Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
new singer of the SUGABABES is moroccan
f
23 December 2005 00:43
Sugababes reveal new line-up

l-r: Keisha Buchanan, Heidi Range, Amelle Berrabah
The Sugababes have revealed a brand new line-up and released a picture of their latest recruit just 24 hours after Mutya Buena officially announced she was quitting the all-girl group.

The new 'babe is 21-year-old Amelle Berrabah from Hampshire. Amelle, who is of Moroccan descent, said: "For years I've dreamt of breaking into the music business but never did I dream of waking up one day to be the third Sugababe! When their manager approached me with the offer, I was in such a state of shock that I couldn't even answer him!"

Amelle's new bandmate Keisha Buchanan said: "When we met Amelle for the first time, it all just felt so right. We can't wait for next year to show her off."

Heidi Range added: "Our management introduced us to Amelle as someone they knew with an amazing voice, who looked great and, just as important, was already a big fan of the band.

"When we all met her we instantly knew that she was the only person who could share the rest of the journey with us."

Amelle has already re-recorded all the vocals for the group's next single Red Dress - set for release on March 6.

Mutya took the decision to leave the band in order to spend more time with her baby daughter Tahlia. The band's manager is keen to assure fans that Heidi, Keisha and Mutya split on good terms. Mutya said: "I've enjoyed an unbelievable career so far and I'm so proud of what we've achieved with Sugababes over the years. My decision to leave the band at this point is based purely on my personal reasons."

Next: Did Take That's Jason light Lulu's fire? >>

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook