Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Help !!! Looking for an IT job in UK
s
19 October 2007 10:37
Salam Alaikoum,

I'm IT engineer (specialized in Informatica/CRM) working at present in France (Paris) and I woud like to work in England and particularly in London.

Could some of you give some advices. Is the market good ? Is it easy to find an IT job ? How begin ? What wage should I ask ?

Many thanks for your help.
M
19 October 2007 11:02
Hi,

The job market is very good in the UK and IT in particular is a thriving field. I worked 4 years in IT in Manchester and decided afterwards to move to London and it didn't take me very long to find a job. However, this has changed a little bit in the last 2 years with the flow if immigration from Eastern Europe, where demand somtimes exceeds the offer. But this is not to discourage you, you just have to be aware that it might take a little while before you find a job. You speak the language and that's absolutely mandatory so no worries on this side. The rest is to do with your experience and qualifications if you have any. The good thing is that you have a job at the moment so no pressure on you and you can look for jobs in the UK from the comfort of your chair. The best way is to register with as many recruitment agencies as possible (i wouldn't focus on London only if i were you, it's very expensive for a starter), then try securing some telephone interviews. Emphasise on the fact that you speak French, it's very much sought after in the field and just highlight your experience and achievements in the field.
Good luck and if you have any questions, just fire away
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
s
19 October 2007 14:50
Hi,

Many thanks for your precious encouragement.

The problem which I meet is that I have a notice period of 3 months (French labour law).

Perhaps you have advice/contact to give me to allow me to find a job ? Perhaps you have recruiters' references?

Shoukrane.
s
23 October 2007 19:05
salam,
Mabybe you can check the web site of financialdirections.ie I know that they recrute bilingual people. per haps also in the IT.
bonne chance

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook