Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
need your help, for translation
B
18 May 2005 18:10
Hi everybody,

I have a little service to ask you!
Would you give me the equivalent in french:
- affiliate marketing: s'agit il des filliales?
- leads: mais pas dans le sens de mener ou de chef de fil, mais plus dans le contexte d'un accroissement...
- metric: jconnais le systeme de la metrique, mais je ne vois pas ce que ca peut avoir en rapport avec le marketing

Merci par avance!
a
19 May 2005 13:19
Dear Casaouya,

Translation of specific words depends on their context in the text where they are used. so It would be more useful to post a consistent paragraph with these words instead of asking literal translation of these words…
B
19 May 2005 17:05
Dear Alximo,

First of all, thank you for your answer...
You are right, with a consistent paragraph it's better but I thought that anybody won't read it!

For "affiliate marketing":
Successful "affiliate marketing" programs require proactive communication, marketing, and ingenuity. By adding a trusted third-party affiliate program to existing online marketing efforts, it becomes easier to get the attention of potential affiliates and recruit them, which increases the ROI of the program.

For "leads":
Leads Customers Growth (LCG) offers customized services to meet your specific business goals, by increasing "leads" and sales via direct, tactical marketing.

For metric:
LCG provides a "system of metrics" and reporting which allow management to properly allocate resources, and identify opportunities of improvement of generating leads and sales.

Thank you in advance!
c
23 May 2005 01:30
Hello casawiya,

Affiliate Marketing:

In a way you explained it in the text under it. It is not "filliales" in french. Affiliate in this case is to attach or connect a person or a society with a larger organization.
For companies, is to adopt societies as branches, and or to associate a company, an organization or a person to a society.

Leads:

I think in that sentence "leads" means go first, be ahead in a grwoth or be pre-eminent in some fields (in this case, sale).

Metric:

Metric is what is metrical, from metre. ( thermometric, geometric etc.)
The question is why does LCG call that system for a system of metrics. So i´ve done some researches for you about metric systems provided by LCG.
LCG is a counsulting company, and a metric system is a monitoring system. I guess a Data- engineer would explain that better than I will.
But here´s what I found:

The Metrics Data Viewer (MDViewer) is a Web application developed in Grid3 to analyze the data collected and to produce plots out of them. It works withdifferent data sources within the Gri3 monitoring system, provides some predefined plots and a library easy toextend to add new plots or data sources. All these elements are integrated and together provideboth real time snapshots or the Grid3 status and historicalarchives of its behavior and use.

I hope these informations will meet your demands.

If you want me to translate the whole text to frensh, just say so and I´ll try.

cali
a
23 May 2005 17:19
Dear Casaouya;

I hope that Cali has clarified everything for you...than no need for translation :-)...

by the way there are also some good web-based translators which help to translate the entire text (not too perfect but at least better than nothing).
B
25 May 2005 20:12
Dear Cali winking smiley,

Thank you very much for your explanation!
Now, I have understand these notions..It's really nice from you...winking smiley

Dear Alximo smiling smiley,

Yes, Cali has clarified everything for me! I don't need translation anymore...
Thank you for your help too...winking smiley
c
25 May 2005 21:09
Dear casaouya,

I´m happy that what I found was usefullsmiling smiley You know, the best way to explain a language is using that same language ruther than a translation.

Alximo, takwinking smiley

cali

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook