Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Finances, (Intl, Banking & Investments) Thread
l
29 April 2005 20:25
[www.yabiladi.com]
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
a
30 April 2005 14:37
Hello,
Anyone in the forum own any Moroccan stocks?
I was tempted 6 months ago when France Telecom made a bid for Ittisalate el Maghrib and wondered if some of you did, too.
Cheers,
Almot
l
30 April 2005 18:38
Salam,

In the USA, I was very tempted to get into the game of investement, because of its easy access, you got a social security, a phone line or internet and voila !

in Morocco many questions impose, and I will be gratefull if somebody can advice me:

How can we invest in Moroccan stocks, Does Morocco has only One (1) stock market, "bourse de casablanca" ?

another question is for people living in france, Is it easy to invest in the French stock market ? besides the currency market ?

I know these are the a.b.a. of knowing the possiblity of investement and if somebody got something, please do share

With best regards,
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
l
1 June 2005 09:53
GOOG

in one month it jumped from 170s to 270s

very unprobable !

knowing that it just started at 80 bucks

do you think it has still the potiential to grow ?

I had bought some shares at 175 and sold them at 230
but is it still wise to risk an investment at 270 ?

some toughts ?
a
1 June 2005 17:56
Hello 19bi7,

Google is having an unbelievable ride in the market, it's the first stock I look at every morning, and I’m glad you entered the feast when it was 175, but I’m just curious, why did you sell? Were you afraid it’ll crash or something? Because right now it’s hard to find many stocks as secure (for the time being) as GOOG.
And so in my view, and I consider myself real novice in the market, if you still have some in that stock, man, just hold on to it, it’ll only go higher or split and go higher again. But to enter and buy at 270 seems to me a bit too high.
The good thing is that google, if they ever get the ok to put the Universities libraries books on site, they will really gain lots more and crush any competition, and that’s exactly what they’re planning, it’s unbelievable!!!
But from someone maaref walou like me, right now it’s a HOLD not a BUY
Take care and goog luck,
I just saw it hit $285...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2005 09:24 by almotanabi.
Almot
l
2 June 2005 05:03
dear almotanabi,

Ok
lets explain it that way I bhad bought it just after hearing that google has bought an imaging by satellite corporation and also while they released they real time stock market for free for the users (which actually cost averaging 20 bucks a month for competitors)

so that made it jump from 178 to 218 then it became going back to 210 where I sold it because I heard that microsoft is preparing to release their new searching engine msn.com

so it jiggles around the 200s but I was little busy with the final exams last month I would not have risked the securities without daily supervision so know that i am again free to play on the market I just bought it at 270 and I already made 20$/share in one day !

now what is coming for the future ? sell it or no ?
I think I gonna hold it for a why and see what can happen
a
2 June 2005 19:22
Hello 19bi7,

Where I would be little scared, you showed the opposite, ans so, congratulations, And I do not think you’re making a mistake or anything, that stock is on fire and nothing in the horizon seems to be coming to compete with it, so in the absence of real competition, it’ll just continue climbing. I would not worry much about Microsoft coming with their search engine; it’ll take them very long to dislodge Google who has established a strong international base.
I wish for you that it reach 360, which I heard someone already saying it will, and I won’t be surprised, I also wish for you that it’ll split and that for sure it will soon. Just to know that there’s one fellow Moroccan who took the ride and made some money will make me happy. My kind of stocks are more in the low bracket, MSFT, HPQ, INTC, Dell, F and others, but can you imagine one year ago investing just 50000 dollars in google? It’s just insane!!!
I think you’re right to hold it for now, but keep a close eye on the changes in the market, it’s an expensive stock, and it’s worth keeping close eye on.
Take care,
Almot
2 June 2005 20:15
Hello to all dear compatriots:

Can someboby please advise on some cheap stocks to buy here in US.

I must say that I don't know much about stock market but I am learning as much as I can.
If you had lets say just a 1000 dollars, where would you invest it?
I am talking very cheap stocks in the one or two dollar range.

Thank you for any advice.
a
3 June 2005 04:59
Hello racines,
First, I have to tell you that this is one area that you have to question even if you’re told by a professional financer, and god know I personally I consider myself a novice here. But for the kinds of stocks you are talking about, and I do own some, they are many and the way in my view to choose is to go with the companies that make products you like for example, read about them a bit before you make decision to buy and then buy conservatively. I own some of Lucent Tech and I don’t know if it's ever going to make any money, and also JDSU is trading at only 1.50 and 1.65 for so long now, but it’s a company that I like and will keep, I only told you about this 2 because they are in the range you asked. But read about them and remember that it’s always possible that you could see your 1000 multiply or see it fly in the air. That is the market my friend. good luck to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2005 05:45 by almotanabi.
Almot
l
3 June 2005 07:36
usually stocks of less than a dollar usually climbs less than a cent a day so they are good anly as short term investment or else they are much easy to go toward zero !

try ex24.com is where i do perfom, it is limited on the stock range but the fees for such stocks (less than 5 bucks) are 5 cent each which is not bad !

if you want a referral link, just let me know so we can have both 25$ in each one account as a referral bonus

let me know smiling smiley

Almot, Im really really waiting to see it at 360 now in two days 27 Dollars / stocks ! really amazing !
5 June 2005 16:40
Thank you 19bi7 for your reply. I will look into the stock you mensionned when I have more time.
What is the account you're refering to?
I will post in more details when I have more time
Thanx
l
6 June 2005 08:18
ok take your time
and let us know what you came up with
a
7 June 2005 20:43
Hello l9bi7,

it almost did it today, it hit 299.59 at one point of the day,
take care

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2005 08:44 by almotanabi.
Almot
e
11 June 2005 13:34
there is no stock in the Moroccan market that worth 1 or 2 dollars, most of them are worth more than 6 to 7 dollars.
l
11 June 2005 21:12
but moroccan stock exchange is not as liquid as the american, indeed it does not fluctuates on speculations and it is also hard to get invested into
w
15 June 2005 18:56
hi everybody,
what s the subject of today
a
15 June 2005 19:04
Hello Wafaa
Do you have any suggestions about stock market, what to buy, what to sell, or what to hold? Com’on, make us rich please!!!!!lol...

Take care,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2005 07:04 by almotanabi.
w
15 June 2005 19:19
OK,

I just found out what s this about:"winking smiley

and I think that for stock market there is no rule about when you have to sell or how long you have to keep your portfolio and the proof that big stockholders with long experience fell in bankcrupcy.

Actually, if i was l9bi7 I would do the same thing, I would sell them as soon as I realized a margin over 20%, because the trust of stockholedrs in the company will keep going up because of the position and teh realization of the comopany but it s gonna come a time that they realize that their trust is a little bit ahead to the real position of the company based on the financial statements

for me I prefer to win a little than losing everythink but of course I think that I have a little spirit of adventure, and I think the key of success in stock market is to invest in companies from different industries to limit teh losses.

I have a question for you guys, I plan to apply in the moroccan stock market for a financial position, anyone has any idea how difficult it is? or the chances are limited or.....

thank you
l
16 June 2005 07:37
now I lost 45% ! but still thats the cost of the risk

since I am aggressive investor !

need some insights : maybe petrolium companies ? I have remarqued gas prices going up eventhoug opec i sboosting production
a
17 June 2005 17:54

And that is the part that many people don't know or understand. In the stock market one can make some money or loose some, but the ones who make money are usually the ones who do not panic and react to the sudden changes. In my view, and as you may have seen, people are not running to sell their google stocks, that’s how much they have trust in this company.
Take care,
Almot
l
18 June 2005 08:41
Dear almot

if you are patient their is potential to "always" win without loosing by diversifyig the portfolio at a maximum by industries and cartels but you will never see high gains
l
28 July 2006 02:15
We are among the Summer War, who has a clue about the short term profitable companies ?

Halliburton was in iraq, what About The lebanese isreali conflict and what it may engenders?

Almot and lot of others disapeared , hope they will be back soon..
c
28 July 2006 10:44
Hi l9bi7,

Try looking at oil companies, obviously with the crisis epicenter being in the middle east, it's bound to affect the barrel. I was watching the financial news yesterday, I saw that Exxon Mobil, Shell and Texaco posted record profits. If the crisis continues, the barrel could reach pass the 80 US$ barrier before the end of the year, so keep an eye on oil companies. Hope this helps.

Here's some articles on the subject :

[www.truthout.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2006 11:08 by chelhman.
a
28 July 2006 21:10
the best thing is to buy some call options on oil futures and oil compagnies stocks, there is more leverage on options than on underlying and u can take ur position without heding it coz the barrel will indisputably reach 85$
l
29 July 2006 00:32
I forgot about these kind of trades

the call options ? what is that about ?

for the futures is their any trade plateform without limit on the investment amount ? despite the chicago futures market ..

I was thinking about Toyota with their hybrids going on the market what u think ?

Also Amd, after intel launched the Dual Core 2, I think is the time juste before amd will retaliate
L
1 August 2006 05:57
what About The lebanese isreali conflict and what it may engenders? 700 lebanese people killed thats a 700 percernt profit margin by israel. people are dying and sionists are doing business. thx ya biladi [marocforum.xooit.com]

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook