Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Interfaith love
G
16 October 2019 06:39
Hello,
I’m not sure if I’m in the right place, I just want to share my experience and I hope to find someone with a similar situation who can give me some advice.
I’m Italian, she’s moroccan, I’m christian and she’s muslim, we met in Switzerland where we both live, we started dating a couple of months ago, obviously we haven’t done anything except for talking, she’s very religious but somehow she’s ok with me being a non-muslim and when I asked her about her parents opinion, she said they are also cool with that as long as I make her happy.
Is it really the case? I know a muslim woman can’t marry a non-muslim man, reading some posts looks like many of you agree with that statement.
I’m falling in love with her and I’m not afraid to get serious, she’s all I ever wanted but there’s no way I’m going to change my religion to marry her, nor I would want her to do anything like this for me.
I believe in mutual acceptance and I believe love and respect stand above anything else, including religion.
What do you guys think? Do I stand a chance to have a future with her? Does any of you has experience in this matter?
Thanks in advance
16 October 2019 06:55
Hi,

Not much to say ... what does she think of all this? Because I don't really see her opinion in the story. Is she really ready to engage with you despite your christianity ? and what is the true opinion of her parents?

In most Muslims, girls don't marry Christians. So you have to be careful and really sur with that before you engage with her.
S
16 October 2019 07:02
If she is Muslim and truly comited to her faith, soon or later, this relationship will be an issue.

You better keep your distance with her. Love is not enough in this situation.
GGI883
Hello,
I’m not sure if I’m in the right place, I just want to share my experience and I hope to find someone with a similar situation who can give me some advice.
I’m Italian, she’s moroccan, I’m christian and she’s muslim, we met in Switzerland where we both live, we started dating a couple of months ago, obviously we haven’t done anything except for talking, she’s very religious but somehow she’s ok with me being a non-muslim and when I asked her about her parents opinion, she said they are also cool with that as long as I make her happy.
Is it really the case? I know a muslim woman can’t marry a non-muslim man, reading some posts looks like many of you agree with that statement.
I’m falling in love with her and I’m not afraid to get serious, she’s all I ever wanted but there’s no way I’m going to change my religion to marry her, nor I would want her to do anything like this for me.
I believe in mutual acceptance and I believe love and respect stand above anything else, including religion.
What do you guys think? Do I stand a chance to have a future with her? Does any of you has experience in this matter?
Thanks in advance
16 October 2019 07:03
If she was very religious she would never think to marry a non muslim, but after reading you whole text she doesn't seem to be very religious so she will probably neglect she's religion for you and if she do she will probably regret that the day of judgment, but you don't trust in allah so you probably don't care about that.
16 October 2019 07:10
Assalāmu 'alaykum wa rahmatullāh.

A good mariage needs much more things than love. Details there.

Wassalāmu 'alaykum wa rahmatullāh.
16 October 2019 07:12
Salve

C'è qualcosa nel tuo testo che non capisco -- dici che lei è molto religiosa, ma allo stesso tempo dici che non le dà fastidio di essere in una relazione con un non musulmano. Vedo che hai fatto le tue ricerche, perché davvero una tale relazione è proibita nell'islam. Dite benvenuto ai commenti, alle minacce della sua famiglia e dalla comunità... Forse per te, non ha senso, ma in realtà non c'è un padre, una madre o un fratello che non può avere un cuore per fermare gli occhi su una cosa del genere.

Se continuate la relazione, problemi arriveranno a un momento o un altro. Chiedile: se avete ragazzi, che sarà la loro religione? Lei accetterebbe che bevi l'alcol? Che mangerete a casa, halal o il maiale? Questi sono solamente qualsiasi dei problemi che sono possibili... Non sono qui per giudicarti, ma solamente per aiutarti

Comunque, ti auguro tutto il meglio, e se ci siano sbagli nel mio testo, correggimi per favore winking smiley non ho praticato scrivere da tanto tempo
16 October 2019 09:44
Hello,

Falling in love is easy but staying in love is hard....

Think about the day you will have children...I bet the love will fall apart and the religious war betwen you and her will start.

Even if it's hard, you better stop now.
GGI883
Hello,
Thanks in advance
r
16 October 2019 10:03
it all depends on her.
if she's truly committed to her religion, she won't be able to stay with you since muslim women can't marry non muslim man.
if she doesn't care, she might just ignore that rule (many do that, not all muslims follow the rules as they should)
anyway, if i were you, i just won't risk it ^^
s
16 October 2019 11:56
Manque plus que l'arabe...
Choubaïk, t'es ou ??ClapClapClap
16 October 2019 14:49
smiling smiley تحيا الجزائر كونطرا على الشكاكمة والغيارين
16 October 2019 14:54
En kabyle mtn
stinky
Manque plus que l'arabe...
Choubaïk, t'es ou ??ClapClapClap
المباتة للشر ولا طعام عكاس
P
14 September 2020 05:44
Anyone can marry any other so long as they have the faith in themselves, and are in favourable circumstances and situations. I am one if those who have achieved that.
P
19 September 2020 16:57
There is no space in present times for such views.....If you stand by such negative view on religion then we should or might as well all stay within the confines of our home states and end up inbreeding in myopic religious bias.
P
19 September 2020 16:59
Where there is love there is strength to succeed.....No one faith holds the key to life, love and happiness.
27 February 2021 01:15
We Muslims are scared of Allah the Almighty. Racism is haram in Islam and any muslim can marry another but a muslim women csnnot marry a non muslim. Your liberal views might be good in usa but in muskim countires a muslim women must marry a muslim man

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook