Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Help with citizenship! URGENT
I
2 August 2015 07:27
Can anyone on earth help me out with a dilemma I am having? I am a 22 year old who lives in the US, however my mother was Moroccan and my father is jordanian. Now, my mother came here and met my father here ( my father is and was a citizen of the US), and eventually got married and had me. To make a long story short, I was born in america to a Moroccan mother and an american/jordanian father.

When I was the age of 19, my mother had passed away. Since she has died, I have found out she has left me an inheritance in morocco. The thing is, is that this inheritance is tied up in the courts, but is expected to be released soon. When it is released, I want to be prepared. As far as I know, I cannot authorize any of my family to collect it on my behalf, since I have no jurisdiction as a foreigner. In order to get this inheritance, I need to become a citizen of morocco. Is this possible? Would I have to go through the naturilzation process? I heard the king passed a law that if your mother is moroccan, you are moroccan. Does this apply to children born in another country from a moroccan mother? This is all very complicated. Any advice or experiences would be appreciated!
B
4 August 2015 16:27
Ironbound
Can anyone on earth help me out with a dilemma I am having? I am a 22 year old who lives in the US, however my mother was Moroccan and my father is jordanian. Now, my mother came here and met my father here ( my father is and was a citizen of the US), and eventually got married and had me. To make a long story short, I was born in america to a Moroccan mother and an american/jordanian father.

When I was the age of 19, my mother had passed away. Since she has died, I have found out she has left me an inheritance in morocco. The thing is, is that this inheritance is tied up in the courts, but is expected to be released soon. When it is released, I want to be prepared. As far as I know, I cannot authorize any of my family to collect it on my behalf, since I have no jurisdiction as a foreigner. In order to get this inheritance, I need to become a citizen of morocco. Is this possible? Would I have to go through the naturilzation process? I heard the king passed a law that if your mother is moroccan, you are moroccan. Does this apply to children born in another country from a moroccan mother? This is all very complicated. Any advice or experiences would be appreciated!

Salam aleykum wa rahmatullah,

Normally, it's possible for you to ask for the moroccan nationality, because your mother was moroccan. You have to complete a file and return it to your local moroccan consulate.
It's better to see directly with them smiling smiley

> More informations here (in particular article n°25; i'm sorry it's in french).

May Allah help you in your project akhi, ameen.
May Allah have mercy on your mother, ameen.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook