our team...

Adds, Hanna is something else i suppose, iwas talking about real tattoo.. there is no harm in loving beauty, on the contrary, it is something very healthy i think, though sometimes devastating , especially when it comes to a princess beauty tongue sticking out smiley tongue sticking out smiley....
a
8 April 2008 12:27
Tatoo in sticker or in Hanna is something else, so an emitation bottle of Jhony walker or slow gin is halal to carry and one can pretends to drink it?

\\\///
Adidas harallal
l
8 April 2008 19:05
if it is permanant it is not permitted while it is ok to have a non-permanent one.

it is haram because of the way it is injected onto the skin and killing skin cells. anythink that hurts your body is forbidden.
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
i
14 April 2008 02:54
Minniemouse

me toooooo grinning smiley

hope that will be like skerchers

PS: excusez mon anglais, i m trying to improve it grinning smiley
[center]Une seule et unique :zen: I S L A H :zen: [/center]
M
14 April 2008 10:02
islah
Minniemouse

me toooooo grinning smiley

hope that will be like skerchers

PS: excusez mon anglais, i m trying to improve it grinning smiley

Hey Islah, good to have you on board!! don't worry your english is better than many natives winking smiley
a
14 April 2008 11:12
l9bi7
if it is permanant it is not permitted while it is ok to have a non-permanent one.

it is haram because of the way it is injected onto the skin and killing skin cells. anythink that hurts your body is forbidden.

How about skin graft, artificial hand and leg, laser treatments (hair removal and eye treatment), boob job and beauty therapy surely they are Haram too?

\\\\////

Adidas tatoos hallal
i
14 April 2008 13:28
Minniemouse
Hey Islah, good to have you on board!! don't worry your english is better than many natives winking smiley

Thanks minie yawning smiley
l
16 April 2008 00:35
if they are for health purposes yes treatment has never been prohibited
if only to change one's body that's not permitted

adds
l9bi7

How about skin graft, artificial hand and leg, laser treatments (hair removal and eye treatment), boob job and beauty therapy surely they are Haram too?

\\\\////

Adidas tatoos hallal
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
i
16 April 2008 00:55
l9bi7
if they are for health purposes yes treatment has never been prohibited
if only to change one's body that's not permitted
yes i agree, if just for changing our body, to have different look it's prohibited but if our health depend on these stuffs, it's permitted
a
17 April 2008 01:01
you mean like a lady model her job depend on her boobs? so its hallal she is still a women and just infalting them with some silicon animal free. these staff do not intefer with cells or body tissues. one can enlarge anything they wish with it without any major risk except the brain.

\\\\/////

Adidas d I Y
i
17 April 2008 03:34
adds
you mean like a lady model her job depend on her boobs? so its hallal she is still a women and just infalting them with some silicon animal free. these staff do not intefer with cells or body tissues. one can enlarge anything they wish with it without any major risk except the brain.

\\\\/////

Adidas d I Y

I don't think so, because her life don't depend on her boobs

if she can't do a model, she should change her job evil
l
18 April 2008 08:21
adds

\\\\/////

Adidas d I Y

i think you are just out of context and just try to be a clown.

as they say in french "monsieur l'interessant"
a
21 April 2008 14:33
Sometimes one has to think alone instead of making it known that one knows better eye popping smiley

\\\\////
Adidas Best tattoo
v
22 April 2008 05:12
in my opiniond and speaking with lots of other fellows on this issue.noone has ever agreed upon saying that it is permissible to get tattos done. so in other words its NOT allowed in islam to alter the beauty given by allah
a
26 April 2008 14:31
azul,
tattoos are haram it is a sort of" wachm" and the prophet peace be upon him has mentioned that in the hadith where he said about tattoos"la3ana allaho alwachima walmostawchima"that is to say damn to those who tattooed and those who do the job.about Henna i guess that it is not a sort of tattoo.
thanks.
yours agntif76
k
29 April 2008 04:06
AssalamoAlaikom,

regardless it's Halal or Haram, Tattoos are not natural and 've nothing to do with beauty. Interprete was so much eloquent to define tatoos.

Hicham A: i'm ready to make partnership with you to promote your brandthumbs up. It can really work out especially a so-called branded plimsoll is now declaring bankrupt. i guess its commercial representative lucks the art to advertize and draw public attention moreover he ignores the right place where to do itgrinning smiley
a
2 June 2008 23:04
having a tatto is forbidden that's mean harram there is a hadith but in arabic: &#1604;&#1593;&#1606; &#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1607; &#1575;&#1604;&#1608;&#1575;&#1588;&#1605;&#1575;&#1578; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1587;&#1578;&#1608;&#1588;&#1605;& amp;#1575;&#1578; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1606;&#1575;&#1605;&#1589;&#1575;&#1578; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1578;&#1606;&#1605;&#1589;&#1575;& amp;#1578; &#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1578;&#1601;&#1604;&#1580;&#1575;& amp;#1578; &#1604;&#1604;&#1581;&#1587;&#1606; &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1594;&#1610;&#1585;&#1575;&#1578; &#1582;&#1604;&#1602; &#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1607; and thats mean god will take people who had a tattto from his mercy. and if you are out of his mercy in the end , when you will meet allah, you will be in bad sutation
2 June 2008 23:57
We cannot read your posted hadith...Can you do something?
a
3 June 2008 10:32
Makrooh is not Haram. What is Haram is clearly forbidden by Allah subhanaho wa ta3ala.
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
A
5 June 2008 01:08
Tatoos are allowed for douchebags.
f
20 August 2010 17:05
Tatoo is haram, based on this hadith "May Allaah curse the women who do tattoos and those for whom tattoos are done, those who pluck their eyebrows and those who file their teeth for the purpose of beautification and alter the creation of Allaah.” (al-Bukhaari, al-Libaas, 5587; Muslim, al-Libaas, 5538)"
but if removing the tattoo would hurt the body, for example causes death or losing part of your body function, then it's okay to keep it.
3 September 2010 21:38
Tattos are forbidden for so many reasons...

For health issues, many people get poisoned because of tatoos. This is enough to make it a forbidden practice.

And I dont care about the modern methods and how safe they are...

Second, tatoos gather attention, like jewelry or such... For this reason, they have a bad influence on society. People have to shine with skills, intelligence, good reputation etc... Not with things we can buy.

You have to ask yourself if it's a good thing to get a tatoo? and why is it a good thing? If you take it to impress girls, to gather attention on your body etc... These are negatives things...

Tatoos wont make society a better place, so Islam have no room for this practice...
Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook