Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
how much...
h
6 April 2005 18:56

hi evrybody in the place, i'm here to speak in english me too loll grinning smiley

how much have you done years of english because some people here speak very very good the language it's amazing winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2005 06:57 by hnina21.
D
6 April 2005 20:09
Hello sweety ! winking smiley

For me , I began my English courses 10 years ago smiling smiley but unfortunately I haven't been yet to any english-speaking country...but I think I'll visit England this summer inchallah..smiling smiley
Peace & Love...
h
6 April 2005 20:17
veryyyyy nice sister

good visit in england inchallah tongue sticking out smiley
D
6 April 2005 20:38
Thank you sissy winking smiley

what about you? how long have you been studying english?

Peace & Love...
h
6 April 2005 21:20
me i studying english for 9 years but it's not the real english it's the english of school and my english is not very perfect but i try to speak smiling smiley
D
6 April 2005 21:30
You're doing a good job sister smiling smiley
Peace & Love...
h
6 April 2005 22:53
thanks so much tongue sticking out smiley
M
7 April 2005 07:52
English is the second language in Sweden. They only have subtitles in the movie which I think makes it easier to learn english here.
__________________________________________________________________ La vie et non la naissance annoblit l'homme :-) __________________________________________________________________
H
7 April 2005 15:47
I have been speaking English for 8 years now, and believe it or not, once you get used to it, speaking it becomes a second nature, and you don't even think about it. My next language is going to be Italian. I think it's a sexy language.
c
7 April 2005 18:16
i have spoken english for nearly 20 years. First my father taught me, and then we started having english at school. I only was in England once, for 11 years ago. And like ´Hind says, once you learn it, it becomes natural to speek it. There are even expressions that cannot be said in other languages than English.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2005 08:09 by cali.
h
7 April 2005 19:14
ohhhh you are a big chance to speak english naturally me i want perfect my english
l
8 April 2005 21:47
hnina21 a écrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ohhhh you are a big chance to speak english
> naturally me i want perfect my english

the first thing to do is to sty a bit away from the computer,
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
D
8 April 2005 23:58
lol l9bi7 ,on the contrary, the computer can be a very good teacher smiling smiley
Peace & Love...
t
9 April 2005 11:16
salam smiling smiley

and how do you explain that in french school even if we study englich for many years French people don't speak english very well as in sweden for example?
I' m very surprise that after 10 years laerning english at school i can't have a normal conversation with someone (like at work with swedish...).. i loose my word..

is the french "enseignement" bad ?

it's "dingue"?!!! grinning smiley

i think that french people don't care about the other language and think that all people have to speak french... it may be explain this "echec de l'apprentissage des langues" in france. what's a pity sad smiley

salam
l
9 April 2005 19:17
the frenchy are fundamentalist abt their closed culturalism that's explains why zhere is no efforts to embrace global culturalism and thus they are nor willing to open their mouth correctly tongue sticking out smiley

DeadRose : yeah u can learn, yet beyond the abc is still questionable go get a amercian movie with french subtitle, i bet u gonna get more winking smiley
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
Y
9 April 2005 22:46
Hi all'
It's not a question of how many years one has spoken the language or not, but rather how well! I think in any learning situation if there's a solid foundation, if the source is accurate and firm, the outcome will be accurate; mostly! Add to that PARACTICE! Language is one element that must be practiced for it and the speaker to grow and gain fluency. English is ot an exception! take Classical Arabic for example..., for those who speak Darija but don't use it on a daily basis or rarely, it's easy to find yourself looking for words that come to you easily in let's say French; hence, a constant and systematic use of a language will lead to fluency and accuracy if one aimedat both.

English might be one of the easiest languages to learn for the simplicity of its Grammar, the difficulty, however, lies in using it/ speaking in it! As to how one can learn it; find what you are most comfortable with, but start with reading and listening! Watching movies helps a great deal, but might be frustrating at times...combined with reading ( subtitled movies), it can speed up the process of learing and lead you to your objective!
Cheers;

Yani
t
13 April 2005 16:32

Salam hnina,

I have studied english for 3 years in the secundary school and 3 years in high school. If you like the language and have the will to learn it, it will be very easy. And if you have the opportunity to go abroad, it s the better way to learn a language.

Good hope.
13 April 2005 16:41

Salam à tous ,

Désolée rien à voir avec l'anglais mais juste une parenthése pour tangawiya ...

How are you tanjawiya ?? What's neuw happy or not ...

Cordiale
espernce
t
13 April 2005 16:59

Salam ma soeur,

Quel plaisir de te lire! Je tenvoie tout de suite un message privé.

Gros bisous.
13 April 2005 17:26
resalut

Chère tanjawiya , au palisir aussi de te lire ... je ne sais pas si t'as encore mon adresse ...

cordialement

esperance
t
13 April 2005 17:55

Resalam,

Je tai envoyé un message privé ici sur le forum. On se parlera la.

Bizz
S
16 April 2005 11:48

well, in my case growing up in Montreal has allowed me to master both languages french and english. Of course I learned french before english as in evey moroccan family but I can t recall exactly How did I learn english, I ve gotta admit, that since I am young, I ve always hung out in english speaking environment such as : soccer teams, in the streets, at work, my favorites TV programs were all in english, I went out with english speaking chicks and plus I went to english school, I mean for college. but seriously I did not make an specific effort learning it, it just came to me like this and now I am vey happy to be able to speack it because trust folks, it is handy like hell when you travel around.

but Hnina, it s very good of you trying to learn this language, as an I advice, I strongly recommend you to watch let s say a movie in french and then watch the same movie in english, like this your brain will be forced to link up things together and try to read lotta in english stuff magazines, papers, articles, whatever as long as it s english.
S
17 April 2005 06:08
D
17 April 2005 20:33
Soprano Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (h)
>

Hey bro ! smiling smiley

what does it meanconfused smiley lol (h)
Peace & Love...
b
27 May 2005 23:11
This isn't quite true. Actually we find that many younger French people go out of their way to speak English to us as soon as they hear our English accent! Our bank cashier speaks it fluently and with only a trace of an accent. It's very, very difficult to perfect your accent in English and you can still be detected as a 'foreigner' after many years of living in the UK. If you have satellite TV I think the best way to learn English is to watch the BBC regularly, also listen to the radio. This is how I am improving my French! (Not with the BBC obviously!)
b
27 May 2005 23:13
Laugh out loud = LoL.
a
1 June 2005 23:11
will you stop calling each other sisters and brothers??! it's irritating! In arabic we are kinda used to it, but it just doesn't translate to English...

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook