Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
The Remembrance of Allah (Dhikr)
A
1 décembre 2004 20:45
Asalamo 3alaikom,

veuillez trouver ci desous un excellent article sur "Dhikr":

The Remembrance of Allah (Dhikr)
"O ye who believe! Remember Allah, with much remembrance; and glorify Him moring and evening." (Quran, 33:41-42)
Dhikr (the remembrance of Allah) holds a high rank of importance in Islam. It has clear and distinct manners, which can be carried out in many different ways.

1. The Importance of Dhikr "The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, used to remember Allah (SWT) in all cases and situations." (Dawud, Tirmidhi, Muslim)
Dhikr develops taqwa (the consciousness of Allah) and tawakkul (trust in Allah), which are important aspects of iman (faith).
A man once told the Prophet (SAW), "The roads to good are many and I am unable to take all of them, so please tell me something to which I can hold fast, but do not overburden me lest I forget it." The Prophet (SAW) replied, "Make sure that your tongue is moist and supple with the rememberance of Allah, the Exalted." (At-Tirmidhi)

The Rewards and The Formulae
Shaikh al-Haddad gives a beautiful explanation of some of the more common dhikr: Subhanallah (Tasbih) Glorified is Allah
Tasbih is an affirmation of the transcendence and holiness of the Real. It is to believe in His Exaltation and His being totally beyond comparison as regards His Essence, attributes, and actions. Its result is to make one's tawhid (belief in the Oneness of God) clear and unblemishe, and to fill up the heart with the glory of Allah, and the uniqueness of His Perfection. To Him is the highest analogy in the heavens and on earth. (30:27)
La ilaha ill'allah (Tahlil) There is no god but Allah
Tahlil brings forth renewal of one's faith in Allah.
Allahu Akbar (Takbir) Allah is the Greatest
Takbir inspires reverence and magnification of Him Who is the Posessor of Majesty (dhu'l-jalaal)
Alhamdulillah (Tahmid) All Praise is for Allah
Tahmid develops gratitude (shukr), firm hope, and love of Allah - for it is inevitable that one who does good will be loved.
La Hawla wa la quwwata illa billah" (Hawqala) There is no strength nor power save by Allah
Hasbuna'llah wa ni`ma'l wakeel (Hasbala) Allah is enough for us, and a fine Guardian
The Hawqala and the Hasbala result in reliance (tawakkul) on Allah, surrendering the management of one's affairs to Him, and placing one's trust in Him.
Istighfar, particularly by repeating "Astaghfirullah", I seek the forgiveness of Allah
Istighfar results in upright piety, care about the conditions necessary for repentance, and extricating oneself from snares of rebellion.

2. The Manners of Dhikr
In order to obtain and maximize the reward of dhikr, one must follow the proper etiquettes of dhikr. First, one should make dhikr with humility, sobriety and reflection on the meaning of the du`a (supplication). When we converse with others, we expect to receive their attention. Therefore, we should give Allah our undivided attention when we supplicate to Him. Second, the voice must be lowered to avoid disruption of others making dhikr. Furthermore, it is important to say the supplication in a moderate pace. Many times after salat we see others rushing when asking Allah (SWT) for forgiveness; one can see their fingers moving rapidly as they cound the number of times they have completed tasbeeh.,br> It is better to supplicate to Allah (SWT) a small number of times observing the manners of dhikr, rather than rushing through a multitude of supplications: quality is more important than quantity.

3. Types and Ways of Carrying Out Dhikr
Aside from the common supplication of the tongue, praising and thanking Allah, reading the Qur'an, and so on, dhikr can take many other forms.
The first dhikr of the eyes, lowering your gaze (ghadd al-basr) and crying from immense feeling towards Allah (SWT).
The second is dhikr of the ears, listening to the Qur'an with the intention of receiving guidance, and not listening to what Allah dislikes.
On the other hand, dhikr of the hands can be helping the poor and doing good with your hands to please Allah.
Moreover, dhikr of the heart is, for example, to be sincere and to have firm belief. Finally, dhikr of the soul (nafs) can be having hope in mercy of Allah, dependence on Allah without being extreme ("tie the camel and then depend on Allah"winking smiley and to believe in Allah with fear, hope and love respectively.
Thus, it is important to utilize as many body parts as possible in performing dhikr. These same body parts will be witnesses for you or against you in the Day of Judgement; dhikr is an act of worship that can bring joy for us on this day.

Forms of Dhikr
Furthermore, dhikr can take many forms:
a. regretting what you have done and making repentence (tawba)
b. abandoning your bad habits and making intentions to do good
c. careful reflection and thinking of Allah's creation (tafakkur)
d. seeking knowledge to please Allah
e. earning a living in a halal manner without cheating anyone
f. to have taqwa, to say Allah is watching over me and to have constant fear of Allah in your heart, is the best dhikr

source : "[www.erin.utoronto.ca];

3alaikom asalam

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Facebook