Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Need your Help - Schengen Visa
g
1 July 2009 00:40
Salam,

I'm about to apply for a Schengen visa (I have a Moroccan passport) and was looking if you guys could help me (perhaps someone went through the same thing). Currently, I have a Shengen visa issued by France for 6 months multiple entry (which will be expiring in 2 weeks). I'm going to be travelling to Europe in August, and so I was going to apply for a visa in a couple of weeks (after the French one expires). Having visited France a couple of times and never setting foot in Belgium, I was wondering how strict the Belgian are with giving out these visas. Considering I already have a 6 month one, is there any risk that they give me a shorter stay visa, or even a single entry visa rather than 6 months or more (maybe becuase it's my first time visiting Belgium and I visited France a couple of times).

Please let me know if someone went through the same thing (even with other European countries). If you have specific knowledge about the Belgian consulate here in London and how strict they are, I'd love to hear about it.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Karim
w
1 July 2009 11:02
are you based in London ? depends on your immigration status in UK, if you are a student it s slighly difficult but obtainanble , if you have permanant residence(Indefinite leave to Remain)stamped on your moroccan passport i don t think it will be a problem it s straightforward it may take few weeks to get , if you wish for a longer shengen visa just add a letter how long you wish to stay in belgium and they will decide .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2009 11:03 by whatsup.
s
1 July 2009 11:05
well i dont know what to tell you mate
i m a british citizen (moroccan)perplexe
g
1 July 2009 11:53
Hi again,

I'm on a work permit. Also, the 6 month French one I did in London and I got same day. On the Belgium website, they say it takes 2 days for Moroccans. I'm just worried that they'll give me a lower visa.

Has that ever happened to anyone?

Thanks again!!!
w
1 July 2009 12:28
if you are on WP you are entitled to a shengen visa from any european country
now your question is about the length of the shengen visa? thats depends the reason of the visit in your application you have to mention the reason of the visit, so whoever is assessing the application will decide which category of the shengen he needs to stamp on your passport

fingers cross you get few months visa , don t forget as a WP holder if you are planning in the future to apply for permanant residence ILR or the probabtionary citizenship which will be introduced in few months by law you shouldn t exceed long period of time outside of the UK it s all going to be calculated and added up

good luck
g
1 July 2009 13:58
Thank you very much whatsup. The info on the probabtionary citizenship is interesting. I actually moved to London from New York for work, so I'm not sure if I'll be staying in England for 6 years... but it's certainly good to know.

Thanks again.

Karim.
s
1 July 2009 14:10
you are welcome to the uk mateWelcome
k
1 July 2009 20:42
whatsup
if you are on WP you are entitled to a shengen visa from any european country
now your question is about the length of the shengen visa? thats depends the reason of the visit in your application you have to mention the reason of the visit, so whoever is assessing the application will decide which category of the shengen he needs to stamp on your passport

fingers cross you get few months visa , don t forget as a WP holder if you are planning in the future to apply for permanant residence ILR or the probabtionary citizenship which will be introduced in few months by law you shouldn t exceed long period of time outside of the UK it s all going to be calculated and added up

good luck

hi,

it's also the same "problem" in France and Luxembourg.

good luck smiling smiley
s
2 July 2009 08:31

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook