Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Funny Old World
M
12 July 2007 13:11
How about posting the odd and funny things that you come across in newspapers, radio, TV or simply in the street? I read papers everyday and sometimes come across weird or amusing stories that i like to share with my friends and family, so why not do the same here?? smiling smiley

Ok here is one i read in the evening paper in the tube:

James Blunt sold his sister on eBay.
Wednesday, 11 July 2007. The London paper.

British singer James Blunt sold his little sister to a wealthy man on auction website eBay - and now she is engaged to the winning bidder.

The 'You're Beautiful' star put his sister Emily (with Blunt, above) up for sale because she had no transport and needed a man to take her to a funeral.

James said in an interview with GQ magazine: "The stupidest thing I've ever sold is my sister, on eBay.

"I was waiting for my first album to come out and ended up selling pretty much everything I owned on eBay. I had a mild addiction.

"Anyway, I came back to the flat where my sister was staying and she was crying because she couldn't get to a funeral in Ireland. The planes were on strike, the ferry was out of season and there were no trains. I ended up whacking it on eBay, 'Damsel in distress seeks knight in shining armour! Desperate to get to a funeral in Southern Ireland, please help!'

"The bids flooded in and the guy who won had a helicopter. He flew her to the funeral.

"That was three years ago, this summer they're getting married!"

Who ever said romances that begin online never work?

I think this is quite a sweet story smiling smiley
H
12 July 2007 13:46
brilliant idea of finding a spouse perplexe, hhmmm, let's explore the net .......smoking smiley
M
12 July 2007 14:19
As if you're not already at it...eye rolling smiley

lool, only kidding Hicham, don't shoot grinning smiley
H
12 July 2007 14:40
you killed me Minniemouse tongue sticking out smileysmoking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
H
12 July 2007 15:08
seriously tongue sticking out smiley, i've never bought euuh a lady in the net or elsewhere , just because it is expensive, but they told me to target china, seems they have interesting prices ...
I
12 July 2007 16:40
Hi all,

Hicham_A
seriously tongue sticking out smiley, i've never bought euuh a lady in the net or elsewhere , just because it is expensive, but they told me to target china, seems they have interesting prices ...

Hicham_A,

by low prices you may miss the qualitysmoking smiley...
M
12 July 2007 16:55
Ilhem2
Hi all,

Hicham_A

Hicham_A,

by low prices you may miss the qualitysmoking smiley...

Exactly! you may want to try Russia Hicham ...
K
12 July 2007 22:40
Don't give him good ideas...No no
M
13 July 2007 16:11
ATM cash bonanza
12 July 2007

Bank customers could not believe their luck when a central London cashpoint started giving away free money.

They queued around the block and called friends to join them as they realised the HSBC machine in Clerkenwell was doubling up all requested amounts of cash.

The bank found itself tens of thousands of pounds out of pocket because staff had loaded £20 notes instead of £10 notes into one of the cartridges of the machine.

Drama student Alex Vevers, 19, who lives near the branch, said: "It was amazing how quickly a crowd gathered. People were phoning their friends to come down.

"They were asking for £200 – and their on-screen statement showed they had taken out that amount – but they were getting double. They were doing it again and again."

The unexpected pay-day continued for more than two hours before the mistake was spotted and corrected.

HSBC said human error had caused "a small amount extra" to be dispensed and is yet to decide whether to try to reclaim the loss. Lloyds TSB decided not to after a similar blunder in Essex last week.

If only i knew....crying(
K
13 July 2007 16:17
Will you have done it?
M
13 July 2007 16:39
not on purpose no, even if a friend had called me i would have thought it's a scam or some dodgy game. In fact, i'm so naive that i can't take advantage of any crafty opportunity which comes my way smiling smiley so many times, in supermakets or shops, I've been handed the wrong amount of cash (more than what i should get) or more items than what i asked and i always come back and return it
K
13 July 2007 16:54
he he Well I can't deside whatever it's a good or bad thing the fact that you are naivewinking smiley or is it both hmm perplexe
M
13 July 2007 16:57
Note that i said i'm naive to take advantage or CRAFTY opportunities only, not any opportunity winking smiley

I guess some of us are born to be role models to societies and examplary citizens and i'm afraid i'm one of them smiling smiley
K
13 July 2007 22:36
Minniemouse
I guess some of us are born to be role models to societies and examplary citizens and i'm afraid i'm one of them smiling smiley

That's nice Minni, i had a couple of questions but I will not hijack a thread again i have a bad habit of hijacking threads winking smiley
M
13 July 2007 22:42
Kutchia
Minniemouse

That's nice Minni, i had a couple of questions but I will not hijack a thread again i have a bad habit of hijacking threads winking smiley

It's all right this is my thread you can hijack as much as you want, there is no censorship grinning smiley
K
14 July 2007 02:56
It was just a matter of time....

Long jumper hit by javelin at Rome Golden League
French long-jumper Salim Sdiri was rushed to hospital after being speared by a javelin thrown by Finland's Tero Pitkamaki at the IAAF Golden League meeting in Rome.

The accident occurred in the third round of the javelin when Pitkamaki, challenging to defend his Golden Jackpot title, saw his throw veer to the left.

Leaving the throwing arcs it hit the 28-year-old Frenchman, who was lying fourth in his competition, in his right side.
....[www.sportinglife.com]
M
14 July 2007 13:33
That's very unfortunate!! I hope the poor man has pulled through. Thank god these sort of accidents don't happen very often otherwise these games won't be enjoyable anymore!
K
14 July 2007 20:13
For some it will be more fun to watch he he
M
14 July 2007 23:58
I'd call them cynical grinning smiley

Would you enjoy watching that??
K
15 July 2007 00:23
To be honest, yes. Imagine how much faster the runners will run when it is time for the javelin to throw or the big fat guys throwing those big hamers... man will they run or what! A bit action is allways fun to watch. It hink more people would watch the games he he I would!

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook