La da da...

Now, when I called him my lover, called him my man
I said I called him my lover and did the best I can, come on
And that Bobby, lord, and that Bobby McGee, yeah

Lordy, lordy, lordy...
Hey, hey, hey, Bobby McGee
M
8 July 2007 21:55
Thanks for this Hicham. I didn't know the song or the singer.

Are you a country music fan?
H
8 July 2007 22:32
Well, let's say i used to listen to janis joplin when i was young tongue sticking out smiley

I thought you knew her, she has a lot of common point with JM... of the same generation, died also at the age 27 because of drugs ...her other songs are quite different from this one....

This other one is a classical again completly transformed by her performance ...

[www.dailymotion.com]
a
1 August 2007 18:19
thanks for the lyrics , the song is really great.

freedom in the late 60s and 70s was a necessity in everybody's life even here in Morocco.
but in these days, the definition of the word FREEDOM has changed to something that has no link with the 70s definition.
may be because of the Hippy mouvement, what do u think?!!
H
3 August 2007 13:49
Not at all Amir-jad, nice pseudo by the way..

Well it was a necessity and is still a necessity and it is still something we do have to acquire, "to acquire" refers to something we don't have..ot at least partly

as to Hippism there is a negative and a positive side, the positive side is pacifism, Art, Romanticism, nature, creativity .. the negative part is for me Drugs, defeatism and perhaps luxury...

don't forget that there' s a hippy side in moroccan culture, i'm tallking about the "sects" that normally have soufi descent but ended up mere "practitionors" of strange rituals ...another fact is that the western hippists who used to go to morocco were at the time in search of sometingh and they are now all successful citizens in their countries. at the opposite, Morrocan hippies of the sixties and seventies all ended up junkies and drug addicts ..

i hope my point of view will not shock ...
a
3 August 2007 18:05
Thanks Hisham, and i totally agree with you.

But I don't see drugs as the negative side of hippism, because they are a part of the hippy culture, drugs free the mind from the social chains and expand it.(only if u organize ur time with drugs)

Gnawa are a kind of hippies, also EL-Bouhala, they live free, no greed for money, or for properties; this is the real freedom.
Moreover, freedom has no limits,which is taugh for us as Africans and Muslims,there are things which we can't loose, as our family if we want to leave it and live bohemian, we can't deny our love for money and properties, we can't share our house with people or share our wife!!

In reality, struggling for the basic Human rights as freedom of the speech, or the right in free education is an achieve in this country. they call this FREEDOM

it's the Gap between reality and our idea about freedom which shocks more !!
M
3 August 2007 18:16
Hicham_A
Not at all Amir-jad, nice pseudo by the way..

Well it was a necessity and is still a necessity and it is still something we do have to acquire, "to acquire" refers to something we don't have..ot at least partly

as to Hippism there is a negative and a positive side, the positive side is pacifism, Art, Romanticism, nature, creativity .. the negative part is for me Drugs, defeatism and perhaps luxury...

don't forget that there' s a hippy side in moroccan culture, i'm tallking about the "sects" that normally have soufi descent but ended up mere "practitionors" of strange rituals ...another fact is that the western hippists who used to go to morocco were at the time in search of sometingh and they are now all successful citizens in their countries. at the opposite, Morrocan hippies of the sixties and seventies all ended up junkies and drug addicts ..

i hope my point of view will not shock ...

Hicham, how dare you!! eye popping smiley
I've always been hippie and yet i'm not a junkie...well a bit but without the drugs, i'm naturally wired grinning smiley
H
3 August 2007 22:52
Hi Minniemouse,

well your smileys are always smoking they prevent me from reading your messages , i told that before spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Moroccans all have this hippie side ...but i think it's far more better to be "in the heavens" without taking drugs,one appreciates it more ...

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook