Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
English practice? hell yeah lets do it
27 May 2020 15:11
Yooooo whats good beautiful people, I hope y'all having a fabulous day.

I'm looking to offer some spoken English practice with Moroccan natives. If interested then PM me, we can go on a voice call sometime, it's gonna be fun, and don't be shy, I'll take it easy on you. I'd love to know more about Morocco and Maghreb culture from natives, I find it truly fascinating. Hit me up, females only please.

Respect!
S
27 May 2020 15:26

What you want ?
What you need ?

R.E.S.P.E.C.T
whistling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 10:44 by Siyama*.
27 May 2020 15:29
Females only ? ptdr
I thought you were interested in language and culture.

PS : I don't reply to private messages
27 May 2020 16:31
When someone is really interested in learning about something, whatever it could be, he doesn't care if it's with men or women mr black!
" Il ne faut pas perdre son temps à avancer des arguments de bonne foi face à des gens de mauvaise foi " Feu sa Majesté le Roi HASSAN II
27 May 2020 16:50
Oh yeah, I'm aware, I'm very very AWARE grinning smiley
27 May 2020 16:52
100% correct on females only, and the culture part. smiling smiley

Honestly, anyone can choose to do whatever they desire, however they see fit, so why would making a specific inquiry be a big deal? Taking into consideration that I choose to offer my free time, I can surely do it in whichever manner sounds good to me, and there are probably reasons for it. Anyone can take it or leave it really, its totally on them.

One thing to keep in mind is that contrast in perception will always be present between males and females when it comes to the society they live in, mostly due to various gender-associated experiences.

whysoseriousssah
Females only ? ptdr
I thought you were interested in language and culture.

PS : I don't reply to private messages
27 May 2020 17:09
I was ready to send you a message, tought it’s gonna be fun but bro « female only » seriously ?? Where you from ?
27 May 2020 17:26
With all due respect, that's your opinion, and you are totally entitled to have it. But me I beg to differ on this aspect, firstly because gender-bias is a real thing, and secondly because there are no written rules anywhere with regard to this, if it's my preference then why not?
Casablancaise☆Life
When someone is really interested in learning about something, whatever it could be, he doesn't care if it's with men or women mr black!
27 May 2020 17:43
Don't take it personal bro, it's really not meant to offend or anything of that sort. I just specified a preference for the time being that's all, it doesn't mean I'm never gonna be open to it at all of course. Many blessings!
27 May 2020 18:08
Hell, even if I analyze my original post and look at it from someone else's point of view, I still can't see how it's not reasonable. If a person wouldn't be enjoying their time for any reason what-so-ever, they could easily leave the call/conversation, restrict access to any kind of contact and move on with their day.
27 May 2020 18:43
No problem, maybe you don’t know but the big majority of the people here are french native with north africans origins. We are all muslims, and a men who ask the ladies to come speak in dm, for us there someting wrong you know. But come in mp if you have some question or you want to know something else about maroccan.

mrblack
Don't take it personal bro, it's really not meant to offend or anything of that sort. I just specified a preference for the time being that's all, it doesn't mean I'm never gonna be open to it at all of course. Many blessings!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2020 06:44 by Adrd.
27 May 2020 19:16
You can't deny that it sounds a little weird to specify "women only".

It gives the impress that the purpose is something else but... I don't know.

If a girl is ok with that, after all "why not" as you said...
mrblack
With all due respect, that's your opinion, and you are totally entitled to have it. But me I beg to differ on this aspect, firstly because gender-bias is a real thing, and secondly because there are no written rules anywhere with regard to this, if it's my preference then why not?
" Il ne faut pas perdre son temps à avancer des arguments de bonne foi face à des gens de mauvaise foi " Feu sa Majesté le Roi HASSAN II
M
27 May 2020 20:03
Wow women only, that's not shady at all sure...eye rolling smiley

If you really want to learn about Moroccan culture, travelling is the best way. Plus you have internet, vlogs etc...

But what you're asking is extremely shady, no offense. And don't start with gender bias or whatever. Most of us are muslims here so there are some rules to respect.

You want to know about Morrocan and Maghreb culture, here's one thing : asking women to talk in private without any good reason is inappropriate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2020 08:05 by Muslimarocaine.
27 May 2020 20:22
Really sorry if I've stirred up controversy or disrespected you or anyone else, I can assure you it wasn't intentional. You know, I could have easily left out that part, and only PM-responded to profiles which had the 'female' gender attached, but IDK, I'm just used to being straight-forward as hell, it be like that sometimes lolol.

Ain't trying to waste my time or anyone else's, if I was truly gonna be about some BS only, it wouldn't have gone far anyway because like I said before, people can just leave and be done with it if they want, it's that simple.

Anyway thank you for your time and have a good eve!
Casablancaise☆Life
You can't deny that it sounds a little weird to specify "women only".

It gives the impress that the purpose is something else but... I don't know.

If a girl is ok with that, after all "why not" as you said...
27 May 2020 21:12
Traveling is definitely the best way for real, I been wanting to get on that for some time now I'm just too busy with some business stuff that can only happen locally for now. Best believe I'll be all over there as soon as possible though.

I watch a ton of vlogs and videos related to Maghreb culture, even started dabbling with French because of it. But still, having a 1on1 can give you insight tailored to you as a person (or me in this case), so IMO doesn't compare with reading about it or watching stuff on it, it has its own value.

I don't see how it's shady, as long as I'm being genuine and respectful. You may think it's shady because it doesn't happen often, or perhaps because you have a preconceived notion of what you think people who say that kind of stuff might be after, but it ain't it, trust me.

Gender-bias is a global thing and has nothing to do with religion, there is gender-bias even where there is no religion due to the innate difference in roles that exists between men and women. Do you not agree that men and women live a widely different experience in society? Thus, their input on what life is like will also be different.

I don't think I've disrespected your religion (which, for your information, is the same as mine - just haven't been practicing at all), or broken any rules by mentioning "gender-bias" which is a psychological phenomenon occurring worldwide since the beginning of men/women's social inter-dynamics.

"asking women to talk in private without any good reason is inappropriate" - sure there are reasons, and good ones too at that, but how would you know? Frankly, you don't (other than the one I mentioned in my original post), and it's not like I'm gonna open up talking about personal stuff on a public forum. This isn't just about me, its also equally about the person who gets to practice their spoken English skills, and finds out more about my background, while I get to know more about theirs, and gain some insights on various things that only a woman can give.

If they can choose to leave anytime, why would it be an issue for them? Even if I had ill-intent (which I don't BTW), it still wouldn't make a difference cause nobody is forcing them to stick around.

Muslimarocaine
Wow women only, that's not shady at all sure...eye rolling smiley

If you really want to learn about Moroccan culture, travelling is the best way. Plus you have internet, vlogs etc...

But what you're asking is extremely shady, no offense. And don't start with gender bias or whatever. Most of us are muslims here so there are some rules to respect.

You want to know about Morrocan and Maghreb culture, here's one thing : asking women to talk in private without any good reason is inappropriate.
28 May 2020 02:25
"female only"

M
28 May 2020 07:06
Then I wish you to travel asap because that's for sure the best way to learn about other cultures.
Sure it's not same to watch vlogs etc.. but still it can give some insights and knowledge about our culture.

Look buddy, it became shady the moment you ask to speak only to women. Usually those who ask for that have other intentions than talking genuinely. If you would've not specify the gender nobody would've thought that. Plus, you could talk to men and maybe make a good friend out of it.

When I told you to not bring the gender bias thing, it's just because this has nothing to do with the subject and mostly it's a poor excuse to justify your demand. Regarding gender bias, it's obviously a plague in our society but it has nothing to do with the current subject.

If you're really muslim, you should know better not to ask that. But if you didn't know, I suggest you to learn about men-women relationship and what Islam says about it. BTW, maybe you don't know that but there is no such thing as "non practising muslim", it's an oxymoron expression and a big none-sens. Either you're muslim or not.

And don't worry, I think if someone here were looking to improve their english skills, they would know what to do. But you're right, just like it's your choice to speak only to women, it's also ours to criticize your approach. After all, it is what a forum is for right ?

Good luck !

mrblack
Traveling is definitely the best way for real, I been wanting to get on that for some time now I'm just too busy with some business stuff that can only happen locally for now. Best believe I'll be all over there as soon as possible though.

I watch a ton of vlogs and videos related to Maghreb culture, even started dabbling with French because of it. But still, having a 1on1 can give you insight tailored to you as a person (or me in this case), so IMO doesn't compare with reading about it or watching stuff on it, it has its own value.

I don't see how it's shady, as long as I'm being genuine and respectful. You may think it's shady because it doesn't happen often, or perhaps because you have a preconceived notion of what you think people who say that kind of stuff might be after, but it ain't it, trust me.

Gender-bias is a global thing and has nothing to do with religion, there is gender-bias even where there is no religion due to the innate difference in roles that exists between men and women. Do you not agree that men and women live a widely different experience in society? Thus, their input on what life is like will also be different.

I don't think I've disrespected your religion (which, for your information, is the same as mine - just haven't been practicing at all), or broken any rules by mentioning "gender-bias" which is a psychological phenomenon occurring worldwide since the beginning of men/women's social inter-dynamics.

"asking women to talk in private without any good reason is inappropriate" - sure there are reasons, and good ones too at that, but how would you know? Frankly, you don't (other than the one I mentioned in my original post), and it's not like I'm gonna open up talking about personal stuff on a public forum. This isn't just about me, its also equally about the person who gets to practice their spoken English skills, and finds out more about my background, while I get to know more about theirs, and gain some insights on various things that only a woman can give.

If they can choose to leave anytime, why would it be an issue for them? Even if I had ill-intent (which I don't BTW), it still wouldn't make a difference cause nobody is forcing them to stick around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 07:08 by Muslimarocaine.
28 May 2020 15:11
At this point, I've said all I had to say, not gonna bother with debating or try to convince anyone. It is what it is. If it's your will (or anyone else's) to dismiss what I've said and consider it a 'poor excuse', or see it as sketchy intent, be my guest, its all on you, no hard feelings on my behalf. You're always welcome to give it a go if you reconsider. I'd be happy to disappoint your expectations. smiling smiley

All love and respect, stay beautiful.

Muslimarocaine
Then I wish you to travel asap because that's for sure the best way to learn about other cultures.
Sure it's not same to watch vlogs etc.. but still it can give some insights and knowledge about our culture.

Look buddy, it became shady the moment you ask to speak only to women. Usually those who ask for that have other intentions than talking genuinely. If you would've not specify the gender nobody would've thought that. Plus, you could talk to men and maybe make a good friend out of it.

When I told you to not bring the gender bias thing, it's just because this has nothing to do with the subject and mostly it's a poor excuse to justify your demand. Regarding gender bias, it's obviously a plague in our society but it has nothing to do with the current subject.

If you're really muslim, you should know better not to ask that. But if you didn't know, I suggest you to learn about men-women relationship and what Islam says about it. BTW, maybe you don't know that but there is no such thing as "non practising muslim", it's an oxymoron expression and a big none-sens. Either you're muslim or not.

And don't worry, I think if someone here were looking to improve their english skills, they would know what to do. But you're right, just like it's your choice to speak only to women, it's also ours to criticize your approach. After all, it is what a forum is for right ?

Good luck !

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook