Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Surrogate mother and Islam???
N
28 décembre 2004 23:57
Salam alaykum,

I read the news below and my first thought is "Is this accepted in Islam?" To me this is not but to make sure I bringing to all of you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woman, 55, gives birth to 3 grandchildren
Agrees to serve as surrogate for her own daughter

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A 55-year-old woman acting as a surrogate for her daughter gave birth to triplets today.
Tina Cade gave birth to her own grandchildren — two boys and one girl — by Caesarean section at Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital. She experienced “mild complications,” which the hospital said is not uncommon for such surgery.

Cade carried the babies for her oldest daughter, Camille Hammond, who suffers from endometriosis, a condition that affects the lining of the uterus and makes it difficult to become pregnant.

Hammond and her husband, Jason, both doctors at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, had tried for four years to become pregnant. Last winter, Cade began hormone treatment to prepare her for pregnancy, and in the spring she was implanted with three test-tube embryos. All three survived.

Jason Hammond said his mother-in-law was resting and “doing fantastic.” He added, “We are so excited. We are really blessed.”

The boys weighed four pounds, nine ounces, and three pounds, 12 ounces; the girl weighed four pounds, 10 ounces.

The National Center for Health Statistics said 12 children were born in 2002 to women ages 50 to 54 who carried triplets. The centre does not maintain statistics for women 55 and over.

Cade is director of multicultural affairs at the University of Richmond.

k
29 décembre 2004 00:17
what the weather like in canada?

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Facebook