Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Marrakech hotels
M
14 February 2008 17:33
Hi, it's me again bothering you about my holidays! after the flights, i'm now shopping for a hotel in Marrakech..anyone knows cheap hotels in the heart of Marrakech not far from the main touristic areas??
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
H
14 February 2008 17:39
Hi Minnemouse,

No one goes to my hometown without my permission smoking smiley, i used to work in tourism in Marrakech but now i'm a real stranger in this city... i can give you names and places where they are even though i noticed that names of hotels also changed, tell me first what class of hotels you need..
M
14 February 2008 17:41
Hi Hicham, of course i was going to ask your permission before going! i'm in the process of writing the letter and will send it to you as soon as Mr le consul signs it (tm)

as for the hotels, it's only for 1 night so i'm not fussed really...as long as it's central and not more than 300 or 350 dhs winking smiley
H
14 February 2008 17:45
if you are using the train try the former Almoussafir, well, well, it has become an Accor hotel name, i forgot it, what is the name of Accor hotels we find near train stations everywhere ??
M
14 February 2008 17:49
you mean Ibis??
H
14 February 2008 17:51
Exact in3al waldih..spinning smiley sticking its tongue out yes there is an Ibis at the railway station... i have to tell you prices went up in Marrakech but it depends on when are you going there..
M
14 February 2008 17:58
lol

that's a good idea...i'll check it because i will have to take the train the following day...but how far is the train station from town?

oh i have another question for you! how far is the airport from the train station ?planning to take a taxi, how much do you think it'll cost me?
H
14 February 2008 18:05
the airport is outside marrakech but not too far, normally a taxi should not cost more than 35 dh, bur taxi drivers charge depending on the customer, sometimes they want 100 dh, so you have to ask before getting in cab, and if you want to bargain you have to know that they take their time to send a retort by fax ...Marrakhchi accent and attitude.; i'm scaring you i know...normally the price is on the entrance of the airport.. but it is not respected...
M
14 February 2008 18:09
oh i see...good to know!

thanks so much for your help Hicham...you've been very helpful as ever winking smiley
H
14 February 2008 18:11
Not at all, i 've done nothing princess
a
14 February 2008 21:39
Hi Minniemouse

Good you ar planning some time in Kech ,well the Ibis is next to the station but in Marrakech town where ever you stay is cool as small Taxi should not charge you more than 20 dhs max ..
as far as Taxi from the airport i advise you take a bus as you will spend time hugling over the price its only 3Km from the town but its the most expensive charge per Km in the land !
Bus is 20dhs & takes you right to the city .
H
15 February 2008 07:17
Salam AtlasMagic,

Are you sure there is public buses from Marrakech Airport, i know there is buses from Lamhamid (a neighbouring small town close to the Airport), but in case she want to use it she will have to drag herself and luggage a long way to get out of the Airport...Also, these buses take generally to Lemdina (Old marrakech) and she will have to take a bus or a taxi to Ibis which is cheaper off course but as we say fine hiya oudnek hahia....
M
15 February 2008 10:30
hmm, this is all very confusing!! Lamhamid eye popping smiley this sounds like some place in telt alkhali!! yes, the last thing i want is to drag my bags along from the airport to take the bus...i'll wait for Atlas's confirmation about the bus station otherwise i'll just take a taxi. 100dhs is still better that the 250 dhs from Casablanca's airport!

thanks guys
H
15 February 2008 11:43
lol
It's not the same lamhamid, lamhamid you heard about is the one beyond Zagoura and Tinfou and tamegrout
and it's really talt lkhali...i've been hanging out some time ago in the region smoking smiley...
M
15 February 2008 11:47
lol, i wondered if you were the man in turban and jellaba that we always see in the postcards...
H
15 February 2008 11:48
No, that's my cousin...i took the picture tongue sticking out smiley
a
15 February 2008 13:32
Minniemouse & Hicham

Guys you do not know about Kech !! well gone the days when M'hamid was a sh.. whole i recall in 80's no lighting ....
Now its building everywhere + they are on M'hamid 9 last time i checked & you talking big money was made up here in the Land ....

The Bus picks up from the car Park in front of the airport just next to the Taxi's
Minniemouse if you are on your own & arriving late i coud organise some one i know works for transport to pick you up & you could stay in my little appart but its about 10 mintutes by car from the centre ,let me when you arraiving & leaving kech & we should sort something out .
M
15 February 2008 14:05
Atlas, don't blame me for not knowing Marrakec, blame the locals eye rolling smiley grinning smiley

i'm going with my hubby.

Thanks for offering a lift and your appt, you're so kind but we'll be fine. We have decided not to stay in Marrackech but just fly over there and take the train straight to Casablanca.

Its good to know there are buses at the airport, Marrakech must be the only city to provide a bus service, well done to them!!
a
15 February 2008 15:01
Fab you are going with your hubby ,its worth stopping & having a look either on the way into Labled or on the way out ,you will enjoy it with the snow toped Atlas on the backgounds & the sun shine its worth spending a bit of time there
H
15 February 2008 15:18
Minniemouse

the locals need no buses to move in Marrakech, all i have to do take off my sunglasses ...tongue sticking out smiley

Atlas, i took a plane from Marrakech last october and i didn't see no buses, maybe the authorities were hiding them from me...
H
15 February 2008 15:23
Atlas, i remind you that i'm from Marrakesh, even though no longer proud of being so..
M
15 February 2008 15:27
Are you being rebellious again? tongue sticking out smiley

seriously, why are you not proud of being marrakchi?
H
15 February 2008 15:37
well, the city was completly transformed, what was considered to be the "charm" of marrakesh no longer exists. meaning cheap old oriental "cha3bi" life is no longer there, they have built villas and buldings everywhere and cost of life became horribly high and prostitution omnipresent... we used to go out and have fun with not more than five DH, now if you have 5 dh in your pockets, better throw it without being seen, otherwise you'll pay for it
Besides, my marrakchi friends would not accept me being called Marrakechi, i'm from a 3roubi descent and have the "rude" side of peasants more than ill civic manners of city people...Halleluja...
H
15 February 2008 15:38
forot my signature smiling smiley
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
a
15 February 2008 16:16
Guys

The Bus is there & I used it a couple of times ,plus when I last returned from kech on the 29th of Jan its was still there !
Spanish compagny doing business there also runs all bused in the town & outside it to about 35 km radius : Tahanaout , Chichaoua ect…
Hicham I agree with you about kech loosing it I was shocked the aother day to see all these shops by Macdo where Etam, la Senza ….Zara openning soon
M
7 March 2008 17:45
Hi all. I'm back from my holiday and just want to say a big thank you to everyone who's been helpful and gave me advice and suggestions. Atlas, we did spend a couple of days in Marrakech and it was well worth it!! the weather was gorgeous and the city not too busy, we managed to see most of the sites and enjoyed the food...we can't wait to go back! and you were right about the bus from the airport, it was right at the door and the ride was only 20dhs right to the train station. The taxis were quoting 100dhs but i remembered what Hicham told me and avoided them winking smiley

Also, i followed felfla's advice and took a flight with BA from casablanca for 800dhs only, it was great!! so thank you all i had a lovely time!!

i put some pics on facebook if you want to check them out winking smiley

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook