Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Guys do you think that getting rid of .....
S
16 April 2005 12:27

french and replacing it by english will have an impact on the development of our country?? You all know that french est le langage de l amour but when it comes down to do business it turns out that ouchhh what a mess (I am being sarcastic by the way)

fellas waddaya think??
c
17 April 2005 20:50
Hi soprano

I think we already have a crise of identity in our country. We didn´t even manage languages that already are spoken in our country. So if we add english to all that "arabic, darija, tachelhit, tarifit, tamazight, french and spanish" , then god help us. What a mess we will find ourselves in. So I don´t think that would be a good idea.
m
18 April 2005 09:19
Hi both of you,
It is not a matter of which language or how many language.
When any citizen can write, read and express himself in any language but at least in one, this will be a cultural revolution in Morocco.

Do not forget that we do have between 60 and 80% illeterates in Morocco.
Many languages in a country cab very helpfull you just need to look at countries like Holland or the best example is Israel. You can do your job in any language you want but you should do it right, not lauzy.

It is about the efficiency of an education system and not about in which language.
You want to build a bridge, design a machine, synthesisze a new chemical or drugs, buid a solar cell, treat a horse, etc just do it right, Who cares about the language you have using to learn your profession.

You may use arabic and probably your research will requires taht you need english. So what ??? go and learn english....

It is about learning how to learn.....and not producing human perrots

a
18 April 2005 11:00
Hello Soprano,
Check this out!
Cheers,

[www.yabiladi.com]
Almot
m
18 April 2005 13:00
Thanks Almot for reminding me of the discussion.
a
18 April 2005 13:11
You're welcome Brother,
Almot
I
20 April 2005 19:28
Hi everybody,

I think it’s the time to give English an important place in our education. French is useful only in Morocco, for Moroccan students in France or in some of the few French speaker countries. However we know all that is almost no future for our students in those countries because of the racism, the unemployment...ect. In addition English becomes a communication language nowadays. It’s a skill. It give you a lot of opportunities. In many countries you can work without speaking the local language. In some countries such as Holland, Sweden, Norway you can study at the university if you speak English. Also it’s such an amazing feeling when you meet people from different countries, even very faraway locations and you can talk to them, because nearly everywhere there is somebody who can speak English. I remember when I was studying in Spain, the only person who couldn’t speak to everybody was me, because I didn’t speak English at that time. So I didn’t have many friends and it was not possible for me to know people from very interesting cultures.

If I had had the choice I would have studded English as a second language in stead of French. In my opinion French has no future anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2005 07:29 by Ilhem2.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook