Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Fun, Funerals and Happy ending..........
A
1 September 2006 23:34
Fun and Funerals,

Instead of crying for loved ones when they die, why not celebrate their lives by changing the sad funerals to real celebrations of their lives? (Don't shoot!it's only a thought.)Dressing up for the occasion, playing the diseased favorite music and dancing to it, Why not taking them to cemetery in cortège of music and dance like some cultures do. Yes, Quraan and amdah nabawiyya, if that was what the diseased wished.
We cry in funerals of loved ones and enter into deep sadness when they depart. We see funerals as the worst thing that could happen to us. “He was just 30, she was just 50 and he just celebrated his 98, meskine ma yestahelch!.”
Would we look at it that way if we were RAISED to see it differently? Let’s say we were raised to believe that life is wonderful, you learn, you do good, you pray, you do your hassanate and one day you were going to move on to another level, better than the one you’d been in, or that one day, simply, your role in life as we know it will end.
Just a thought!
I know you can’t tell someone who just lost a mother or a father to celebrate, but I’m saying what if you were raised to believe that death is like your gift at the end of your road, your diploma to move on to another level, a better one.
It’s still just a thought.
Cheers,
Almot
l
12 September 2006 18:49
The difference, is that most of population believe in the other life, ( religion apart ) so life is transitive and not the fatality. And I truly not believe that it is a matter of social education, it is innate, when a person loses something (I say lose not give it away) it brings melancholy, especially if that something (someone) is a present symbol in our daily life.

and when we acquire something (someone) we are at the counter side, (i.e. new born)
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
f
13 September 2006 03:12
It sure is a wise thought, but i dont think i ll ever be able to celebrate my mom, dad or one of my brother's death .... death means that this person is gone forever and i ll never get to see their smile, hear their voice or have their support when i need it .... it simply means it is all over and i dont think that this is something we can accept easily.
The times may seem dark & gloomy... but I know I have it on me, to make it to brighter days --- never lose hope Diminished Ovarian Reserve FSH: 5.7 LH: 2 17-06-2009: C3 ultrasound 7 antral follicules
y
14 September 2006 17:15
Do u mean that when u ll die i should dance .. and feel happy .. :p
y
14 September 2006 17:21
Now i can t imagine myslef dancing when someone die .. specially if he is close to me ... the normal thing is to feel sad .. and cry ..then ..u can go on with ur life .. maybe when the time pass .. u can talk about it .. and try to think about all the good things we shared with that person smiling smiley .. and all the good memories ...
A
14 September 2006 18:09
I’m going to try to explain my point a bit better. I’m NOT saying lets adopt this or do away with funerals, I’m not promoting not to cry or be sad over the death of loved ones. I said in my post imagine if we were “raised to believe”:
I know you can’t tell someone who just lost a mother or a father to celebrate, but I’m saying what if you were raised to believe that death is like your gift at the end of your road, your diploma to move on to another level, a better one.
Just like we can’t imagine burning loved ones after their death, other cultures, like in Hinduism, celebrate the burning of theirs, some other cultures in Africa, not long ago ate their dead family members. Hope you see my point,, it’s only for the sake of debate to show how cultural differences affect de way we live and the way we see others. How we marry, how we sit and eat, how some see blowing themselves as a ticket to heaven and others see them as psychopaths.
I know we’ll all cry if we loose loved ones, hell, I may cry if I loose a soccer game at the park, just kidding…but I find fascinating the way different cultures view these kinds of issues. What’s considered death in one culture could mean elevation in another, and what means chahadah in one means suicide in another.
Finally, please know if you recently lost a loved one, that I hold your hand and grief with you…
Almot

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook