Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
How often do you feel the urge to visit Leblad?
a
21 March 2005 12:01
How often do you feel the urge to visit Leblad?

As the years pass, I feel, unfortunately, less and less wanting to go, yet I love Morocco and adore my family and friends.
Are there others who feel the same, or is it just me?
I have great family and many many good friends out there, like all of you, but I’m feeling the rift widening when it comes to visiting and connecting with leblad.
I hope it’s just me, and no one else feels like that.
Cheers,
Almot
G
21 March 2005 23:24
Leblad, it's a long time. I prefer visited other countries, like Sweden, not for girls only but also for its climate in the summer.winking smiley

Leblad at summer feels very noisy with many problems; do you know what i mean?

fill in with brothers like us, with big car, wearing new clothes, and so on,... they like parking their cars in the middle of the street, turn on the tape with loudness RNB's music disturbing the world.

This is the Leblad,
A
22 March 2005 00:17
Assalamo 3alikom,

Brother almotanabi,

I must admit that I feel the same way as you do, in fact my only link with Morocco is my family.
I feel that people grow new roots when they go somewhere new, and their identity changes as part of this process. So for me I don't feel a particular belonging to Morocco, I feel more at home around other Muslims, whatever their nationality or culture. Muslims have the same common concerns and world view, and so I feel more belonging with them.

As far as travelling to Morocco, I always try to avoid summer as it is the worst period of time to visit. Ramadan is by far the best time to visit my family and allows me to do all the necessary things for Ramadan far more easily than in a Western country during that time.

Salaam.

d
22 March 2005 04:47
My friend Almotanabi,

You are not alone to feel that way. Although I don't have any passion nor attachment for morrocco, I go there each summer, just to visit the family and chare with them good memories. I just lost may father a year ago and I may say I was lucky because I was with him just 3 months before he passed away (Allah yrahmou).

Some peaple prefer to visit other countries during their vacations as mentioned by Nizar. For me it is out of question. The only place where I refresh my ideas is morocco.

Two years ago I was in morocco during the period of ramadan and contrary to Arabi 77, I did not like it, many things gave changed during this holy month, it was completely different to ramadan I knew during my childhood.

Regards

Doukkali,
l
22 March 2005 06:31
I just learned that This is year i am denied to go outside USA

sad smiley

li bgha l3ssel yssber ala kriss nhel !
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
a
22 March 2005 12:32
Hello All,

Well, I have to say that your replies make me feel ok about having those feelings. And I agree with what you said, our families remain the attraction as the atmosphere in leblad had changed and is no longer what we grew up seeing. There was I time where I almost bought a house out there, and thank god I didn’t, because I don’t think I would’ve been able to use it.

My dear friend Doukkali, in regards to your father, inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raajoune.
As for brother 19bi7, and if I may, why are you denied going out of the USA? I hope it’s just papers problem…
salaam,
Almot
l
23 March 2005 03:45
Hi Almotanabi !

i am on my last year of my education here, I plan to apply for the O.P.T. program inchae allah. In doing so I shall not go outside the USA so that my application should be considered valid .

I will miss the family there, and also the culture smiling smiley but sacrifice is needed in life ...

well who know which is worth more ! the trip to morocco or the O.p.t which can be without employment as well
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
Y
23 March 2005 16:49
It doesn't matter when I visit because the only reason I go there is Family! I spend most of my time at home with my brother and We go out for stroll once the streets and bolevards are quiet!
It's hard to go there and not feel annoyed by lots of things! Wonder why? Is it the sense of detachment? Is it the need to see some positive change? Your thoughts!
A
24 March 2005 02:07

I believe most of us feel often the urge to visit Lblad, but we feel frustrated to accomplish that smiling smiley. there is no doubt alots off things missing in this puzzle... we are for lblad but not the way we see it!
a
25 March 2005 22:46
Dear Brothers,

I felt the same for 15 years. Going to lblad once every 3 years and being fed up of witnessing a country going backward.

However, time goes on, and I feel that a contribution from me (according to my skills) will be useful.
So, I go quite often now, and try to set a network with friends, ex-neighbours and other competent people over there.

It's not a big event, but it's a step forward. If I can make life enjoyable for just one child (from a poor background), I think I would have done the minimum required.

I believe that families and friends are the basics of a good life. There is a time to forget, but there is a time to recall. Nobody can scratch your back other than your family (with its inconveniences). We have new friends in the country we live in, and it's got a useful purpose, as far as we keep in touch with the neighbourhood we grow up with (that we Know more than anybody else.

I might be wrong, but it's a point of view among others.
A
26 March 2005 08:05

don't you see the need for people like me and you to come together and build a strong association abraod to go to Lblad? like that we may impose some changes there not just keep dreaming...
a
26 March 2005 10:37
Allah_yakhud_Alhaq,
that's a great idea, but like what kind of association you're thinking about?
cheers,
Almot
A
26 March 2005 11:08
association of free moroccan people who doesn't belong to any useless party of Morocco. the target is to simplify the life for any of us who want go visit his or her home. the association should be scientific one! we should do our best to give services to anybody abroad to visit home without problems with the Moroccan authorities and administration. If something strong and positive who want just work from us for us, I will not mind to be part of it and help in growing it. we should make smart and strict laws in this association to make sure that all of those useless parties, who brought us nothing positive, stay away of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2005 11:10 by Allah_yakhud_Alhaq.
a
26 March 2005 19:11
It is a good suggestion from Allah_yakhud_Alhaq.

My option is based on creating a school for children, somewhere forgotten by the authorities. There are many skillful people around in Morocco, and others from outside will follow when the evidence will be there.

We can not motivate our community if there is no concrete purpose on the ground. So I will call for help when I will feel that the plan worth the move.
The association has no meaning if at least one of us doesn't experience the project and therefore is not aware about the needs and problems we will have to face.

Concerning the political side, It is a mistake to concider that we can go around. The only point to bother about is to know what are our interests and the guarantee with it.
But it's a problem that will arise later on, so it is not my main concern at the moment.

I know by experience that there are some people in the governement, very powerful (ex students in France, having a faith) and ready to do their bit if they meet honest people.

It is important to know that there are already some honest associations already in place that can help.

I am still searching my way, so I am still building the project I believe in.

If you're looking for a hand concerning your field, I am sure there are many of us who can help. Try to see what you want to focus on first, which kind of people you have to get in touch with on the ground, and then you can suggest your plan for some of us competent concerning your objective.

L
28 March 2005 15:16
Well, I miss my home town Marrakech, almost every day...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2005 03:19 by Latifa-1st.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook